Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag (1131 Views)

Marriage ⚭ In Islam : Importance Of Husband And Wife, Romance, Sex,etc / "My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag by tunde82seidat(f): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
House pls Is physical attraction important for a successful marriage?
Re: Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag by Newnas(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
tunde82seidat:
House pls Is physical attraction important for a successful marriage?

Of course it is, if not the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam wouldn't have asked us to look at the woman we intend to marry.

From Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you proposes marriage to a woman, if he can look at her to see that which will encourage him to go ahead and marry her, then let him do so.’ I proposed marriage to a young woman, and I used to hide where I could see her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.’” According to another report he said, ‘a young woman of Bani Salamah. I used to hide from her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.” ( Saheeh Abi Dawood , no. 1832, 1834)

From al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah: “I proposed marriage to a woman, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Have you seen her?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Look at her, because it is more fitting that love and compatibility be established between you.’” According to another report: “So he did that, and he married her and mentioned that they got along.” (Reported by al-Daaraqutni, 3/252 (31, 32); Ibn Maajah, 1/574)

From Sahl ibn Sa’d (may Allaah be pleased with him): “A woman came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I have come to give myself to you (in marriage).” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) looked at her closely, then he lowered his head. When the woman saw that he had not made a decision about her, she sat down. One of his Companions stood up and said, O Messenger of Allaah, if you do not want her, then marry her to me…’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 7/19; Muslim, 4/143; al-Nisaa’i, 6/113)

But it is important to note that the most important thing to look out for is the knowledge, understanding and practice of the religion.

This hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4802) and Muslim (1466) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”

If that is present, then other factors that the person loves should be considered such as physical beauty which includes the face, complexion and other feminine features.

You don't need to be sympathetic to the extent that you 'manage' the marriage even if the woman/man doesn't impress you in their physical attributes, one man's food is another man's poison.

Many men for instance love fair complexion but me, if given the chance will prefer an ebony cool

I have friends who are not sensitive about complexion or even facial beauty, the only thing that they are interested in is the fatty features cool.

Our Ustadh told us the story of a brother who was in need of a wife, many women were presented to him but he refused all. Later people were frustrated and asked him; why are you rejecting all the women, what is your problem?!

The man replied; I want a woman that if I hug her my hands won't encompass her!!!

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 74:
وَالَّذِينَ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun" (pious - see V. 2:2 and the footnote of V. 3:164)."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

2 Likes

Re: Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag by tunde82seidat(f): 8:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Thank u so much for ds piece. It definately answered my question, for a long time I tot I was feeble considering attraction. Jazakumlai khyran
Re: Re;marriage In Islam - Is Physical Attraction Important For A Successful Marriag by Newnas(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
tunde82seidat:
Thank u so much for ds piece. It definately answered my question, for a long time I tot I was feeble considering attraction. Jazakumlai khyran

Aameen wa iyyaak.

AlhamduliLlah

(1) (Reply)

Gani Buried In Golden Casket! / Sir Elton John And Islam / The Prophet Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.