Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Pregnancy Of A Woman - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Pregnancy Of A Woman (571 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy Of A Woman by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
A constellation
Of beauty ; a womanhood
Into traditions

Guilty of childbearing and
Voiceless at decisioning

Adorned creature
Receptive to compliments
Subjection's love

Sorrow is pleasurable
The voice of misogyny

Married to then love
Packaged for a husband's wish
Restricted desires

When her eyes are on fire
Then plays the song of the mute

For her nine months
Congratulations is dished
A Kingdom welcomed

Despised for a woman child
Avalanche of sudden tide

Caressed with loneliness
Consoled with deep emotions
The gods' emptiness

Her tears, far North and far South
Of a river, overflow

More than pregnancy
Pregnancy of a woman
From her infancy

For her yesterday's future
A tomorrow starting now.

joseph1832, Dklef, gracile ,speeder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
My first Renga

Analysis

The Renga centers on the almost extinct case of the situation in which a woman doesn't marry for love. She might just be given out to someone she never knew. The birth of a woman child only doesn't really mean anything. A woman who bears only women children seem not to be applauded and therefore despised.
All these and more thus the pregnancy of a woman.

(My reference to infancy is not to be generalised though as not all family or traditions loads all the work (at home) to the women (from childhood) .)
Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by joseph1832(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nice. But a Tanka poem is suppose to comprise of 31 syllables, written in five lines with the syllable count of 5-7-5-7-7.

This form looks like that of a Renga. But nice work all the same.
Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
joseph1832:
Nice. But a Tanka poem is suppose to comprise of 31 syllables, written in five lines with the syllable count of 5-7-5-7-7.

This form looks like that of a Renga. But nice work all the same.

You're correct. It's actually a renga.

A renga and a Tanka are kinda same. That was where I got confused but now I'm clarified. 5-7-5 then 7-7 for a renga but 5-7-5-7-7 for a Tanka. Thanks.

Let me do some modification(s).

Please, I need your critique(s) on my work. Let me know how to improve more.
Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by joseph1832(m): 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
TheAgba:

You're correct. It's actually a renga.

A renga and a Tanka are kinda same. That was where I got confused but now I'm clarified. 5-7-5 then 7-7 for a renga but 5-7-5-7-7 for a Tanka. Thanks.

Let me do some modification(s).

Please, I need your critique(s) on my work. Let me know how to improve more.
Okay. But I hope you know Renga's are suppose to be written by two or more people, not one?.
Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
joseph1832:
Okay. But I hope you know Renga's are suppose to be written by two or more people, not one?.
I'm aware of that. But there are cases in which one person writes it. I read some from the poetrysoup website.
Re: Pregnancy Of A Woman by joseph1832(m): 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
TheAgba:

I'm aware of that. But there are cases in which one person writes it. I read some from the poetrysoup website.
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Gist : My Love Letter To Nigeria @yadah October 1st / The Hands Of A Poet / DELETED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.