Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies (3999 Views)

N-power: Fayose Laments Mass Unemployment, Says Its Timebomb For Nation / Aregbesola Launches A Job Creation Center In Osun State(see Photos) / "N-Power" FG Introduces Job Creation Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

Why do I feel like you guys are trying hard to get my attention? I deliberately ignored the last mention here and quietly unfollowed this thread.

I am not one known for fighting faceless peeps on the internet, I've got no time for that. I made reference to your article trying to be friendly with you - the writer and you responded semi well the first time, then that attention seeker looking for someone to exchange words with had to jump in like an uninvited tombo fly.

If you guys really think that I will stoop so low as to forget the main reason why I commented on this thread in the first place and start exchanging derogatory words with you all, then you've lost it. I don't waste my time and words for insults, I'm wiser than that. Grow up and be like me!

I challenge status quo.
Goodbye.

P.S Take extra note of my siggy. Thanks.

pls note my use of words, I have been using 'thanks' and 'pls' just to get along with all people commenting. I don't use inflamatory words or intend to abuse anyone who comment on my post cos I see them as my friends. Thanks for your understanding.

Am passionate about getting intellectual and curative solutions to our nation's problems. Nig will be great again
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 8:54am On Apr 25, 2016
dazzle101:

Hum
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Unemployment is a cancer, it must be swiftly defeated
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Heijay: 7:28am On May 02, 2016
Jire..Ur points are valid.Quality education yields quality productivity..Lets have a look at our friends who are abroad to study and gathered the said knowledge;why haven't influenced the system?Most of our lecturers those days in Ife got one Certificate of the other in a recognise institution abroad,why are they handicapped to revolutionize the settings?
Another side;what makes u feel doctors get best of training;is it because they can prescribe antimalaria,antidiabetic and those little community health challenges?Do know there are archaic surgical procedures still being taught and used?Ain't u aware that careful patients don't wanna meet house officer-graduates who are studying to be consultants?Ain't u aware dt our doctors here go through some trainings bfor practising in some countries,else,they function as nurses?
Here's my take;I noticed our leaders have subsistent mentality.We program to satisfy the primary needs of the citizens without thinking of influencing the world.We lack global impact mentality!Hardly will u see a biz plan dt has global coverage as a goal!My boutique is for my neighbourhood!Reason behind small biznesses;something dt can put food on my table till I get govt job!How do we break even?
When will there we a fish farm dt has well paid 100'000 workers?When do we draft a plan to control global oil market-cos we explore and refine in excess!When do we have automobile village dt has over 150'000 workers:working and well paid with products everywhere?!What we call skill acquisition are what a normal human being shud do!Painting,barbing,laundry,maison,furniture making..at least to some extent!We won't grow GDP this way!
My emphasy;we need a drive in our minds dt has global perspective,this will birth big structures,then there will be demand for more knowledge,education will step in to meet those demands,more jobs,better economy... If not,a civil engineer will waste in d bank.Make power available,Nigeria will use it for barbing business..
Thanks bro..Great job
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 7:54am On May 02, 2016
Nice points there Heijay...

Thinking big and going global rather than meeting just the immediate needs of one's locality is definitely the way forward, thumbs up!! grin

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, really big grammars as the lady rightly stated, but thank God I'm able to understand them. OP (don't know d full meaning of that yet), I completely agree with u. U were particularly mentioning agriculture which z my field. It's annoying to know that we haven't thought of Biotechnology as a way of improving our agriculture.... Infact, comparing most of d foreign books on Biotechnology I've read after my graduation, I found out most of our lecturers ain't even in sync with current biotech processes. My question now is, what z d way out for those already out of school because as someone said we can't go back there to learn the same archaic stuffs, n even if government creates policies, we'll still need expatriates cos d graduates ain't enlightened enough to know what needs to be done

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2016
Heijay:
Jire..Ur points are valid.Quality education yields quality productivity..Lets have a look at our friends who are abroad to study and gathered the said knowledge;why haven't influenced the system?Most of our lecturers those days in Ife got one Certificate of the other in a recognise institution abroad,why are they handicapped to revolutionize the settings?
Another side;what makes u feel doctors get best of training;is it because they can prescribe antimalaria,antidiabetic and those little community health challenges?Do know there are archaic surgical procedures still being taught and used?Ain't u aware that careful patients don't wanna meet house officer-graduates who are studying to be consultants?Ain't u aware dt our doctors here go through some trainings bfor practising in some countries,else,they function as nurses?
Here's my take;I noticed our leaders have subsistent mentality.We program to satisfy the primary needs of the citizens without thinking of influencing the world.We lack global impact mentality!Hardly will u see a biz plan dt has global coverage as a goal!My boutique is for my neighbourhood!Reason behind small biznesses;something dt can put food on my table till I get govt job!How do we break even?
When will there we a fish farm dt has well paid 100'000 workers?When do we draft a plan to control global oil market-cos we explore and refine in excess!When do we have automobile village dt has over 150'000 workers:working and well paid with products everywhere?!What we call skill acquisition are what a normal human being shud do!Painting,barbing,laundry,maison,furniture making..at least to some extent!We won't grow GDP this way!
My emphasy;we need a drive in our minds dt has global perspective,this will birth big structures,then there will be demand for more knowledge,education will step in to meet those demands,more jobs,better economy... If not,a civil engineer will waste in d bank.Make power available,Nigeria will use it for barbing business..
Thanks bro..Great job

thanks for your comment. The reason why lecturers who studied abroad couldn't revolutionize the education system here is because the funds for qualitative education is lacking as well as the political will of the government to provide qualitative education. They couldn't beat them(the poor educational system), so they joined the

To graduate as a medical doctor in Nig, much practical training is required, though they dont get it all, what they have is sufficient to manage out hospitals. They do lot more that prescribing anit-malaria, else let advocate the closure of our hospitals.

Going global means embracing education as well as technology.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Hmmmmmmm, really big grammars as the lady rightly stated, but thank God I'm able to understand them. OP (don't know d full meaning of that yet), I completely agree with u. U were particularly mentioning agriculture which z my field. It's annoying to know that we haven't thought of Biotechnology as a way of improving our agriculture.... Infact, comparing most of d foreign books on Biotechnology I've read after my graduation, I found out most of our lecturers ain't even in sync with current biotech processes. My question now is, what z d way out for those already out of school because as someone said we can't go back there to learn the same archaic stuffs, n even if government creates policies, we'll still need expatriates cos d graduates ain't enlightened enough to know what needs to be done

Thanks, it is not easy trying to retrain the underschooled graduates, it is easier to focus on those still on campuses. I believe if we get our educational system right, those already out of school will find a way to fit in.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2016
That's a BIG "IF" u got there. ........ But if I may ask, what r d realistic job creation strategies that these underschooled graduates can get involved in, considering their predicament

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 2:26pm On May 03, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
That's a BIG "IF" u got there. ........ But if I may ask, what r d realistic job creation strategies that these underschooled graduates can get involved in, considering their predicament

This is a difficult task, I believe the undergraduates should first be properly trained. Underschooled graduates will eventually find their place
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:32pm On May 03, 2016
oneolajire:

This is a difficult task, I believe the undergraduates should first be properly trained. Underschooled graduates will eventually find their place

We still got a long way to go as a nation then....... N d bright future ain't as close as we believe t should b
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

We still got a long way to go as a nation then....... N d bright future ain't as close as we believe t should b

That is just the fact. May God help NigeriA
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by solutionsnow: 9:45am On May 12, 2016
Surest solution, hard way indeed but it is still the best way out of unemployment. Good job OP
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Ademat7(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2016
exceptional write up

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 7:26am On May 14, 2016
Ademat7:
exceptional write up

thanks I appreciate. You got my points
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by solutionsnow: 9:09am On May 20, 2016
oneolajire:

thanks for your comment. The reason why lecturers who studied abroad couldn't revolutionize the education system here is because the funds for qualitative education is lacking as well as the political will of the government to provide qualitative education. They couldn't beat them(the poor educational system), so they joined the

To graduate as a medical doctor in Nig, much practical training is required, though they dont get it all, what they have is sufficient to manage out hospitals. They do lot more that prescribing anit-malaria, else let advocate the closure of our hospitals.

Going global means embracing education as well as technology.

fact
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2016
solutionsnow:
Surest solution, hard way indeed but it is still the best way out of unemployment. Good job OP

yes, Nigeria needs the hard way
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by solutionsnow: 8:35am On May 30, 2016
Ademat7:
exceptional write up
exceptional indeed

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2016
solutionsnow:

exceptional indeed

Yes ooo
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2016
It now recession in Nigeria, most jobs can't generate forex for us cos we have avoided creation of sophisticated technology for local production of goods and services that can compete favourably with foreign ones.

We need modern skills not primitive ones
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 6:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Nice points there Heijay...

Thinking big and going global rather than meeting just the immediate needs of one's locality is definitely the way forward, thumbs up!! grin

Yea, thinking global is it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landmark University Salary Scale / President Buhari Bows To Pressure, Relaunch Jonathan’s Youwin Programme / Administrative Assistant OR Office Manager: LIST OF LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.