Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday (837 Views)

How Davido And/or His Boys "Unintentionally" Murdered Tagbo. / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by kilokeys(m): 9:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Ill be brief..

I entered a cab on a cool sunday morning, heading to church. I was listening to the choir ministration and scoring my musical part. I forgot my guitar in the trunk of the cab i entered. Kimbra.. My 3rd guitar.. Not now..

I started hunting from Sunday evening...
Went to the unions, saw 3 chairmen , met all sorts.. My God. Announced it on wazobia fm through the help of a friend and brother, Oche d King.
I finally found the guitar this morning in the trunk of Murphy..
I got to meet murphy through Johnson through Godspower through moses through one-handed guy.

I spent an average of 16 hrs with them over 5 days.. And i made some observations..

1. They arent all criminals
2. They have pple they care about.. Johnson calls his mum more than i do mine.
3. They have a wicked sense of humor.. "aahhh, iya laya baba e" .. Cussing the grandmother of a guy's father".. And its taken lightly.
4. Some are skilled drivers, artisans and traders with bad experiences. Murphy drives his brother's cab, barely makes extra for himself, Johnson lost 300k to a hired purchased deal gone sour, for example.
5. Some want to change careers and make themselves better.. Moses left me at the bus stop to go write Maths , waec yesterday morning.
6. Street life is dangerous... They barely make much. An average of 1k per day. They still settle the boss and feed with the remnant.
7. They could get desperate and go into crime. Most are in it already. If the country had plans and effective programs, i am convinced an average Nigerian would want a decent, peaceful life.
A wake up call..

If we were asked to throw our problems to make a pile..
When u see some pple's problem, u would gently pick yours and walk away gladly.

These guys made it happen.. I will never forget what they all did. Ill do the little i can.. You should too.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Yes its true. Most of those street urchins are down to heart good. I once got jumped on my way home by a street thug. Most of the street thugs in my area are my friends because I do give them stuffs a lot. I went to one of them and he assured me I was goina get my stuffs bk. Apparently the guy that jumped me was new in the area. He was eventually dealt with
Re: How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2016
not every person with the 'bad personality' is bad they are just using it as camouflage. God said dont judge anyone do u think he is a fool to say that?
Re: How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by 0955eb027(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Yoruba pple will say "omo buruku ni ojo tie"

1 Like

Re: How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 23, 2016
walai, those goons for street make brain die. most of them are humble, and if them like you ehn, they go carry your matter for their head like their dada..

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Helped By The Goons I unintentionally snob everyday by DarkRed(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Yea...let's not also forget to constantly commit them in our prayers for God to help them with their weaknesses as He deals with ours, too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month Nairalanders. In This New Month, May .........? / OMG. See The Giant Snake A Nairalander Killed On A Sunday Morning!! Photos / Lets See Those Who Would Understand This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.