Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? (4750 Views)

Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
I transferred some money to my cousin who uses to first bank account and he complained that he didn't see the money. I didnt bother to ask or rectify the fault but I sent him another and he said the money was received in his account.

On 20th, I transferred another money to someone who uses First Bank account and same thing happened again.

Please how do I rectify this kind of disappearance of funds between first bank and Gtb? angry angry angry
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
I am heading for their twitter handle right now.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by VickyRotex(f): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
But Op, Have you gone to the bank?
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Akkord4gov: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
VickyRotex:
But Op, Have you gone to the bank?

I think he has enough money. Dem try rubbish with me with just 5h when I was a student,i made sure the manager apologised and even gave me extra 1k

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by VickyRotex(f): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

I think he has enough money. Dem try rubbish with me with just 5h when I was a student,i made sure the manager apologised and even gave me extra 1k

Lol. Abi na.

Was wondering why he had to come post it on Nairaland, without going to the bank first.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by yomalex(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 11:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
VickyRotex:

Lol. Abi na.

Was wondering why he had to come post it on Nairaland, without going to the bank first.
does the bank work on Sunday? besides, people seem to get better response via social media than going offline these days cos some CC don't know jack about what they are doing. I will wait till monday morning
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by VickyRotex(f): 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
2sexycom:
does the bank work on Sunday? besides, people seem to get better response via social media than going offline these days cos some CC don't know jack about what they are doing. I will wait till monday morning

Last time I checked the calendar, 20th was last week Wednesday. Why dint you report the issue since then?

Anyways, try visit the bank tomorrow, if they don't solve the issue via Twitter.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

Last time I checked the calendar, 20th was last week Wednesday. Why dint you report the issue since then?

Anyways, try visit the bank tomorrow, if they don't solve the issue via Twitter.
the recipient just told me today, which is sunday.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by VickyRotex(f): 12:07am On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
the recipient just told me today, which is sunday.

Alright!
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
I transferred some money to my cousin who uses to first bank account and he complained that he didn't see the money. I didnt bother to ask or rectify the fault but I sent him another and he said the money was received in his account.

On 20th, I transferred another money to someone who uses First Bank account and same thing happened again.

Please how do I rectify this kind of disappearance of funds between first bank and Gtb? angry angry angry
Customer service works 24/7 you should have give them a call or send email. I mean to the initiating bank.

I had same issue (though with a different bank), I sent them a mail immediately cos I don't have money to waste calling their failed customer service that will keep playing useless music as if the call is toll-free or as if I called to listen to their dirty music.

They responded that their useless system is programmed to process Automatic reverser within 24hrs if the transfer wasn't successful. I waited patients and went and made a manual transfer since the person needs the money urgently.

After 24hrs+ I didn't receive my money and the beneficiary said he didn't receive it as well, I filed another report and asked them if it is not yet 24hrs by their failed system? That they should refund my money.

They sent me a message that my issue has been submitted to the appropriate department to investigate on it. That I will hear from them within date. Which I calculated and is up to 9 days plus the 24hrs that has passed making it 10 days.

I wrote back to them that they are joking, how can they hold my money for that long, if they knew how much that money generate for me in a day? Or are they going to be paying me interest? That am going published our conversations to the public to warn them about how terrible their services is. Wow!
I started receiving calls

The person that called me, told me that why it will take that long for the investigation is because various services need to be contacted and I ask her if the person contacting those services will be trekking from Sokoto to Lagos to Abuja etc to contact those services or the person need to go book flight to travel to various countries to contact those services that makes it take more than a day.
That I gave them 24hrs (to refund my money else the story will change) Starting from 7AM that day which they've already wasted some hours because it's already 11Am that same day and I hang up the call on her ear.

Around 2PM or so that same day, I received double alert. 1 for the service charge and...

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

Customer service works 24/7 you should have give them a call or send email. I mean to the initiating bank.

I had same issue (though with a different bank), I sent them a mail immediately cos I don't have money to waste calling their failed customer service that will keep playing useless music as if the call is toll-free or as if I called to listen to their dirty music.

They responded that their useless system is programmed to process Automatic reverser within 24hrs if the transfer wasn't successful. I waited patients and went and made a manual transfer since the person needs the money urgently.

After 24hrs+ I didn't receive my money and the beneficiary said he didn't receive it as well, I filed another report and asked them if it is not yet 24hrs by their failed system? That they should refund my money.

They sent me a message that my issue has been submitted to the appropriate department to investigate on it. That I will hear from them within date. Which I calculated and is up to 9 days plus the 24hrs that has passed making it 10 days.

I wrote back to them that they are joking, how can they hold my money for that long, if they knew how much that money generate for me in a day? Or are they going to be paying me interest? That am going published our conversations to the public to warn them about how terrible their services is. Wow!
I started receiving calls

The person that called me, told me that why it will take that long for the investigation is because various services need to be contacted and I ask her if the person contacting those services will be trekking from Sokoto to Lagos to Abuja etc to contact those services or the person need to go book flight to travel to various countries to contact those services that makes it take more than a day.
That I gave them 24hrs (to refund my money else the story will change) Starting from 7AM that day which they've already wasted some hours because it's already 11Am that same day and I hang up the call on her ear.

Around 2PM or so that same day, I received double alert. 1 for the service charge and...
My brother, the money matter tire me. GTB has responded. It remain first bank.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
My brother, the money matter tire me. GTB has responded. It remain first bank.
I don't think you read my story very well. If you're sending from GTB (GTB is the initiating bank) You don't need First bank reply.

Your money is with GTB.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

I don't think you read my story very well. If you're sending from GTB (GTB is the initiating bank) You don't need First bank reply.

Your money is with GTB.
okay bro.Thanks for your time. They are working on it.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

Your money is with GTB.
bro, I was just informed now by GTB that the transaction was successful and that I should contact the bank of beneficiaries which is first bank.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by austine4real(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
First banj is a fraud. Charging customer N200 per month nawa o
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
bro, I was just informed now by GTB that the transaction was successful and that I should contact the bank of beneficiaries which is first bank.
Your brother is to contact his bank if GTB is saying the truth.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

yeah... first bank has just replied my email stating that the 2 beneficiaries should contact them directly.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

my brother has an email. But the other person does not have an email address and is in school where first bank does not exist. Can a new email be created for this purpose so that first bank can be contacted?
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
my brother has an email. But the other person does not have an email address and is in school where first bank does not exist. Can a new email be created for this purpose so that first bank can be contacted?
Can you clarify me please. I thought you said you're the one that send money to your brother? So what brought about 2 beneficiary
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

Can you clarify me please. I thought you said you're the one that send money to your brother? So what brought about 2 beneficiary
I guess you didn't read my OP clearly.

I first sent to my bro and he complain that he didn't see the money. I didn't bother to pursue the issue but sent him another one. This was 29th of February

On 20th of this month, I sent money to another person and the person just told me yesterday that no money was found via ATM checked. And both are using First Bank.

So you get it now?
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
2sexycom:
I guess you didn't read my OP clearly.

I first sent to my bro and he complain that he didn't see the money. I didn't bother to pursue the issue but sent him another one. This was 29th of February

On 20th of this month, I sent money to another person and the person just told me yesterday that no money was found via ATM checked. And both are using First Bank.

So you get it now?
OK I got it. But seriously you tried to make a fund transfer and you were debited and the fund wasn't sent to the beneficiary since 29th February and you kept quite till now.

Like I said earlier if GTB claim the money was successfully transferred to your brothers account, is your brother that will contact his bank and not you expect you have a personal relationship with any first bank manager.

Can you contact the number on my signature? WhatsApp or Telegram only
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nsonaso:

OK I got it. But seriously you tried to make a fund transfer and you were debited and the fund wasn't sent to the beneficiary since 29th February and you kept quite till now.

Like I said earlier if GTB claim the money was successfully transferred to your brothers account, is your brother that will contact his bank and not you expect you have a personal relationship with any first bank manager.

Can you contact the number on my signature? WhatsApp or Telegram only
Yes, I have told both beneficiaries that they should contact their banks.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
2sexycom:
Yes, I have told both beneficiaries that they should contact their banks.
Any good news?
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nsonaso:

Any good news?
nothing concrete yet. They said it takes 48 hours to investigate issues like this. Hopefully by tomorrow, I should hear from them.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
2sexycom:
nothing concrete yet. They said it takes 48 hours to investigate issues like this. Hopefully by tomorrow, I should hear from them.
Hello how did it go?
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by 2sexycom(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nsonaso:

Hello how did it go?
oh... Thanks for the concern bro. One of the beneficiaries of the recent fund had to go to the bank and complain. I got a whatsapp message today that it has been resolved.
Re: Fraud Alert... First Bank VS Gtbank... Who Has My Money? by Nsonaso(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
2sexycom:
oh... Thanks for the concern bro. One of the beneficiaries of the recent fund had to go to the bank and complain. I got a whatsapp message today that it has been resolved.
Ok thats good news

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete / How Do I Register An Entertainment Company In Nigeria? / This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.