Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Mercedes Kompressor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Kompressor (49757 Views)

Mercedes Benz Kompressor And 4matic Which Is Economical / Difference Btw Benz CLK,AMG,KOMPRESSOR ETC / Different Btw M/benz C180,c200,c230 N C230 Kompressor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2006
i rcently fell in love with the Mercedes-Kompressor
whut do u guys think of that sleek beauty
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2007
Sweetie which one?

The Kompressor just is an engine.

I used to drive the E 200, recent modell, with the kompressor engine, but it´s not powerfull enough for this heavy car.

As I look at your nice picture I would recommend the SLK compressor, if u own some bucks or got a nice (sugar) daddy grin

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2007
Kompressor is not just an engine, then why would it be the name at the back of the car?
i kno the car ooh.

Mayb ill get me One, grin
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2007
OK, no prob, if u know better, just show me this car, wink

By the way: on the back of my current car u can read [b]iL [/b]so what is it
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Seun(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2007
You're in love with the Mercedes Kompressor? Well, I am in love with the BMW Fuel TankTM, too!
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2007
Seun u got it[b] iL[/b] belongs to my BMW!

Anyway I am not in love with its fuel-tank,
but with the lady on the seat next to meo grin
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by NSNA: 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2007
im all for jaguar xk convertible.

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2007
ok oh, im not a car freak but i saw smthing like this, wiv kompressor on the back
And Seun dnt evn think ur funny.
I luv Mercedes cars whuteva,
But i saw this silver convertible, with a gurl nd her yunger sista in it, it was so tite

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2007
Sorry Gamine, but I had to say this: the Volkswagen Clutch is a beauty to behold! cheesy
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2007
keep laffn at me huh, as if u cnt see Kompressor on that car! cry angry tongue grin
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2007
OK, finally we got it, thx for the pic u mean the Mercedes C- class Sport!
Little car for little girl wink

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
Watever, im a small gurl, but i dnt like small cars ok, Jeeps are more my thing cheesy
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2007
Ok Gamine,
no that I see your real pic it´s better u hide behind some black HUMMER windshield cool
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2007
Yeah , the Hummer is jst allrite, Gotta hide!! tongue
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2007
OK,
now that u hid, can I pick u up with this one?

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2007
oh my that is soo nice!
yes yes yes!!!
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2007
Sorry baby, me too I was faking,
want to be honest with u now,
one of those would do it to
pick u up after your exam?

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Gamine(f): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2007
oh thats ok too
they r jst alrite! grin
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Ivvie: 12:37am On Mar 23, 2007
The Mercedes are dead-unreliable. These Benzes don't have the engineering we've always thought they pack. The Kompressor is more like a blower that gets the exhaust out of the manifold a lot quicker to give power. Power is limited because it takes power to run the kompressor. In English, we call them superchargers. The concept is somehow like a compressor. The mechanical type is called a turbo charger. All you need to do is floor the pedal and wait for the boost. Mercedes in 2006 had the biggest recall in history besides Ford with its sensotronic braking system on its E Class. There is nothing cool about new Mercedes' because they fail. The most unreliable car by Consumer Report was the S Class. And if I'm corrent, the Mercedes family cleared the bottom for 2006 with the S Class being the worse. And people buy that for $180,000
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by femionasan(m): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2007
A Bentley GT is just alright? shocked

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by user86666(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2007
The Kompressor is just the engine technology gamine, just like the iVtec on the Hondas. There are various Benz models built with the Kompressor engine technology, besides I don't think you should contest this with a user located in Germany

I thot seun was funny at first jab

Ivvie give em a break, they got pedigree

ruescho what cars are those in the last pic please?
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by ruescho(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2007
user86666:

The Kompressor is just the engine technology gamine, just like the iVtec on the Hondas. There are various Benz models built with the Kompressor engine technology, besides I don't think you should contest this with a user located in Germany

I thot seun was funny at first jab

Ivvie give em a break, they got pedigree

ruescho what cars are those in the last pic please?

Well in front is the Bentley Continental GT that is based on the Volkswagen Phaeton u see in the back.

Me I only own the Phaeton, but at least I put it on shining Bentley wheels.

Concerning the Kompressor I have to add I was driving the Mercedes E-Class 200 Kompressor recently, its stunning, how much power this car can
developp out of small engine. But only as öong as u go alone, not faster than 200 km/h and not uphill.

Cannot compare it to the Bentley W 12 or the Phaeton that even with small 3.2 litre V6 engine is amazing!!!

Regards
ruescho
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Ivvie: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2007
The compressor is an air blower in mechanical engineering or a pump.  I prefer two or four extra cylinders instead of a blower.   Kompressor is not the technology, it's a method of spicing a weak powered engine without the cost of redesigning the entire projects.  It's termed an after-thought.  All cars except asians don't use turbo or super chargers.

Power in kompressor or super chargers are limite because it takes power to produce power.  And for that vehicle, you only get power at low end and low torque performance. 

@ user86666 (m)
I grew up liking Mercedes. But the truth today is that Benzes are crap.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by user86666(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2007
ruescho methinks german cars are extremely robust and I imagine the Phaeton would be a lovely drive, nice car!

ivvie thanks for enlightening us,
Ivvie:

. . . it's a method of spicing a weak powered engine without the cost of redesigning the entire projects
but thats a technology aint it?

I agree Benzs are not as great as we knew them, getting more aesthetic in design tho'
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by DewDrop(f): 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2007
cool
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by FBI477(m): 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2007
before reading dewdrop's post, i first looked at the pic and one came to my mind before anything else was a picture taken from a yoruba musical video. cheesy cheesy anyway, nice Benzes, dewunmi! wetin do ur mama plate number?
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by DewDrop(f): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
Thanx & LoL @ FBI477, She has the state plate on the back- the decorative one came with it and it never seemed important to change it- i think it looks good with it.

Im acutally looking to buy a smaller car (well i should say I've bought) the Honda City- I know it's just a City but i'm sure the maintenence would be much lower than the ML- that will just be for special occasions! LoL
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by FBI477(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2007
dewunmi, your location changes so swiftly. grin sure the mercedes plate number is beautiful and the honda city really is a cheaper car to maintain since it would run on a daily basis (considering work from monday to friday) in terms of fuel consumption et al. for your ML, as a confirmed yoruba babe, the owambes will expect your arrival from an all black SUV Benz. meanwhile, make una dey pray for we wey still dey roll on leg-bus-okada to arrange at least '92 model 4 tires so that we sef go fit pose small 4 go-slow. wink

cool cool cool
IBB
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by DewDrop(f): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2007
If you mean literally why my location changed from "Planet Earth" to "Lagos/Ibadan, Nigeria", my location had to change 'because I got banned from Nairaland for like 5 hours for not disclosing my location! It was in fact changed for me by Seun, I'm guessing.

The problem aside from the fact that driving the ML in Lagos day in and out to work at all hours makes me uncomfortable because it makes me somewhat of a target (True story: This okada guy ran into me (while parked), took off my mirror casing and wanted me to pay him!!) is the maintenance costs. As I ignore your sarcasm and type on, its apparent you are [b]not [/b]a Benz owner in Nigeria, if you were you would understand that maintaining a Honda even with daily use is much cheaper than a ML- servicing has never cost me less than 45k, 13k to replace a mirror casing, electrical problems left and right that need attention and the list goes on.

Again with the name calling, abeg- leave my government out of this,
Danke!
Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Ivvie: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ user86666

We call it a pump or blower in mechanical engineering

As for your technology, would you call an eight spoke wheel with a lock nut a kind of technology over a five spoke wheel?  Its the same thing.  Having a supercharger doesn't substitute a naturally aspirated engine.  My Volvo is turbocharged with 5 cylinders and it's high pressured with a 2.5 dia exhaust.  A few months later after my purchase of the Volvo, I bought an NA vehicle.  To benefit from the turbo, I have to build up pressure within the manifold to enable to turbo to spool.  It's nothing new, compressor pumps were introduced in the 70's and most cars had it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by user86666(m): 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2007
You obviously are in that field and I aint gona argue
Technology is simply the application of science (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/technology), so something as basic as moving about when signal reception is low on your mobile fone hoping to catch better service is a technology (if the subject understands why)
So I think applying the science of the compressor to 'boost' performance in an engine is a technology.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Kompressor by Ivvie: 3:05am On Apr 18, 2007
@user86666

I completely agree with you if that was your perspective about the technological approach.  ,  but in terms of ground-breaking, its a no.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jaguar E-type Abandoned For 20 Years To Be Sold For N24million (photos) / Jeep Vs SUV: What's The Difference? / Roadside Mechanic Flees With Customer's Car In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.