Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,040 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

07 Camry Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 07 Camry Gear (592 Views)

Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select / 07 Camry Bumper And Fender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

07 Camry Gear by Em13: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2016
Please I need help. I'm a lady and sick and tired of dubious people and mechanics. I recently bought a 07 camry only to notice the steering was light on the drive and stiff in reversing and doing right corners. And the car would go off if I put on the airconditioner at the initial start of the car . The car dealer said was because sensor was missing from the airconditioner unit .

He took the car and on return it seemed to be OK.

Then I was told steering pump needed to be serviced for the wheel issue. This seems to still be pending .

But to my coming here on the way home . The car started reving in a funny way till the car stopped. Summary the gear is bad.

I have not driven this car for 7 days cumulatively. He refuses to accept responsibility as according to him all was working at point of sale

I'm told its a 13 pin gear ..... I've been hearing all sorts of prices and presently on our way to ladipo.

Please what's the best way to handle this ....

Does the well issue spell an accidented car ?

Do I call police to arrest him ?

I'm tired !
Re: 07 Camry Gear by AutoJoshNG: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Em13:
Please I need help. I'm a lady and sick and tired of dubious people and mechanics. I recently bought a 07 camry only to notice the steering was light on the drive and stiff in reversing and doing right corners. And the car would go off if I put on the airconditioner at the initial start of the car . The car dealer said was because sensor was missing from the airconditioner unit .

He took the car and on return it seemed to be OK.

Then I was told steering pump needed to be serviced for the wheel issue. This seems to still be pending .

But to my coming here on the way home . The car started reving in a funny way till the car stopped. Summary the gear is bad.

I have not driven this car for 7 days cumulatively. He refuses to accept responsibility as according to him all was working at point of sale

I'm told its a 13 pin gear ..... I've been hearing all sorts of prices and presently on our way to ladipo.

Please what's the best way to handle this ....

Does the well issue spell an accidented car ?

Do I call police to arrest him ?

I'm tired !

Hello Em13,

Don't even think about calling the police. That will just waste your time and make you spend more money with no solution.

The car is most likely accidented or Nigerian used as some people package them as tokunbo. A VIN check is a must before you buy a car in Nigeria. You can post the VIN of the car here if you don't mind. You also need to check the import papers to ascertain when the car came into Nigeria.

Website: www.autojosh.com, Twitter: @AutoJoshNG, Facebook: Autojoshng and Instagram: autojoshng
Re: 07 Camry Gear by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Where is your location?

Never allow such a reckless stunt on your car without carrying out a scan first.
Mechanics are usually only loyal to their own pockets.

BTW, a critical socket might have been left not properly plugged when he worked on your car intentionally or otherwise. There are also other things to check for before throwing gearboxes in and out of a vehicle.

(1) (Reply)

Custom Duty For 2012 Kia Sportage / . / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.