Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune (1005 Views)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Communicators League /ofada Kitchen / Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune by Hendrickes: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
I boarded a bus from Apata to Dugbe, dropping my box in its boot. While doing that, a similar box which insignificantly differed in size from mine caught my attention. I had premonitions, but I discarded them, taking the tattered seat in front like royalty.

Along the way, a fellow passenger alerted the driver he would alight at the next bus stop, making it known he had luggage in the boot. On alighting, the bus conductor hastily opened the boot and ignorantly gave my box to the man who innocently took it. He immediately flagged down a taxi cruising towards Ojoo/UI. My instincts drove cold through my spines propelling me to look back to confirm from the conductor if my box was still 'rightly safe' in the boot. He replied assertively in Yoruba. With the intonation of the Ibadan man which his long bold tribal marks also depicted him to be, he said, "Busi yin wa nbe, emi ni mo sa gbee be" meaning the box was safe. Unknown to him, he had made a costly mistake. I turned to sit well, trying to trust the credibility of the conductor while anxiety kept smiling at me mockingly. On getting to my destination, I hopped off the bus, took a stride towards the back of the bus to get my box which the bus conductor already offloaded before I could reach the rear. Dropping the hat, before I could grab it to ascertain its ownership, the bus had zoomed off... HOLY LORD!!!

Click on this link to read more--- http://www.communicatorsleague.com/2016/04/apata-to-dugbe-of-misfortune-and.html

Culled from Apata to Dugbe; Of Fortune and Misfortune by Bamidele Seth.

Read, Share and Enjoy!

(1) (Reply)

7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens By Sean Covey / Alternative To Amazon KDP / The Seventh Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.