Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,366 members, 7,954,484 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. (373 Views)

19rooms Hotel With All Asset Inside For Sale (picture) / The Surest Path To Financial Paradise Is Through The Lekki Free Trade Zone / Adron Homes & Properties, The Surest Way To Make Money In Real Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. by Fowobi(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
What is Facilities Management?
Why do I need to maintain my facilities?
How does FM assured Asset preservation.
These and many more are issues I will be discussing on this platform......stay tune.
Re: Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. by Fowobi(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2016
What is Facilities Management (FM)?
Before we can understand what is FM we need to know what a Facilities is. In a simple language ,a facility is an "asset" and when we talk about asset, a built environment comes readily to mind. A built environment majorly are buildings/properties built to serve a specific purpose. e.g factory, schools, residential houses, hotels, stadium and many more....For this discussion, lets say that Facilities are for economic reasons.

Facilities Management is the integration of multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon people and the workplace
In the definition above, key things to focus on are
1. integration of multi-disciplinary activities
2. impact of these activities upon;
a) People
b) the workplace i.e the environment
....to be continued.
Re: Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. by millhouse: 10:08am On May 02, 2016
K
Re: Facilities Management.. Surest Way To Preserve Your Asset. by Fowobi(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2016
In the definition above, key things to focus on are:

Integration of multi-disciplinary activities
By this we mean FM involve bending together activities of skillful professionals from different disciplines. E.g Engineering, Arch., Law, Estate mgt e.t.c to ensure functionality of the asset. Some of the activities are, operation and maintenance of asset, Lease Agreement, Asset recording and management, Financing, quality assurance , technology application and many more...... All these activities have impacts on the people and the built environment.

2. impact of these activities upon;
a) People
b) the workplace i.e the environment
....to be continued.
[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Four Bedroom Flat With Swimming Pool For Lease On Macdonald Ikoyi.. / Need Real Estate Website? / PLZ I NEED YOU GUYS HELP AND ADVICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.