Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth (6863 Views)

How Do I Use Raw Starch On My Clothes? / PHOTOS: Ghana Must Go Boxers For Guys / Rate This My Picture And The Tailor That Sewed the cloth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by xtopmanutd(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good evening friends. I love starched shirts and how it look on guys wearing them. My problem is that whenever I add starch to my shirt (especially colored cloths), I will notice that there are white spots on them when they dry. Please what method do you use when adding starch to your cloth and what type of starch do you make use of? I use renew cold water starch. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Tallesty1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Use spray

2 Likes

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Stanleywaxy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oh ... That always happens when you use renew starch ... I'll advice you to stop using it and go for bottled ones (plastic bottles) . I use E-Press and it's really nice . Not sure if you'll see it around your locality cos I stay in Portharcourt and i don't find it hard to get here . It costs #350 only . Any other bottled starch can do ,not just E-Press ... Thank me later .
I can show you the pictures if you need them too.

3 Likes

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by grevotech(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Allow your renew starch to dissolve properly inside the water before you dip your clothes in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by dulux07(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
Allow it dissolve properly, by leaving it in water for few minutes
Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by louisdemaria(m): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Oh ... That always happens when you use renew starch ... I'll advice you to stop using it and go for bottled ones (plastic bottles) . I use E-Press and it's really nice . Not sure if you'll see it around your locality cos I stay in Portharcourt and i don't find it hard to get here . It costs #350 only . Any other bottled starch can do ,not just E-Press ... Thank me later .
I can show you the pictures if you need them too.
I concur
Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Stanleywaxy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
louisdemaria:
I concur
cheesy Yea Man
Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by xtopmanutd(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Thanks all. I always leave it for long in water but at the end you still see the white spots. For spray starct, that it what I was using before I switched to renew. Apart from it being costly, it doesn't last and it doesn't also give stiffness like renew.

1 Like

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by cokacoola(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
xtopmanutd:
Thanks all. I always leave it for long in water but at the end you still see the white spots. For spray starct, that it what I was using before I switched to renew. Apart from it being costly, it doesn't last and it doesn't also give stiffness like renew.
when you pour the starch into water, stir with your hands till its start bringing out bubble like soup and check your hands for those small piece, stir still you no longer see them on your hands or better still, Buy EASY ON @500 and spray while ironing

2 Likes

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Mix with a cup of hot water
..then pour into ur bucket of cold water n leave for 25mins, then stir...finish

1 Like

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by lonelyisland(m): 2:23am On Apr 24, 2016
BADNEAT:
Mix with a cup of hot water
..then pour into ur bucket of cold water n leave for 25mins, then stir...finish
25mins?? And mister we are talking about cold water starch here not hot water starch
Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
lonelyisland:

25mins?? And mister we are talking about cold water starch here not hot water starch
take the solution or leave it.

1 Like

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Obalimhilary(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2018
E-press is available in Lagos for those that care. you can hit me up on 08038655067 for both retail and whole sale
Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by chymar: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Go and make use of Easy Drop cold water starch and thank me later. It solved both the problem of white spot stains, starches evenly and very well, and is cheaper than all the starch currently in the market. Goes for #20 only, while a pack of 10 sachets is #200. Look below for the pix. If it's not yet in your area, let me know.

Re: For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth by Luckydubby7(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2020
chymar:
Go and make use of Easy Drop cold water starch and thank me later. It solved both the problem of white spot stains, starches evenly and very well, and is cheaper than all the starch currently in the market. Goes for #20 only, while a pack of 10 sachets is #200. Look below for the pix. If it's not yet in your area, let me know.
. I would like to get this

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Next Top Model Finalist / 16 Most Expensive Shoes In The World. / Slay Queen Strips Completely N*ked On Instagram For Likes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.