Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Assistance Needed With Solar Panel/phone/power Bank Connection!!!!!!!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Assistance Needed With Solar Panel/phone/power Bank Connection!!!!!!!!!! (597 Views)

Meet The First Iphone X Tesla With Solar Panel Worth Of $4,500 / Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Assistance Needed With Solar Panel/phone/power Bank Connection!!!!!!!!!! by mikaj(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
Will go straight to the point. Please i will like to know if i can use a solar panel with the specification; 4.5volts, 340mA to charge a power bank with an input spec of 5volts and 2.1A MAX.

Second question is will i be able to use the solar panel to charge my mobile phone without any negative effect?

Since phcn and some persons out there controlling our fuel supply are doing shakara, i'm out to use something they have no power over; THE SUN.
Re: Assistance Needed With Solar Panel/phone/power Bank Connection!!!!!!!!!! by tegoguy(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
It should work but it would take a long time to charge since it is under powered.

The 4.5 Volts should suffice but you want to get as close to the 2 amps as possible.

You need to add another solar panel or incorporate a step up inverter charging circuit to ensure you get the required amps and voltage. If you have junk electronics around you could salvage it from a useless device if you know what to look for.

This is the reason why I never discard any electronics or power cords....never know when you may have to improvise.
Re: Assistance Needed With Solar Panel/phone/power Bank Connection!!!!!!!!!! by mikaj(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
tegoguy:
It should work but it would take a long time to charge since it is under powered.

The 4.5 Volts should suffice but you want to get as close to the 2 amps as possible.

You need to add another solar panel or incorporate a step up inverter charging circuit to ensure you get the required amps and voltage. If you have junk electronics around you could salvage it from a useless device if you know what to look for.

This is the reason why I never discard any electronics or power cords....never know when you may have to improvise.

dont have the necessary components but could it be used like that?

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Is On Whatsapp. (photo) / Stop Searching!!! Why Don't You Let Your Android App Do It For You / I Need Suggestions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.