Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,110 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Urgent - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent (1395 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent by esecremz(f): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Please i need guidelines or samples on how to write a "cover letter stating why you would be the best fit for our company".
At first i thought its the same thing as "why i would be thd best fit for the position". But I'm second guessing myself. I need a professional to help me clearify.
Thank you.
Re: Urgent by Appliedmaths(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
esecremz:
Please i need guidelines or samples on how to write a "cover letter stating why you would be the best fit for our company".
At first i thought its the same thing as "why i would be thd best fit for the position". But I'm second guessing myself. I need a professional to help me clearify.
Thank you.

Google your way through, there are hundreds of cover letter samples online, I prefer the ones on jobberman. A cover letter is a summary of your CV, and goes further to state clearly why you think you can handle the Job effectively, your experience on the job and achievements too and why you are the best candidate that's just to mention a few...
Re: Urgent by madream4life: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
I can help u write a perfect cover letter that will get u d job! hit me up....09052134291
Re: Urgent by OkoAnike(m): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
esecremz:
Thank you.

This is a sample copy of a cover letter, use this as a template for ur own copy

My First Class degree in Petrochemical Science (CGPA 4.58/5.00) and two (2) years professional experience has afforded me the opportunity to work on various projects that significantly improved operational efficiency and productivity. I am confident that my expertise in these areas will prove to be an asset to your manufacturing operations. I am very good at gathering and analysing data in order to find a workable solution that will maximize efficiency and reduce costs as much as possible and also defining industry methods to analyse products. One recent project completed at Passion Life Global Resources; Bayelsa State involved working on the creation of a quality control laboratory to ensure products conform to regulated standards. I am accustomed to leading and working within teams on diverse projects and interacting closely with researchers, some of whom are chemists and analysts. These projects have required a high degree of team coordination and interaction in order to be completed on time and within budget. I look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss my qualifications. Many thanks for your time and consideration.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent by irsakant: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
I advise to be concise as much as possible. Listing all your achievements would be enormous! This is because copious applications are expected. And no enough time to read all application letters, say 10,000 in number. So, streamline your achievements, and specifically express your intent and capabilities for the role in tandem with how the organisation outlines the job description.

You can write a lengthy cover letter if it is in the number of words you are instructed.
Re: Urgent by esecremz(f): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2016
Thank you all for your contribution. I know how to write a cover letter and I have several. Let me paint a clearer picture. I applied for a job and i was sent an interview invite, one of the things you are required to bring on the day of the interview is a cover letter stating " why you are the best fit for the [b]company" not for the position.
Re: Urgent by Valintos147(f): 9:08am On Apr 26, 2016
OkoAnike:

This is a sample copy of a cover letter, use this as a template for ur own copy

My First Class degree in Petrochemical Science (CGPA 4.58/5.00) and two (2) years professional experience has afforded me the opportunity to work on various projects that significantly improved operational efficiency and productivity. I am confident that my expertise in these areas will prove to be an asset to your manufacturing operations. I am very good at gathering and analysing data in order to find a workable solution that will maximize efficiency and reduce costs as much as possible and also defining industry methods to analyse products. One recent project completed at Passion Life Global Resources; Bayelsa State involved working on the creation of a quality control laboratory to ensure products conform to regulated standards. I am accustomed to leading and working within teams on diverse projects and interacting closely with researchers, some of whom are chemists and analysts. These projects have required a high degree of team coordination and interaction in order to be completed on time and within budget. I look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss my qualifications. Many thanks for your time and consideration.
Good One, But I have a question for you, How can he put his cover letter together without any achievement in his previous workplace? He is a recent graduate(NYSC) HND Business Administration with a year Working experience as an admin Assistant?
Re: Urgent by OkoAnike(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Valintos147:

Good One, But I have a question for you, How can he put his cover letter together without any achievement in his previous workplace? He is a recent graduate(NYSC) HND Business Administration with a year Working experience as an admin Assistant?

No matter how little it is, even if is just ur Industrial Attachment, ur package and presentation is Important.

(1) (Reply)

... / Urgent Job Vacancy! Check It Out. / Management Trainee Recruitment At Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.