Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,993 members, 7,852,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

Stay Sanctified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stay Sanctified (291 Views)

Hebrew 2:11 Who Is The One Santifying And Who Are Those Sanctified? / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(01/10/2017) The Sanctified Life / Dedicated Sanctified Chat Group For Heavenly Conscious Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stay Sanctified by yommyuk: 6:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Many people hold an unbiblical view of sainthood. Their idea of a saint is one who has led such a model life that he or she is adored by the church, but God’s Word presents quite a different picture. The Corinthian church struggled with all sorts of ungodly behaviours, yet Paul describes them as “those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling” (1 Cor. 1:2).

SANCTIFY means to set apart from common use to a sacred use. Throughout the Bible, the Lord has sanctified days (such as the Sabbath), places (the tabernacle), things (the ark of the covenant), and people. A saint is simply a person whom God has set apart for His purposes. This means that every believer is a saint.

Before you were saved, your position relative to God was one of enmity (Rom. 5:10). But the moment you trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, the Lord changed your position and set you apart for Himself. You were born again and are now His child. He forgave your sins and declared you righteous. A saint is not a perfect person but one who is in a right relationship with the heavenly Father. Although our position of sanctification is not based on good behaviour, the Lord expects us to live in a manner that honours Him.

Just think—God set you apart for a sacred purpose. That means you are here, not to live as you please but to bring glory to Him. He calls us to live according to our new position in Christ. When we accept this responsibility of sainthood with gratitude, we bring joy to the Father’s heart.

2 Timothy 2:21
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Pentecostal Christian Leads Effort To Impeach Brazilian President / Leadership By Example / Christ In The Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.