Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc (2683 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by RSA(m): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2009
Following a final venue inspection tour, Fifa has today confirmed the cities which will host the Fifa Under-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009.
The cities are as follows: Abuja, Bauchi, Calabar, Enugu, Ijebu-Ode, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos. Warri has been excluded from use during the competition.

“I was pleased to see that the venues have made significant progress since my last visit in May. They now meet the basic stadium infrastructure requirements of Fifa and thus can be confirmed for the competition,” said Jack Warner, Fifa vice-president and chairman of the Fifa organising committee for the U17 World Cup.

“What impressed me even more than the infrastructural improvements was the passion and the commitment the people of Nigeria have shown. I congratulate the federal government and the state authorities, the local organising committee as well as the communities in the cities for what they have achieved.

The legacy which was created will last far beyond the upcoming tournament. I am therefore proud to say that Nigeria is ready to host the Fifa U17 World Cup.”

A few of the venues need some additional work which Fifa has approved and has agreed to monitor over the next few days.

With regards to Warri, Warner added: “Despite special efforts by Fifa to provide additional time, advice and opportunities to raise the quality of the facilities to a level that would meet the requirements of hosting matches of the Fifa U17 World Cup, the delivery had fallen far below the necessary level.
http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?headline=Fifa%20announces%20venues%20for%20U17%20WC&id=310985
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Phony200(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2009
I fear for the Warri venue. . . God dey, common sense sef dey.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by jibosqie(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
Fear of Militants no make dem pass WARRI fit to hold matches grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by ichommy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2009
Fear of Militants wahalaoooooooooo shocked shocked shocked

[url][/url]www.moneypumpingmachine.com
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Timsilver(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yes o! Fear of militants no go fit make fifa approve warri stadium.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by PurestBoy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
The fear of the militant is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by onyengbu1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
So you people are expecting the guy to name militants as the reason why they are not going for warri?

They will not say it like that naa, the man put it the best way that will be less sensititive to warri people.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Phony200(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
Diplomacy and shrouding the true reason in a lot of english bullisht.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by chi101: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
Did I see Bauchi, Kaduna and Kano, ? Even after the recent Boko Haram incident? cry
I am sure even Jack Warner will not even step into those states, I seriously dont think it is safe o! At least not yet
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by mykali(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
chi101:

Did I see Bauchi, Kaduna and Kano, ? Even after the recent Boko Haram incident? cry
I am sure even Jack Warner will not even step into those states, I seriously dont think it is safe o! At least not yet

i wanted to say same. . . . but it looks like things have calmed down. . . .a little undecided
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by octar6: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
yes oh.but the militants in the niger delta are 100times better then the stupied boko haram islamist.abi watin una think? undecided cool shocked
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
if the exclusion of Warri was all about fear of militants then i wonder what informed the choice of Bauchi. Boko Haram perhaps?
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by oge4real(f): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2009
It is a pity for Warri, despite the effort made by the state Government.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by shoboy9: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
If bauchi qualified and warri didn't what are the standards fifa employed in deciding what the venues will be?
I hope fifa isn't playing politics with the world cup. Perhaps they'll make the standards public, so as not to further aggravate ethnic tensions.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by safariman(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2009
Does anybody have pictures of the stadiums picked? I think we all have seen the Abuja stadium
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by chic2pimp(m): 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
safariman:

Does anybody have pictures of the stadiums picked? I think we all have seen the Abuja stadium
the others are not as good as abuja's as y'all should know cool cool cool
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by denony(m): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
The earlier the better

Let us not destroy our image globaly
as they have already take us to be

the fear of Warri the safety of Nigeria Dignity
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by elnaf(m): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
Did I see Bauchi, Kaduna and Kano, ? Even after the recent Boko Haram incident?

OLODO ! WHY REMEMBRING DA PAST

if the exclusion of Warri was all about fear of militants then i wonder what informed the choice of Bauchi. Boko Haram perhaps?

SEE ANOTHER SENTEMENTAL OLODO PUNK ASS FOOL!
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by aAK1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
Which group are we and which countries are there? Its being shown now but i cant watch.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by canuck(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
Happy we made it at the nick of time.

I bet meeting the "basic stadium infrastructure requirements of FIFA" means Naija scored C- or D. Anyway, we thank God say we no Carry-Over sef!
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Nomswilli(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hi guys niger against germiny.Wat do u all tink

Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by honeric01(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
All the stadias are cool, Warri will host come another time, let them take heart.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by chyk91(m): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
militant wahala
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Alexorefo(m): 3:59am On Aug 08, 2009
Thank you FIFA
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by utotomi10(m): 4:04am On Aug 08, 2009
I think nigeria was placed in a tough group.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2009
Up FIFA
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by ndelta1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2009
I think IF the fear of MEND is the disapproval of Warri, then Boko Haram did not pose a security treat to the FIFA
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2009
davidylan:

Boko Haram attacking police officers not kidnapping innocent foreign workers for ransom money.
They difference is profound; if you and others don't see it stay blind.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by Nezan(m): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
we thank FIFA for givin us the hosting rights.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by jagwar: 12:35am On Aug 11, 2009
Very good!! I hope this will be a lesson to the Niger-Delta citizens that nothing good will come from allowing militants to operate freely in their states. They have the militants 2 blame for not hosting.

As for Boko haram, they'r just a bunch of disorganised illiterates. They shouldnt be a problem anymore.
Re: Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc by deb(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
up up fifa!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See this ATHLETE Pics "I Bet U Will Laugh" / A Man. Utd. Vs Liverpool Champion League Final. / Nigeria Vs Mali: African Nations Championship On 11 January 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.