Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

My Train Experience (state Of Nigeria Rail Transport System) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Experience (state Of Nigeria Rail Transport System) (658 Views)

My Abuja – Kaduna Train Experience; A Sweet Bitter Pill - Man Recounts. Photos / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Train Experience (state Of Nigeria Rail Transport System) by 33coded(m): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
As a copper posted to the north (kano) precisely to serve Nigeria i left osogbo as early as 6:30am in the morning and got to kano around 9pm,thought of trying another means of transportation maybe it will be better while coming bak down to the west i decided to try train and the experience goes thus. Firstly had to get boarding ticket afterwards boarded the train almost if not all the sit was filled from the starting station, we continue to the next station but the surprising thing is that passengers that board from each station are far more than those that drop infact those that boarded from other stations have no space to sit, bad to the extent that all the passage way was filled with load and people, in short it was overload from sittting to standing the heat was something else the worst thing is that the toilet meant for easing oneself is filled with load and people. Now my question is that is there no maximum number of passenger a train should take, is there no way to know the number of people that bought ticket from one station to the other to be able to manage crowd and make rail system comfortable and convenient also there should be public address system to inform people of where they are and the next point. Sincerely there is lack of management in the rail system of this country and it has to be looked into. Those are my little suggestions for a better rail transport system if you have more please add. God bless Nigeria.
Re: My Train Experience (state Of Nigeria Rail Transport System) by iliyande(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
I think the only good thing in the journey is the train experience cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Fatal Accident Along Minna-Abuja Road / First International Cargo Flight Land In Enugu Airport. / Obigbo To Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.