Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills (1358 Views)

Exceptional Communication Skills Front Desk Officer Needed / How To Improve Interpersonal Skills To Get Your Desired Job / Effective Communication Skills In Job Interviews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills by Sukosam(m): 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
To the learned in the house, is interpersonal skill different from communication skill? Just want to know better
Re: Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills by Philomath1212: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Sukosam:
To the learned in the house, is interpersonal skill different from communication skill? Just want to know better

Though by denotation, both can be interwixed;
But there's difference.
By my own definition;
Interpersonal skill is the understanding of one or ability to relate with different humans of different backgrounds and different orientations by way of having agreeable middle point which is mutually beneficial. While communication skill is having good knowledge of diction both verbal and written coupled with good delivery. They both form human relationship skill.
My little understanding!

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills by Xone3(f): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
I was asked that same question when I went for work force interview. I said they don't have a clear cut difference but the guy insisted there was. All I can say from my research is that communication skill deals with verbal and non verbal communication while the interpersonal skills goes beyond that to include listening, negotiation skill, team work etc

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Interpersonal And Communication Skills by irsakant: 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Sukosam:
Simple as ABC, interpersonal skills are just your ATTITUDE with how you relate with people in the discharge of your duties. While, communication skills is broad and encompassing the following: writing, reading, listening and tolerating people at workplace. (Mostly those that study English, Law and other Humanities are skilled in this regard.) You can see now that it's wide. @kantemma

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now For Crossover Microfinance Bank Graduate Recruitment - 2016 / Primera Africa Announces Massive Recruitment For Direct Sales Agent. / Geotechnical/geophysical Survey Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.