Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114334 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Adasun:
keep firing solo. I dey ur backcheesy cheesy
°°°°naxo, bro....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nice one boss. I wonder what that book has to do with all of this sef. I'm sure we'd know in subsequent updates. Oga Solo, that was the same book that Ellen was holding so how come its now with Lucien. Ellen is in the forbidden lands and there is no way Lucien's men can get in there so how come. Or are there two of that book ni.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Tobadein(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oladim001:
Oga Solo, that was the same book that Ellen was holding so how come its now with Lucien. Ellen is in the forbidden lands and there is no way Lucien's men can get in there so how come. Or are there two of that book ni.
#GBAM#...
This question should be answered asap Solomonbrown64...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by yusufibrahim(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Each time I read from this thread am always happy..... God Bless king Solomon more grace to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by ishmorgium(m): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...where was I..oh shit...and I didn't get a mention. Solomon, that's really not good. Anyway continue
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
CONTINUED
LUCIEN

The pages of the book was still strangely firm despite how long it has been kept in whatever hole it was taken from. I checked the book from cover to cover and discovered that it was a plain book, save for the title boldly written on the book. I opened the book and from the first sentence, I knew I had finally found a clue to what this whole destiny talk has been about. The first page talked about the ones who ruled this world then. They were complete in every way; from sorcery to wizardry, both men and women. I imagined how that era was going to be: having more people who had all the gifts in them. Giving such powers to different characters will surely bring about doom and I wasn’t surprised that from the next page, the writer focused on the evil deeds of the wielders of such amazing destinies. From the chaos, to the unwarranted slaughter and complete obliteration of towns and cities alike, it was a horrible time to be alive then.

I got a little tired of reading the details of the destruction of these men and women and moved over the pages till I arrived at when the writer began prophesying about another golden destiny that will follow in the chaotic nature of his ancestors. I stopped there and closed the book for the moment and reasoned through the last sentence I just read. If I were to interpret the prophecy word for word, it will mean that this golden destiny will come from the line of one of the many complete magical beings that I have just read about. That will mean that I wasn’t part of that line because I was created by my father, I wasn’t born the way I was like the hunter. Now, I am not even certain of how he got his powers but he was born with it, so it’s safe to assume that he might just be the flesh of this prophecy.

Now, I see the foolishness in allowing this man move out of my sight and control. It’s probably why the guardians wanted him at all cost, to prevent a certain prophecy from happening. I could have had the man in the first place if it wasn’t for the failure of that old wizard to carry out a simple task. Anyway, this is not the time to blame anyone; the good thing is that he is in safe hands and no one can get to him, not even me. I will take care of this matter later, for now I have a kingdom to bring to its knees.

CLAUDIA

I have been in my room for the past few days, mourning my Eric. I didn’t ask when exactly he died but it’s safe to assume he walked the path to the underworld before that snake came into this lands. I had this small hope at the back of my mind that he would one day find me and return to me but now it’s seems my prayers for him every morning has actually been for the peace of the dead. How could she, how could keep such a valuable information from me all these years. How could she look at me every day and not deem it fit to end whatever hope she could see in my eyes. How could she let me live in denial and then claim to be my fellow sister? She is not my sister and certainly an evil woman.

How could such a kind man like Eric end up with a woman as cold as this evil? He wanted vengeance despite my warnings, he left me miserable and now he neither got what he wanted nor did he marry me. He died from the hands of that tyrant and there is nothing I can do about it. How am I going to live with myself knowing that I have been more than a pain to every family I have been unfortunate to meet? I nearly ruined my family or I probably did and I think Eric and his mother would have still walk this earth if I never came across their path. I have been more of an ill luck than a lucky charm to anyone. I wish I had never been born.
I was crying and weeping, and soon I fell asleep in that same position for the third time in two days.

I woke up quite late and I couldn’t tell if it was night or morning. Someone was knocking furiously on my door and whoever it was ,wasn’t just disturbing me but the entire quarters. I screamed for the person to go away and when the voice threatened to bring down the door, I got to know it was the arrogant hunter. I reluctantly opened the door because I knew he would surely do what he said. I have lost count on the number of times he has knocked since I have locked myself in here; I knew sooner or later I will have to open the door to him. He walked in and quickly shut the door. He sniffed and cleaned his nose; I couldn’t blame him because I haven’t washed myself for the past three days now.

“How are you feeling now?” he asked after cleaning his nose the fourth time since he walked into the room. I ignored him and climbed into my bed. He sighed and said,

“Just how long will you continue like this? Eric chose his path and he failed in his desire to get justice. He left you for a personal resolve and here you are torturing yourself over his decision.”

“Do not speak ill of him, he was a better man than you will ever hope to be. At least he wasn’t sleeping with w.hores just a few days after the death of a loved one.” I expected him to leave the room in a rage after what I just said but instead he went further into my room. I heard him putting away the filthy water in the hole and replacing it with clean water after which he added some fragrance to the water. He came in and forcefully carried me to the wash hole. I fought against it vehemently but I was no match for his strength. He stripped me of my clothes and despite my pleas; he dragged me into the hole. He stripped to the cloth beneath his trouser and got into the water. I was crying and begging him to let me mourn in peace but he didn’t seem to listen, he just continued with what he was doing. He washed me thoroughly from the top of my hair to the toes of my feet. He didn’t seem to mind that I was naked in front of him and when he was done. He brought a thick cloth and covered me with it as I was shivering after the wash. He drained the hole once more and went out of the room to dispose the dirty water before bringing in new one. He took my smelly clothes and kept them in one part of the room before bringing in clean ones.

He gave them to me but I just turned my head away. I didn’t ask to be washed in the first place. He sighed once more before he carried me against my wish to the bed. He forcefully took the thick cloth from me before putting the new clothes on me. I noticed he didn’t look at some certain parts of my body while he dressed me. Why, do I have some effect on him? When he was done, he sat on the chair and faced me.
“What do you think of Ellen?” I was shocked by the question he just asked. How could he ask me of such a thing right now? Just how arrogant is this man?

“Get out of my room.” I screamed but like I thought, he didn’t.

“Be calm, beautiful and don’t look at me like that. I only ask that question because I do not believe in Ellen tales concerning her and your Eric.” That got my attention and so I asked,

“Why do you say that?”

“Her story of his death doesn’t make sense. It is very difficult to put down one gordond but she said she was able to put down three and if that were to be true, why would Lucien spare her life after she must have hurt his precious lovers?”

“So…..”

“I don’t think she was with Eric when he died but she might have known him. She used that to get to me and you. She wants us both for something, she wants me to be her sword of vengeance but the person she is doing that for is not Eric but somebody else.”

All I could do was stare at him and wonder whose words I would take for it – the hunter or the witch.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Oladim001:
Nice one boss. I wonder what that book has to do with all of this sef. I'm sure we'd know in subsequent updates. Oga Solo, that was the same book that Ellen was holding so how come its now with Lucien. Ellen is in the forbidden lands and there is no way Lucien's men can get in there so how come. Or are there two of that book ni.
... Lol.... Of course not. There are more than one copies of the book.
Cc... Tobadein....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
yusufibrahim:
Each time I read from this thread am always happy..... God Bless king Solomon more grace to ur elbow
.... I am flattered bro..... Will keep on doing my best....,
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
ishmorgium:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...where was I..oh shit...and I didn't get a mention. Solomon, that's really not good. Anyway continue
.... Osanoboa... See wetin anti-spam bot cause... Abeg no vex oh... I tagged most of you but the post got deleted and I got banned. Abeg, no put me for mind oh.... No be my fault....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by ishmorgium(m): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... Osanoboa... See wetin anti-spam bot cause... Abeg no vex oh... I tagged most of you but the post got deleted and I got banned. Abeg, no put me for mind oh.... No be my fault....
no problem Bro. I don dey here
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wow, this Kieran has sense oo, i didnt think to that extent at all oo. He'd better watch out with all this sleeping around that he is doing, it could backfire on him. Anna should watch her back oo. If Kieran can find out she's the one, it wont be funny oo. And i really want to know how strong the other king is. Lucien is sounding too overconfident and its not a good sign for him. And i know something will still happen that will make Kieran kickstart his revenge. Yet another wonderful update from the OP am loving this.

2 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ultimategeneral: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
next pls

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kai! Eric hummm! Kieran is indeed a wise hunter but start to feel that something is stringing the Unknown to Eric!

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by missuniverse(f): 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Eric...

hope its not what i'm thinking

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2016
missuniverse:
Eric...
hope its not what i'm thinking
O girl, pls share what you're thinking o... i want to think it too
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Lecturebidz(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2016
Oga solo nice work. Its getting more interesting by the day.....

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Taduma1(f): 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Eric still dey alive,umm arm akimbo ... Finger cross... Seems Lucien trust Anna to be a white sister, but as i dey c am so , Anna or mother get cockroach for her wardrobe ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by EbonyQueen001(f): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nice one Solomon... Bottling my thoughts, I will comment later. Your structuring is becoming better and better. Thumbs up. I await more updates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Adasun(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
no 9it fud?cheesy
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Adasun:
no 9it fud?cheesy
. I wonder o
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
oga solo u beta update naw if u don't want me tu call Lucien tu strike u with just two thunder lightenen grin
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
oga solo u beta update naw if u don't want me tu call Lucien tu strike u with just two powerful lightening grin
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 2:05am On Jun 30, 2016
oga solo u beta update naw if u don't want me tu call Lucien tu strike u with just two t powerful lightening grin

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 6:48am On Jun 30, 2016
Solomonbrown64 you owe us double no triple updates today oo. What happened yesterday na.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
CHAPTER 11
A HASTY TURN
THE UNKNOWN

“My lord, there is a plague coming.” Ian, the general of my army said while trying to catch his breath.

“What parable do you speak of, Ian?”

“The full might of the south are heading towards this direction. We can’t stop those men; the numbers are not in our favor.”

“Do not speak on what we can and cannot do, that is for me to decide. Who leads this great army?”

“It’s the old wizard, Elphisius.”

“Alright, go and gather your men. No one leaves or enters the city. The walls must not be breached, defend it with your lives. Now, go.” The weak general left in a hurry.

The young king has finally decided to make his plans open. He wanted this and provoked me to get it. He has come to finish what his father started but what he is yet to know is that; this battle was his father’s last and it will ultimately be his last too. I left the courts and moved to my chambers as soldiers were busy gathering the able men they could find among the few in the land. The people might not have been preparing for a battle but I have always wanted this for a long time now. I dismissed the guards and closed my doors as I sought to summon one of my trusted few – Rachel.

LUCIEN

“Lucien, do not do this. Think over this thoroughly; do not start this war.” The old wizard pleaded.

“Do not start now, old man. I should have destroyed those ungrateful animals a long time ago. How could that waste of a king come after my subjects, not just any but the one who has gifts that rivals mine? That singular act of his has clearly stated his intentions; he wants my throne. I have been negligent enough to even allow such thoughts survive a day, I won’t watch him create another path to end my reign. He and his subjects will receive my full wrath. Get the legions ready, I want that kingdom and everything within it burnt to the ground. No one moves against me and lives, no one.” I screamed and the old man quickly got to work.

I have tolerated so much nonsense from him; I won’t listen to another of his warnings as they never hold water. My father might have died fighting this kingdom but that happened because he decided to put his trust in the wrong hands. The foolish old wizard, Melfisius is once again involved and now I know for certain he had a hand in the death of my father. I won’t let this bold move of his to end me go unpunished, I will makes sure he joins my father in the underworld. The wizard is the backbone of that old swine and killing him will break down his master’s resolve.

“Send for the gordands.” I ordered one of the guards in the court. They soon arrived in their usual dress.

“What does my king want of us?” Tasha, the leader of the deadly women asked.

“I have called for the legions to head north with Elphisius leading them. The men of steel and magic will destroy and plunder whatever they deem fit but I need four of you to go after the wizard, Melfisius. I want him in chains right here in my palace. I want to see his treacherous face again before I lead him through the path of pain. The remaining five of you will remain here. Pick among yourselves who will go after the wizard and who will stay. Do that quickly, time is of the essence.”

THE UNKNOWN

I called out to the darkness with a spell created by Melfisius, after covering every space light could enter the chambers. I waited patiently in the darkness I created for my summoning to be answered and it happened. I heard her voice behind me but I didn’t turn, I decided to go ahead with the discussion without turning back.

“The situation must be dire for you to have summoned me through this path. What is it, my king?”

“We have to move quickly, I didn’t expect the young king to send more than half of his army. I am at the disadvantage in all things save for you and our work. Melfisius is presently useless but he might yet be useful as time goes on but for now, we must hurry.”

“So, what do you propose?” “You know it already, I need a diversion. Something that will halt the bringers of death to my kingdom and the only way is whom I have asked you to watch. Have you planted the seed of discord within them?”

“Yes, I have. The mother guardian is focused on what has no bearings while the man is torn between trusts and words.”

“Good, very good; It’s therefore time for you to make that seed a tree and allow the broken man fulfill the prophecy. Reveal the truth to him this time and I will take it from there. You have to be quick about it; we have only until night fall tomorrow. Do not fail me now, my dear.”

“I will die in service to my king, I won’t fail you.”
With that, she left through the darkness she came while I walked to the windows and pulled the curtains aside for the light to chase away it’ss eternal enemy. I watched as the soldiers guided the people to a safe tower but that won’t save them from the might and wrath of the young king. Only one man has the power to stop this; the one with the broken destiny.

...... Sorry about yesterday guys, something came up. I will update today again if I get the chance.
Anyway, I just noticed that it's been two months since I started this story and it feels as if I am still introducing everything. Well, that stops now. I will speed up updates and that should see the story end in about two weeks from now.
.. The last wolf: the path of discovery publication is around the corner, I hope you are all ready to do the 'needful' lol... Enjoy this update though...

9 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Oladim001:
Solomonbrown64 you owe us double no triple updates today oo. What happened yesterday na.
.. Lol... I will do the needful...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
babydecency2:
. I wonder o
.... Lunch has been served, dear.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by yusufibrahim(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
waiting for another bosss........... Nice job may God bless u
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks for the update and we will enjoy this while waiting for dinner.
And am watching out for the last wolf.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Eniola7(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks for the update boss........still glue to my phone for dinner
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jupitre(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
uncle solomon..i don't like it o..your updates aren't complete again..why now..9ce one tho..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by elprokez(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
Its been a great while Mr. Brown. I have been following your plot for this story and I must say its impressive. However, the delays in updates have killed the novelty of this story. Nevertheless, you are a creative writer.

The story treatment and description of the several characters in this book have been below par in comparison to the Last Wolf Series.
I guess you have a reason for that.

Anyways, waiting for your next update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.