Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! (1853 Views)

So Sad!! Jumia Staff Dies On The Job / Food For Thought: A Tale Of 2 Applicants / I Am So Very Sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by snooping(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2009
??
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
OMG I wish I could help. cry cry
who can help please??

OP please pray more as well!!
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by canuck(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2009
This is a sad tale indeed. As a fellow Akokite, I would have given you a chance, at least, if I was still in Nigeria.

It may not be as effective, but I will see who I can link you up with for a job. I suppose you're in Lagos.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by bechex(m): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
Hey my guy, I read ur story and I was really touched. As a fellow Akokite, I would like to ask some questions  and also offer some advice.
You have been out of school since 2003,  apart from the Unilag B.sc, d job with d airport guy (u did not mention what u did while there), and d visa processing,  u did not mention which other skills or qualifications u have or are working on acquiring. It would be good if u mention this so that people who read this post will be able to assist if they are aware of any roles that relate to those skills or qualities.

I have also noticed from your post that u seem to have lost all hope in getting a job without d assistance of someone. I would like to encourage u brother that we still have a lot of companies in Nigeria that are ethical and have good corporate governance practices. I am talking of Big companies like Banks, Telecomms etc that would employ u only on merit and not on recommendation. I am saying this with confidence because its my own personal experience ok. I have worked for a Bank and currently work with a Telecomms company and I never knew any insider in any of this two coys when I got d Jobs. I just applied online and went thru d  recruitment process, and just like U, I finished with a 2:2 from d same Faculty in Unilag. so please do not give up and keep applying ok ur breakthrough is just around d corner

I wish u all d best.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2009
na waoooo embarassed cry

Same as my cousin!! Got no job for the past 7 yrs, also from UNILAG shocked cry
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by ChiefS(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2009
Don't give up.Keep making concerted efforts.At God's time you will get something better.You should also getting teaching jobs with some private schools to keep body and soul together while searching for a bigger job.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Basildon1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2009
Dont lose hope, it gets really tough before good, one day, all of this will be memories(Amen)

The only thing that pisses me off which no1 has picked on is how you could have the courage to have a baby in your condition, do you want the baby to suffer the way you are suffering now, WHILE i wish you luck, R U SURE U HAV REAL FOCUS? you should have been more careful angry
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by uzomaazu: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
I understand and I feel ur your sad story. Went and still going through similar challenges. I will see if I can help send a copy of your CV to uzomaazu@yahoo.co.uk. Starting a new company at its very early stages guaranteed to do well. In need of aggresive salespeople the basic is close to nothing but you are guaranteed to earn #250K if you hit target and more if you do above. Commision is completely uncapped you determine what you earn.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Ojurere(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
I must say am willing to help you Snoop but you need to send your CV to my email: taiwofunbi@yahoo.com am currently working in a reputable organisation a real estate firm but presently in PH but come to Lagos ocassionally.

Also on my own i help i run a conslutancy outfit, we help restructure CV, Cover Letters and Resume and i can assure you that when we are through with you you shall be our testimony.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by olugbenga4(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2009
snooping, the God almighty has reason for all his doing, just keep the faith, it is well with you, as i started this writing here what my spirit says, God decided to let the things be like this for you at early stage like this for you to enjoy life till the end of your life, calm down it is well with your soul and again he contines that, pray hard there are some family heritage that is affecting you but if you can pray well and tell your mother to join you, and do not try to offend your wife at all and a little you can afford let your child know when you have.

snooping, till next time, i will stop for now, but pray eeee, your future is bright give this statement and later you , will have something to show p\pple
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by snooping(m): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by yamakuza: 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
^ Have things changed?
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by azpekuliar: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2012
@OP, wonder why you removed the original story/post. I still remembered it, cause I read it in my final year as an Akokite. I ran a search on it this morning and it's disappeared.

(1) (Reply)

NTA TV College Admission Enquiry / 6 Awesome Apps That Would Boost Your Career Today / University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.