Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,326 members, 7,842,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

The New Rules Of Self Improvement Tips And Proverbs On Leadership Mastery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Rules Of Self Improvement Tips And Proverbs On Leadership Mastery (449 Views)

Understand The Mastery Of Wedding Colour / FOREX: CBN Introduces New Rules, Naira Closes At 367/$ / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Rules Of Self Improvement Tips And Proverbs On Leadership Mastery by probrand: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Being a leader in any field requires so many tricks and tip of personal mastery of leadership role; and team leader role. Team work is one of the important roles of leadership.

I’m aware that when leadership ideals are mentioned in simple, bald words, be serious, obey your gut instincts and so on.

Self confidence means knowing when to listen; people don’t enjoy following leaders whose appearance and demeanour give the impression they’re being led into the valley of death. They want to follow leaders who emanate a sense of purpose and self confidence, and all the people I respect at the top have these qualities in spades.

It’s important to understand, though, that self confidence means positive outlook and an ability to be at ease with yourself.

It doesn’t mean a leader who thinks they know the answer to everything. Leaders who think this can actually have a negative impact because their supposed omniscience discourages their team ever taking their initiative. And, at its very worst, overbearing self confidence becomes the business, arrogance.

Leadership tips and team leader roles

The leaders I admire have the ability to make commitment and really stick by it. They also communicate really well. If you cannot communicate what your ideas are to your team, then I don’t believe that you can really be a leader.

To be a leader you have to have followers, and that means you have to gain respect and confidence of the people you are trying to lead so they believe in you.

Getting your team to listen and sign on what you are advocating is an important feat.

To be a good leader you have to encourage people to speak up. You have to encourage people not to be afraid of you. Leading by fear is a disaster. I see that in certain team, and to me that is not leadership. Basically, you are just scaring the heck out of somebody so they do what they have to do. That is not real leadership and you will never get people to perform at their peak capabilities.

At its best, self confidence allows others to make a contribution and also ensures that you the leader emanate a sense of optimism, even if times are hard. After all, people look up to you.

As a leader you are like a barometer. A glance at you and the team instantly decides which way the wind is blowing and whether it’s favorable or not.

You need always to remember that, and to be aware of the effects your demeanour has on people, even when you have other pressing matters on your mind.

This doesn’t mean that you can avoid the realities of your situation, but what it does mean is that you can always be certain that, with your team, you can overcome the problems and succeed.

You’re not just the eternal optimist, but a pragmatic and motivating leader who tells it how it is, yet with an air that things will soon be on up and up.

The role of a leader is to inspire and motivate people. If you can do that in your working day and your teams have go about their job with more self confidence, then that is probably the biggest contribution you can make.

As a leader you might not be inwardly at all times, but you should never say, ‘this is dire, what are we going to do? If you do, everyone else thinks that if the boss doesn’t know what to do they are really in trouble.

Even when you don’t know what to do, you have to have the approach of the explorer (Ernest) Shackleton, declaring that we are going to get through this and come out the other side. We are going to be better and stronger and we will all learn something.

Recommended Course Book to Read As A Leader: Dale Carnegie Leadership mastery Course Book By Dale Carnegie

Read more of my life changing blog post @ http://www.promarketingbrand.com/2016/04/the-new-rules-of-self-improvement-tips.html

(1) (Reply)

Help On Mini Importation / What Is The Ideal Profit Margin For Small Scale Businesses? / Importation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.