Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity (2329 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by bolicks: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
The son of a top Hamas leader has converted to Christianity and prays some day his family will also accept Jesus Christ as their saviour, according to an Israeli newspaper.

Masab Yousef, son of West Bank Hamas leader Sheik Hassan Yousef, revealed for the first time in an exclusive interview with Haaretz newspaper that he has left Islam and is now a Christian. Prior to the interview's publication last Thursday, Yousef's family did not know of his faith conversion even though he is in regular contact with them.

"[T]his interview will open many people's eyes, it will shake Islam from the roots, and I'm not exaggerating," said Yousef, who now resides in the United States. "What other case do you know where a son of a Hamas leader, who was raised on the tenets of extremist Islam, comes out against it?"

Yousef, who is now 30-years-old, was first exposed to Christianity eight years ago while in Jerusalem, where out of curiosity he accepted an invitation to hear about Christianity. Afterwards, he became "enthusiastic" about what he heard and would secretly read the Bible every day.

"A verse like 'Love thine enemy' had a great influence on me," Yousef recalled. "At this stage I was still a Muslim and I thought that I would remain one. But every day I saw the terrible things done in the name of religion by those who considered themselves 'great believers'.

"I studied Islam more thoroughly and found no answers there. I re-examined the Koran and the principals of the faith and found how it is mistaken and misleading."

But with Christianity, Yousef said he could understand God as revealed through Jesus Christ. He said he could talk about God and Jesus for days, but Muslims are not able to say anything about God.

"I consider Islam a big lie," said Yousef. "The people who supposedly represent the religion admired Mohammed more than God, killed innocent people in the name of Islam, beat their wives and don't have any idea what God is.

"I have no doubt that they'll go to hell. I have a message for them: There is only one way to paradise - the way of Jesus who sacrificed himself on the cross for all of us."

Four years ago, Yousef decided to convert to Christianity but did not let his family know. He still helped his father with his political activities, and his father only knew his son had Christian friends.

"I felt responsible. It was better for me to be there rather than a gang of fools who would poison his mind," Yousef explained. "I tried to understand those people, their thoughts, in order to change them from inside by means of a strong person like my father, who admitted to me in the past that he does not support suicide attacks."

Yousef described his father as a moderate Hamas leader.

But even before his encounter with Christianity, Yousef had already become disenchanted with Hamas and Islam after being imprisoned at the age of 18 years old for heading a youth Islamic movement at his high school.

He described the Hamas leaders he met in prison as people with "no morals" and "no integrity", although they hide their corruption better than Fatah party members.

"Nobody knows them and how they operate as well as I do," Yousef said, recalling how the family of Hamas members killed by Israel were forced to beg for financial assistance while the leadership "abandoned" them and "wasted" tens of thousands of dollars a month only on security for themselves.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2009
No link
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

No link

Jesus is the link you need to eternal life. The weblink below shows the testimonies of many other former muslims that has seen the light of the glorious gospel of Christ.

http://www.muslimjourneytohope.com/watch.asp
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
You yourself know that the poster lied.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by SeanT21(f): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
haha~~Where are all the muslims
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
Well, what do you know cheesy
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by JeSoul(f): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

And FoxNews is lying too? here's your link. This story has been out for quite a while now.

Son of Hamas Leader Turns Back on Islam and Embraces Christianity

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402483,00.html

Mosab Hassan Yousef is an extraordinary young man with an extraordinary story. He was born the son of one of the most influential leaders of the militant Hamas organization in the West Bank and grew up in a strict Islamic family.

Now, at 30 years old, he attends an evangelical Christian church, Barabbas Road in San Diego, Calif. He renounced his Muslim faith, left his family behind in Ramallah and is seeking asylum in the United States.

The story of how his life unfolded is truly amazing, whether you agree or disagree with his views. Below is a transcript on an exclusive FOX News interview with Hassan as he tells firsthand how a West Bank Muslim became a West Coast Christian.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola? Where are you? Is FoxNews lying?

Abuzola:

Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

huh at least you've got loon.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2009
Oh now i get it. He was seeking Asylum in U.S, Hahaha now i know his plan, to evade the blocked and embargo crippled Palestine
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Oh now i get it. He was seeking Asylum in U.S, Hahaha now i know his plan, to evade the blocked and embargo crippled Palestine

1. Palestine doesnt exist, when it did exist prior to 1949 it was a term exclusively used to describe jews. There are existing documents and legal records to prove it. Palestine isnt even an arab name.

2. If "Palestine" is blocked then it would be entirely the fault of Jordan and Egypt which once "occupied" the westbank and Gaza but did absolutely nothing to absorb the citizens waiting to offload them on Israel to use as a tool to destroy its jewish nation.

3. The conversion is real, if this were all about asylum in the US he would be a fool to go on national TV to proclaim it knowing it immediately makes him a target for death by those who wrap themselves in the flowery language of "peace".
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by sosisi(f): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
I had a thread on this last year.
Let me dig it out.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
Uh ! Who would you fool with this lies ! Israel became a state in 1947 when the survival of Hitler's genocide remain homeless and in despair, the western world chose part of Palestine for them to abode
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
Wikipaedia also agree with my statement
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Uh ! Who would you fool with this lies ! Israel became a state in 1947 when the survival of Hitler's genocide remain homeless and in despair, the western world chose part of Palestine for them to abode

Israel became a recognised state by the UN in 1947, but as a nation it had existed for 3000 yrs. Where was your "palestine" and when was it ever recognised as an arab state by the UN or anyone?

The western world didnt "choose" palestine for the jews . . . they had always been there. Where do you think the name palestine comes from? thin air? Sorry the Romans coined it in AD 70 after the defeat of the jews (the same ones you false sons of satan claim are stateless) and the fall of jerusalem. where were your arabs then?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yeah nation, just like the muslim nation. Hahaha. I guess you don't know what a nation is
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Yeah nation, just like the muslim nation. Hahaha. I guess you don't know what a nation is

Idiot . . . Israel has a well documented history on that land and archeological evidence also bears them witness. what have your arabs got on the land?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2009
Idiot ? Lol now we know who the liar is
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Idiot ? Lol now we know who the liar is

yeah we do, the one who has no proof to corroborate his tales. the one who cant defend his position beyond regurgitating false islamic propaganda.

- what right do your arabs have over jerusalem? Tell us.

- what was the name of the palestinian leader in 1912? Tell us. Liars, hypocrites and spawns of satan.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Horus(m): 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
He did not convert to christianity, he just want to blow himself up inside a church full of christians. This could be a possibility, think about it.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
Proof ? Why not do your research and find out, i have no time for your dull brain, using 24 hrs to explain. Why do the Arab make up 25 percent of Israel and Palestine is an Arab dominated state. C'mon use ur head
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Proof ? Why not do your research and find out, i have no time for your dull brain, using 24 hrs to explain. Why do the Arab make up 25 percent of Israel and Palestine is an Arab dominated state. C'mon use ur head

that is the brainless excuse you sons of satan use to avoid facing the bold faced facts.

I've already done my research that's why i asked you to prove to me that an arab palestine ever existed before 1988. Go ahead . . . tell us.

Arabs make up only 20% of Israel today and that is down to higher birthrate . . . Palestine does not technically exist but only in the dull brains of allah's servants who do his wicked bidding. Gaza was siezed by Egypt in 1949 that is why it is predomnantly arab today . . . not to forget that Israel also pulled out every jew in 2005. Ditto for the West Bank (which was actually known all over the world as Judea and Samaria before Jordan changed the name in 1949 illegally!). Jordan purged the West Bank of Jews and relegated it to the backwater of arab history until Israel committed the unpardonable "sin" of taking its lands back in 1967.

Now where is your own proof?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 1:16am On Aug 08, 2009
Block head don't tell me you didn't see my proofs above, why are you pretexting instead of giving answer, Israel occupied Palestine with its civic and military presence for more than 50 years yet Palestine is an Arab territory likewise East Jerusalem, if you claim Egypt conquer it does that make it fall into a deep down prey ? Why didn't we africans become white when our colonial masters conquer and colonize us ? Keep devouring shit
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 08, 2009
Abuzola:

Block head don't tell me you didn't see my proofs above, why are you pretexting instead of giving answer, Israel occupied Palestine with its civic and military presence for more than 50 years yet Palestine is an Arab territory likewise East Jerusalem, if you claim Egypt conquer it does that make it fall into a deep down prey ? Why didn't we africans become white when our colonial masters conquer and colonize us ? Keep devouring shit

which "proofs" (sic)? Israel didnt occupy "palestine" . . . they WERE PALESTINE UNTIL 1948 when they decided to change their name. go read colonial british and ottoman empire documents . . . they CLEARLY REFER TO THE JEW AS A PALESTINIAN! The jerusalem post was called the palestinian post until 1948.

Now those are real proof not the nonsense you've been talking about.

Palestine was never arab territory, east jerusalem was called judea/samaria until 1949 when Jordan illegally annexed it, wiped it of jews and renamed it the westbank.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 1:30am On Aug 08, 2009
You see why is a waste of time to teach you cos you are arrogant, you know the truth but keep being prankish. How can a country bearing a name and later breakaway, for God's sake Israel didn't breakaway, palestine was one arab country covering the Present day Israel, have you seen why Israel is the only odd country in the middle east, bordered with Arab nation
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 08, 2009
Abuzola:

You see why is a waste of time to teach you cos you are arrogant, you know the truth but keep being prankish.

the "truth" is the nonsense you typed below? shocked

Abuzola:

How can a country bearing a name and later breakaway, for God's sake Israel didn't breakaway

No it didnt break away, it had always been there. Google it . . . Israel decided to change its name from "palestine" to "israel" shortly before independence. Those are facts available everywhere except in allah's mosque where lies, evil and hate prevail.

Abuzola:

palestine was one arab country covering the Present day Israel

kindly tell us the currency or flag of this "arab country" prior to 1940.

Abuzola:

have you seen why Israel is the only odd country in the middle east, bordered with Arab nation

Jordan never even existed before 1922, it was given to the sheikh of Mecca as a gift.

Boko Haram converts.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 1:59am On Aug 08, 2009
davidylan:

Palestine was never arab territory, east jerusalem was called judea/samaria until 1949 when Jordan illegally annexed it, wiped it of jews and renamed it the westbank.

I'm not sure about that. Arab armies conquered most of the Middle East, including Palestine, in the 600s. Around 638 Jerusalem was taken by Caliph Umar. The region was under Muslim control till the 1900s.

From time to time Jerusalem was under the rule of different powers. e.g Seljuk Turks for about 3 decades in the 1100s. The Egyptian Fatmids had an alliance with the christian crusaders and knocked off the turks, but the crusaders broke the alliance a year later and invaded Palestine.

In 1187 Saladin conquered Jerusalem.The crusaders held on tosome land around the coast of palestine because they had some kind of agreement with Saladin. They broke the agreement and several other crusades attempted and failed to take over Jerusalem

So, even long before the Ottoman empire the region was under Arab control.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Horus(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
Those people in Israel today are not the real Israelites. If they were, they wouldn’t need armies to fight for them. According to their Torah, their God fought their battles for them. Their Lord defeated the Egyptians for them in Exodus Chapter 15. Their Lord defeated the Canaanites for them in Numbers 21:3. , The Israelite’s God kicked much butt for them. Right now these people who are claiming to be the Israelites are getting their butts kicked. Can’t you see the irony in the story?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by muhsin(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2009
Hi!

True: Who Allah, the Exalted, guides none can lead astray; and who He leads astray none can guide aright.

The story came to me without an ounce of wonder. This is what these guys have been tirelessly doing to defame, dent and attack the authenticity of Islam. They will die trying for the light of Islam can and will never be quenched. Funny.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us, amen.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by sosisi(f): 3:43am On Aug 09, 2009
na the convert story dey pain abuz so?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

I'm not sure about that. Arab armies conquered most of the Middle East, including Palestine, in the 600s. Around 638 Jerusalem was taken by Caliph Umar. The region was under Muslim control till the 1900s.

From time to time Jerusalem was under the rule of different powers. e.g Seljuk Turks for about 3 decades in the 1100s. The Egyptian Fatmids had an alliance with the christian crusaders and knocked off the turks, but the crusaders broke the alliance a year later and invaded Palestine.

In 1187 Saladin conquered Jerusalem.The crusaders held on tosome land around the coast of palestine because they had some kind of agreement with Saladin. They broke the agreement and several other crusades attempted and failed to take over Jerusalem

So, even long before the Ottoman empire the region was under Arab control.

and after the ottomans . . the british. Your long story hasnt answered the question . . . who are the arab palestinians? History tells us they are mainly southern Syrians. Pls read up on the nakba of 1920.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by sosisi(f): 4:00am On Aug 09, 2009
davidylan, I am always amazed by your intelligence.
The sexiest attribute in a man is his intelligence.
Thank God for you and Mr Osisi

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Is So Near: U Need To Read This! / It's Time To Tax Churches / Bizarre: Lagos Pastor Impregnated His Own Daughter Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.