Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Abia 16A - Come On Board, Ask Your Questions - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Abia 16A - Come On Board, Ask Your Questions (447 Views)

BORNO~NASARAWA 16A Stream 2 Fall In Here / OGUN, 16A Corpers Lets Meet Here / Finally The New NYSC DG Did It!!! Congrats 16A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia 16A - Come On Board, Ask Your Questions by Hayfeez(m): 6:34am On Apr 21, 2016
Hii,

Congratulations on being posted to Abia, God's own state.

I am currently serving in Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia state.

And I am here to help in any way I can with enquiries anyone may have as regards coming to camp, serving in the state etc.

You are welcome to Abia. The state where God lives and visit other states
Re: Abia 16A - Come On Board, Ask Your Questions by Hayfeez(m): 6:53am On Apr 21, 2016
Let's start with the basics

Camp location
The orientation camp is located in Ummuna Bende, Bende local government area of the state. It's just about 45minutes to Umuahia, the state Capital.

Getting to Camp
1. On getting to Umuahia, most buses stop at the new Park with exception of Peace mass transit and Abia line, Both stop at their private parks which is close to Gate.

From any of the parks, take a kèké napep to Gate, where you will see buses going to the camp. Specifically mention to them you are going to the nysc camp cos the local government is the biggest guest in the state and there are buses going to different parts of the LG.

Alternatively, you are sure to meet NCCF, MCAN and different other corper religious bodies at the park that may be ready to convey you to the camp or their lodges to pass the night if you arrive late.

Camp facilities
The orientation camp is nice, with good hostels, water isn't a problem.
Hostels are equipped with WC whose cleanliness is up to the hostel occupants,
Electricity wasn't a problem back then, so you can always get your phones charged in the Mosque, Church or Mami market (for a token).

Surroundings were effectively fumigated against Mosquitoes.

The state Coordinator is now a woman, so I can't say the camp experience would be same as ours. Ours was fun

NB.
As it's currently raining in the state, you will do yourself a favour of coming along with your white sweater (the only color u are allowed to wear).

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Bacth A Copers Postedto Akwa Ibom State Join Here. / Become A Blogger / [b]one Word For All Nysc Discharge Corp Members[/b]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.