Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

4 Things NTEL Must Get Right - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right (1230 Views)

4 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Built-in Battery / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking / 4 Things To Do To Your Smartphone If Does Not Power On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Source: gsmcarecenter.com

The wait is over; ntel has been launched commercially (even though it still feels as though they have not). Joining in as the fifth telecom company means a lot of things but for the most art, it means no room for any lags. It also means ntel will have to steal the show or die on arrival.

On this post, I will share a few things I think ntel must get right or get the hell out. I may come off a bit too blunt but that’s the softest I can be with them basically because like most of you guys, I haven’t really been wowed by what how they have so far offered. The noise about being the first with VoLTE calls in Nigeria means nothing to me or to the ordinary guy in the street with an android phone and a need to stream his favorite show or hit download every now and then, if at the end of the day what they are offering is not available and affordable. So, dear ntel, get these right or get ready to be kicked out by the already big boys in the game. Here are my 5 survival commandments for ntel.

The Little things matter
Ntel needs to pay attention to details this time and take nothing for granted. Times have changed and the competition that buried your forefathers (NITEL MTEL) is even steeper now. Why am saying this?

I saw the beautiful ntel SIM but unfortunately it wasn’t even prepared in a detachable form for compatibility with phones with micro SIM slots. It’s not a big deal but it’s a big little deal for me and some other persons out there.
Your website looks like it was designed for kids.Okay, I get the concept (cus I’m a web developer), but what i find annoying with it is that it lacks the very details people go there for. It is not even interactive and the minimalist design is terrible for your level. It’s like an empty room; you rush in, look around, find nothing and run out. As a newbie, your visitors will have tons of questions for you. Work on including chat, FAQ, videos and whatever on that site. Get a blog or forum for discussion for it too.
Your Facebook page sucks! (and no apologies) Questions are left unanswered. Information is given without appropriate follow-up link. It is beginning to make you look like one of those government offices with ghost workers and unserious staff that don’t show up to the office till noon. You guys need to know the purpose of a having a Facebook page.

Customer care service
This is one huge let down with the other big boys in the Nigeria telecom game and you(ntel) must make it one of your biggest advantages. Get this right and make a good name for yourself or suck at it too and see your expectations go into coma. So far, I can say you have less than zero customer care service but the time is still there for you to change that rating. Hey ntel! Where are your offices or service outlets? You imagine Nigerians have the patience to put up with anything you bring, right?

The thing is I am convinced you guys are not ready to take over anything. You come up with just a single location for SIM registration and collection in an entire state. I call that madness! No service centers or outlets, no nothing but a website with colours.

Be the Messiah
The belief was that ntel was the messiah network that would save us from these other foreign ripoff companies, but alas the belief is almost shamefully put to rest with the current direction of things. Yes, I know the prices of 4G/LTE plans are a bit higher than 3G services everywhere else in the world, but this is Nigeria where the wailing has not been about slow internet connection but high tariff plans. Don’t come and offer me 1 GB at N3000 with 3 days validity and tag it ‘Bumper Offer’ and just expect me to just drop my GLO SIM in the name of LTE. A very few big boys will go with this but unfortunately my country does not have that many big boys. Spicing the speed of 4G/LTE connectivity with affordability will work better than this 52 MB per second at an outrageous price. Work on your tariff plans and do it asap. The only win-win strategy I can think of right now is not keep singing LTE Advanced Network but to nurture and realize the general belief held by many that ntel is our own very network that is here to serve and meet all our GSM needs(like a messiah)

Be The Game Changer…
Nothing short of that and introducing 4G/LTE is simply not enough if you(ntel) will still join the current ripoff train of operators. The dumbest thing for me or anyone to do would be to go through the pain of getting your SIM only in the name of 4G. Just bring more to the table and stop this impression of being some Internet Service Provider. The noise has just been about providing 4G/LTE advanced network (and in only three major cities in Nigeria) but what ’sup with voice calls? When I get an ntel SIM, should I get a modem to go with it? How long will this 4G/LTE song last? What happens when the other operators starts offering 4G? What becomes your selling point? I need two good reasons why I should port over. You guys need to get yourself some style and stop acting like some secret cult organisation. Give answers to questions and solve problems to gain respect. If you are coming out, come out in full and your best form or remain hidden. Nobody is ready to show you any solidarity.

Look, I know a couple of you guys will think I have a thing against ntel but I DON’T. I just feel they should have hit the ground running, not barely crawling. They have the advantage of late entry and also learning from there predecessors. They obviously don’t deserve any newbie treatments. What’s your thoughts on this?

www.gsmcarecenter.com

You May Also Like:

7 Important Tips for Buying a Used Smartphone
5 Ways to Improve Your Life With Your Smartphone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by yimikaa: 6:25am On Apr 23, 2016
Free advice
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by pangea2: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2016
Ntel is like APC
They both were chanting CHANGE!
Now that they are here, we are discovering we have been scammed! angry
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by encryptjay(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Nice one OP, you spoke without mincing words.
I don't know why they didn't give their website to competent hands to manage. It looks like a site where someone is using to practice his HTML skills.
They need to be serious cos the competition is tight.
The three days plan is poo; they need to drop attractive plans.

I really hope they start getting things right.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by prinsam30: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2016
Stubborn Flies Follows A Dead Body Into The Grave
they won't last in this game, just watch out
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2016
Nice one op. Like I've already said before, with this their approach I don't see them being the messiah. I'll be surprised if they can cover 15 States before going down. Maybe it is too early to say this but what we have seen so far shows these people don't mean business. From a shitty website to poor twitter and Facebook and people queuing for 4 hours just tobget their some card, plus it supports only 4g phones, and looks like they don't give a Bleep about voice calls..

Their plans are also questionable. For someone like me I'll gladly take the 9k monthly for unlimited, but majority out there are not heavy users. There are people that just want to use 3gb for the while month ...no love for such people? Majority out there can't afford to spend more than 2k per month on data and they expect to subscribe to their shitry 3 days plan? Wtf. They should review their plans so it favors everynone and not just the heavy users.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by musicwriter(m): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2016
From what I can see, the company is not very prepared. If they wanted to start off in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, they should have worked out their agents and have hundreds of collection centers. As I speak, I want to buy their SIM, but it's a long journey to their nearest Lagos agent, I don't even know if it's available there. Their SIM should have flooded Lagos by now!.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 23, 2016
musicwriter:
From what I can see, the company is not very prepared. If they wanted to start off in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, they should have worked out their agents and have hundreds of collection centers. As I speak, I want to buy their SIM, but it's a long journey to their nearest Lagos agent, I don't even know if it's available there. Their SIM should have flooded Lagos by now!.

U better don't waste ur time. They don't have agents in Lagos yet, unless u like going for a goose chase. All the Lagos locations given are fake, addresses don't exist.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by dustmalik: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2016
greenhulk:
Nice one op. Like I've already said before, with this their approach I don't see them being the messiah. I'll be surprised if they can cover 15 States before going down. Maybe it is too early to say this but what we have seen so far shows these people don't mean business. From a shitty website to poor twitter and Facebook and people queuing for 4 hours just tobget their some card, plus it supports only 4g phones, and looks like they don't give a Bleep about voice calls..

Their plans are also questionable. For someone like me I'll gladly take the 9k monthly for unlimited, but majority out there are not heavy users. There are people that just want to use 3gb for the while month ...no love for such people? Majority out there can't afford to spend more than 2k per month on data and they expect to subscribe to their shitry 3 days plan? Wtf. They should review their plans so it favors everynone and not just the heavy users.
The emboldened got me thinking. If I understand the implementation of LTE correctly, voice calls can't be made over an LTE network unless the network supports VoLTE. Also, the devices, from end to end, need to support it. That is why when you try to make a call on networks that have LTE, 3G and 2G support, the network is automatically switched to either 2G or 3G. That is, if the network or device don't support VoLTE.

Now, given that ntel doesn't support 3G and 2G, I guess only those with VoLTE devices will be able to make calls. I might be wrong though, so I stand to be corrected.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by anetuno(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
When I read their body language, I know that network is doomed to fail. If they truly want to serve Nigerians who are dissatisfied with what they are getting from the other competitors and remain in business then they must have to restrategise and come down to earth where we are.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by Youpele52: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nuff said.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by COMPAQ(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Personally I think they are dead on arrival. If this is how they intend to start in a business where they are a very late entrant, then it's all over before or has even begun.

Come to think of it though, I wonder if this commercial operations is just a smoke screen! It could be they bought nitel just to get access to physical landed properties, of which nitel has plenty juicy one's across the country.
Re: 4 Things NTEL Must Get Right by ican2020: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ntel better up there game by rolling out modems and look into their prices also

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Update My Nokia E63 / Glo Data Multiple Subscription Does Not Work / International Destination Bundles..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.