Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:04 AM

Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant (35397 Views)

Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor / I Regret Being A Medical Doctor / Medical Consultant Salary VS Professor Salary: Proof Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
I'm just wondering.
Who earns more between this two people both at entry level and at the long run?
And who has a better chance of societal and political recognition in terms of appointment.

lalasticlala
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by AntiWailer: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
A Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
1forall ,
CrazyMan ,
seun,
lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by shobroy10(m): 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
NNPC or FIRS candidates
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by maxwell767(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Wait am coming....
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Chinaimporter: 6:42am On Apr 21, 2016
A medical consultant earns far more than a proffesor in almost all countries of the world. In the united states, an entry level post resident doctor makes from $180k to $500k per annum depending on specialty while even the top proffrsors who are dean of colleges hardly make above $130k.
In nigeria,an entry level government consultant makes about 700k montly excluding outside consultations while a new proffessor make about 430k.
This difference is quite understandable since doctors are quite functional.people who also bring in money for the facilites and also impart knowledge on students while proffesors only impart knowledge and hardly bring in any money to their universties.
Nigeria doctors are one of the most poorly paod in the world that is why we are losing them by thousands to better paying countries like the us,uk,saudi arabia and now even namibia and botswana where they are in very high demand.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Jroy(m): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2016
doctor naw
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by pacifique(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Consultants because of hazard, teaching and call allowance

3 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by authenticman(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Do you really expect an answer to this question of yours? I don't think so
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by sinistermind(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
I think professors do... cos most professors are consultants for different companies and also for oda universities.

5 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Caspian22(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Still Waiting for a good answer
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by eleojo23: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
I think consultants earn more because they hardly work in just one hospital. The can work in many hospitals at the same time and they have consulting days for each hospital.
And their pay is very high.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Apr 21, 2016
As long as the professor is also into personal consulting,thhe medical consultant na learner financially for in side..also some have the same portfollios a medical professor who is also into consulting....that said most prof are coded,you won't know how much dey earn...I know one in unilag then prof of like 20 years they use 1984 model of car...I don laff tire
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Medical consultant for sure...
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by histemple: 6:46am On Apr 21, 2016
authenticman:

I thought about it too but then the Op can be anybody different from what we think.

1 Like

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by tunshe: 6:46am On Apr 21, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
I'm just wondering.
Who earns more between this two people both at entry level and at the long run?
And who has a better chance of societal and political recognition in terms of appointment.

lalasticlala

A medical consultant can also be a professor. Your question isn't clear.

What do you mean by entry level for a professor?

Or do you mean a lecturer at entry level and when he eventually becomes a professor and a medical officer at entry level and when he becomes a medical consultant?

Can you reframe it so that you could get better response from Nairalanders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by histemple: 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
authenticman:

I thought about it too but then the Op can be anybody different from what we think. I don't even understand the question.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Oluwacolded: 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
when you are an entrepreneur u earn more than this 2 people.

2 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by mitesheg: 6:48am On Apr 21, 2016
A medical consultant with experience earns more than a teaching professor unless if the prof is into other consulting jobs.However,a professor has the advantage of been appointed into government political positions like advisers etc than a medical consultant.

3 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by DBossNG(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2016
Ask them
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by elnino02(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Footballers!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Elbubs(f): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
A medical consultant.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by yelloo1(m): 6:51am On Apr 21, 2016
are u applying for d post of a prof or a medical consultant? if my guess is right I doubt I u hav a master degree neither are u in a medical schul.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by ayamAgenius: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2016
Most professor are broke asses!

3 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Chyjoval(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
A networker
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by fatjo(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Gbagam
Oluwacolded:
when you are an entrepreneur u earn more than this 2 people.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Chinaimporter: 6:56am On Apr 21, 2016
sinistermind:
I think professors do... cos most professors are consultants for different companies and also for oda universities.

Most medical consultants are into private consulting and also consult for international bodies like who and so many ngos.....there is hardly a way a prof can earn better that even a new medical consultant
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by sandraokosun: 6:57am On Apr 21, 2016
i dont know how much these two earn but a ward councillor earns more than them. This remind me of a marriage reception i went to and the speaker of assembly was chairman when their was profs, etc plus the groom dad was a prof.
mr speaker is just a street nigga that barely went to sch, when the speaker was about to give chairman speech he acknwoledge his s.sa and kegites and left the profs, in his words he said "these days everybody claims to be a prof cos of how easy it has become and that he would investigate the claim"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by driand(m): 7:01am On Apr 21, 2016
Why do you ask?
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by 3ice: 7:02am On Apr 21, 2016
A medical consultant is seen as somebody who has huge experience in medical line (May equally be a professor) and renders services to certain hospitals.. And he/she charges per hour or per patient etc. The medical consultant earns well, but a professor can earn bigger which is dependent on the professor's area of specialization. For instance a professor in Elect Engineering rendering services to the Telecom, A professor of Petroleum Engineering rendering services to Shell, Mobil, Chevron etc.

The professors who dont go height are professors who dont find their field lucrative and end their careers in the teaching field or serve as employees in organisations which has demand for their level of ideas in that department.
This is for long run case.

For entry level case: Both can earn same because of their level of experience and qualification.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by macino1(m): 7:03am On Apr 21, 2016
Chinaimporter:
A medical consultant earns far more than a proffesor in almost all countries of the world. In the united states, an entry level post resident doctor makes from $180k to $500k per annum depending on specialty while even the top proffrsors who are dean of colleges hardly make above $130k.
In nigeria,an entry level government consultant makes about 700k montly excluding outside consultations while a new proffessor make about 430k.
This difference is quite understandable since doctors are quite functional.people who also bring in money for the facilites and also impart knowledge on students while proffesors only impart knowledge and hardly bring in any money to their universties.
Nigeria doctors are one of the most poorly paod in the world that is why we are losing them by thousands to better paying countries like the us,uk,saudi arabia and now even namibia and botswana where they are in very high demand.

I concord with your explanation

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kennedy Ekezie Honored By The Queen Of England As One Of The "Young leaders" / Lagos Government To Prosecute Employer Who Assaulted Her Sales Girl (Pictures) / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.