Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Install Boeffla Kernel 5.0 Alpha8 In CM 13 Oneplus 2 [grarak Build] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Install Boeffla Kernel 5.0 Alpha8 In CM 13 Oneplus 2 [grarak Build] (1088 Views)

These Photos Were Taken With A Oneplus 2 Mobile Phone / Oneplus 3 Vs Oneplus 2 Vs Oneplus X: Which Should You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Install Boeffla Kernel 5.0 Alpha8 In CM 13 Oneplus 2 [grarak Build] by saeedashifahmed(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2016
Lord Boeffla is the Gun of OnePlus phones. Many person knows him from OnePlus One and yes me too. He is popular because of his powerful Boeffla Kernel which gives a lot of added tweaks in Kernel Management with Stunning battery life. Also, we can see a significant improvement in Benchmark if we integrate Boeffla Kernel with our Android system. When I purchased OnePlus 2, it was Oxygen OS 2.1.2 out of the Box which was quite buggy with horrible battery life. Later, I decided to change the Kernel and Boeffla Kernel was my only trusted option.

So I rooted my OP 2 and Flashed Boeffla Kernel via TWRP and I got a significant difference in battery life as well as performance in Auntutu Benchmark.

Later on, I found there is a another custom ROM for OnePlus 2 which is far better than Oxygen OS 2.x.x in every expect. And it was CM 13 Grarak Build. I already mentioned in one of my earlier post about CM 13 by Grarak. Grarak is an Official CyanogenMOD developer and he is contributing to the Official CM for OnePlus 2.

But, for now he is releasing his own CM 13 build in Twitter. Now, you may ask me if his build were nightly or Stable (Snapshot). I can say, CM 13 by Grarak are almost stable. At least more stable than Oxygen OS 2.2.x in every aspect.

So, One Day I asked to Lord Boeffla if he would build some Kernel for CyanogenMod too. He replies to me "Only when the Official Build of CM come, I will start to do so"

But the Official CM is still not released yet and Lord Boeffla was wrong. He released his Kernel for CM 13 Grarak Build. Read below to see some of the Notice from Lord Boeffla and easy installation Instruction for this Kernel.

Features of Boeffla-Kernel 5.0-alpha8 :

Full integration with Boeffla-Config V2 (you need at least version 2.2.42 or higher !!!) configuration app (get it from http://droidphoria..com/2016/04/Boeffla-Kernel-for-CM-13-on-OnePlus-2.html) to configure all kernel settings
The two CPUs (big and little cpu) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies, governors and hotplug profiles
Additional governors: Impulse, zzmoove, elementalx, conservative, ondemand
Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio und zen
Hotplugging done by using stock core_ctl method
Many Hotplug tweak profiles (default are: little CPU always runs on 4 cores, big CPU runs on between 2 and 4 cores based on load)
Notification LED control (fading, speed, brightness)
Boeffla-Sound engine (Headphones volume configurable only)
Dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
Input boost frequencies and duration configurable, input boost switch
No CPU and GPU overclocking yet
No CPU and GPU voltage interface (will probably never come to save me support work)
GPU underclocking to 27 MHz possible
msm_adreno_tz and simple_ondemand tweaked to better utilize low frequencies
Show CPU frequency usage per CPU and frequency in Boeffla-Config
Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
KCal V2 Color control
Swipe2wake gestures
Swipe2sleep gestures
BCL (battery current limit) driver switchable (default is on)
SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
Thermal engine profiles (in system Tweaks section)
Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
Charge rates for AC charger and USB charging separately configurable (set charge rate to 0 to have stock charge logic back)
CIFS support (module, do not mount inside /data, if you rooted with Chainfire SuperSu, make sure you uncheck the namespace separation in SuperSu app)
NFS support (module)
NTFS support (module)
XBox support (module)
OTG-Ethernet support (module)
TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
Many additional TCP congestion algorithms activated to be used
init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
Automatic EFS backup
Integrated full busybox 1.24.2 (own compilation)
Kernel initialisation log file (with history of 3 log files)
Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
Rom flash survival mode configurable in Boeffla-Config
Google gcc 4.9 toolchain (64 bit) used for best stability
Always using latest CM13 Initramfs
Always based on latest CM13 kernel sources on Github.

How to Install Boeffla-Kernel 5.0-alpha8 in CM 13 OnePlus 2 :

Full tutorial with Download LINKS Here : http://droidphoria..com/2016/04/Boeffla-Kernel-for-CM-13-on-OnePlus-2.html

(1) (Reply)

Good Camera Phone Between N25-30k / I Need The Screen And Earpiece Flex Of This Phone (pics) / What Is The Name Of Your First Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.