Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

case closed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / case closed (2203 Views)

University Of Ibadan Closed Over Rusticated 500l Student / Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / Request For Assistance (case closed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

case closed by pdone: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2009
thanks
Re: case closed by dipoley2k(f): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hmmm well it depends on what you are aiming for,U can call or mail to see if we can assist.
Bob-07057656228 or overseasadmission@rosaad.com
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 1:15am On Aug 08, 2009
Oh dear. . . . . Truth be told good colleges are indeed Taylors and Stamford and the average price is about RM21 - 26 thousand but for a period of one year is actually quite expensive. I need you to answer a few questions in order for me to help you out.

1) Is IT Engineering the type of course you want to study for?

2) What level of Education are you planning to take? (Diploma? Higher Diploma? Bachelor Degree? Master's Degree?)

3) What is your budget for this course which you plan to take? (excluding food and accommodation)

4) Where are you currently living?

5) When do you need to start the course?

As for Goon Institute, I personally think its not a good place to study because in Malaysia, whenever you are seeking for a good place to study, if its hard for you to search their website, than its not a popular college and also I tried calling them to get cross reference check and they could not give me basic information like the course type, the fees structure and they keep moving me to different various people just to answer my questions. Anyways, I will have to ask my friends here to check back on Goon and get back to you. So for the time being, I would appreciate you give me the details as reuquested above and I will try my possible ways to help.
Re: case closed by pdone: 3:02am On Aug 08, 2009
Gabry:

Oh dear. . . . . Truth be told good colleges are indeed Taylors and Stamford and the average price is about RM21 - 26 thousand but for a period of one year is actually quite expensive. I need you to answer a few questions in order for me to help you out.

1) Is IT Engineering the type of course you want to study for?

2) What level of Education are you planning to take? (Diploma? Higher Diploma? Bachelor Degree? Master's Degree?)

3) What is your budget for this course which you plan to take? (excluding food and accommodation)

4) Where are you currently living?

5) When do you need to start the course?

As for Goon Institute, I personally think its not a good place to study because in Malaysia, whenever you are seeking for a good place to study, if its hard for you to search their website, than its not a popular college and also I tried calling them to get cross reference check and they could not give me basic information like the course type, the fees structure and they keep moving me to different various people just to answer my questions. Anyways, I will have to ask my friends here to check back on Goon and get back to you. So for the time being, I would appreciate you give me the details as requested above and I will try my possible ways to help.

Thanks so much for paying immediate attention to my question.Regarding to your questions,
1.) Yes the course they gave me is the type of course I want.
2.) It is a bachelor degree which will last for a period of three years
3.) Initially, my attention is to study in a school that is well recognized in the country which I'm going to study, I decided to apply in Stamford, but when someone told me that his friend is paying about RM9,000 at Goons Institute, I'm afraid if I'm making a mistake in the university/tuition fee( RM21000+)
4.) I'm currently living in China but I'm having some issues because they said I must study their language at least 2-3years before I can enroll into the degree.
5.) Stamford has gotten the student visa ready, the school will resume on September. The only thing remaining now is to pay the amount they requested before they can send the student visa to me. I want to make some inquiries before embarking on the journey of three years education.

Once again, I appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing your response.
Re: case closed by finewine1(m): 3:05am On Aug 08, 2009
How did you apply?
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:55am On Aug 08, 2009
pdone:

Thanks so much for paying immediate attention to my question.Regarding to your questions,
1.) Yes the course they gave me is the type of course I want.
2.) It is a bachelor degree which will last for a period of three years
3.) Initially, my attention is to study in a school that is well recognized in the country which I'm going to study, I decided to apply in Stamford, but when someone told me that his friend is paying about RM9,000 at Goons Institute, I'm afraid if I'm making a mistake in the university/tuition fee( RM21000+)
4.) I'm currently living in China but I'm having some issues because they said I must study their language at least 2-3years before I can enroll into the degree.
5.) Stamford has gotten the student visa ready, the school will resume on September. The only thing remaining now is to pay the amount they requested before they can send the student visa to me. I want to make some inquiries before embarking on the journey of three years education.

Once again, I appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing your response.

Uhmmmm. . . Since u are in China and not in Malaysia, are u really sure u want to come to Malaysia? U know, alot of Nigerians whom came to Malaysia had actually regretted themselves coming here. Im sure u are a Nigerian and one thing I would like to tell u about being a foreignor in Malaysia. If you are foreignor in Malaysia, u are expected to have more than enough money to support your every month bills and expenses such as:0

1) Accommodation rental (RM700.00 every month at least) if sharing with other people (3 peeps)

2) electricity and water bills (RM80 every month at least) if sharing with other people (3 peeps)

3) Astro bills (Televesion network) (RM100 every month at least) if sharing with other people (3 peeps)

4) Food and beverage (at least RM600 a month)

5) Others like toiletries (at least 30 - 50 a month depending whether if u are a high maintenance or low maintenance kinda person. This price range is based on low maintenance kinda person)

6) Leisure activities ( Alot of Nigerians always love clubbing and even if you dont, u will surely need to go clubbing if you hang out with other fellow Nigerians.

It is always best to be financial well prepared without having to depend on getting a job here because truth be told, Malaysian people will never give any jobs to foreignors especially to Africans. Alot of Africans whom comes here to study find theirself trap cause they have not much money to pay their school fees and if they dont pay their school fees, they will be considered as illegal immigrants and because of that, they have no choice to get theirselves engage in scamming activities. So pleaseee, think carefully about all these things before deciding to come to Malaysia to study.

By the way, transportation is never easy here. . . . . If you have decided to stay near your College, the accommodation around the college area is always very expensive (thats just how it is) and if you have decided to stay far away from camput, the public transportation here cannot really be depended on, Like busses and trains, they dont come at a guaranteed time and taxi's will always cheat your money. If u have a car would be easier but than still money to buy a car. . . At least RM15000.00 for 2nd hand cars which has been pulled by the bank (even that, u need the right contacts to get you those kinda cars and they expect you to pay all of it by cash at one go)

Another one is discrimination and racist. Many foreignors here keeps complaining to me about this issue where when they hop on the bus or the train or they go to church or school, everyone would stay far away from them and cover their nose. Some people on NL says its before but seriously, its still happening in Malaysia especially the West side of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Kuantan, Johor, Penang, Ipoh and etc etc. . . .)

So are u sure u wanted to study here in Malaysia?

Theres one Nairalander here called Richo. He is studying in the Philippines and he says he loves it there. I dont know if its all good for u to study there or not but maybe you could ask him about it.
Re: case closed by finewine1(m): 5:05am On Aug 08, 2009
Okay, thanks alot
Re: case closed by fashrola(m): 5:15am On Aug 08, 2009
Hey guy i have a cousin studying Malaysia he's been calling my Uncle that he wants to come back to Naija, he don tire to study in Malaysia, Well my guy malaysia is a good place to study I.T courses and engineering programmes, but their discrimination issue is very alarming, i promise any malaysian citizen coming to Naija i will smack his/her ass down, Philippines is a good place to study, accommodation is cheap, transportation is cheap also, discrimination is not like Malaysia, almost all d people speaks Good english and you can get a job while studying there, for more info just google
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2009
fashrola:

Hey guy i have a cousin studying Malaysia he's been calling my Uncle that he wants to come back to Naija, he don tire to study in Malaysia, Well my guy malaysia is a good place to study I.T courses and engineering programmes, but their discrimination issue is very alarming, i promise any malaysian citizen coming to Naija i will smack his/her ass down, Philippines is a good place to study, accommodation is cheap, transportation is cheap also, discrimination is not like Malaysia, almost all d people speaks Good english and you can get a job while studying there, for more info just google

Thank you!!! Thank you for telling him! But Im a Malaysian oo. . . U want to smack me abi? I will cry very loud ooo cry cry cry
Re: case closed by pdone: 6:37am On Aug 09, 2009
Thanks so much Gabry, more question please; Having given all the advice, do you think that Stamford prestige in Malaysia worth that money.

Secondly, Due to some issues here(China), I think I will be visiting China at least 6times a year; is it easy to get Chinese visa from Malaysia?
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2009
I do know that Stamford was made well known foir budinrdd, As for IT Technology, Im not sure. But with that price, it might be good I think. Im really not sure.

I know thast when it comes to technology, INTI college is more specialized. I will ask my brother on that and will get back with u,

I hope u are not thinking of coming to Malaysia?

I will check if its easy to get a Chinese Visa in Malaysia.
Re: case closed by pdone: 8:29am On Aug 09, 2009
My dear Gabry, why did you asked this question "I hope u are not thinking of coming to Malaysia?"

Is it because of racism in Malaysia or expenses/lack of job opportunity in Malaysia. I appreciate your kindness. I'm waiting for your update. Thanks a lot.
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2009
Trust me, u wont want to come here. Alot of foreignjors are trapped here when they arrived here and they wish they could run away to another place. Pleaseee. . . I beg you not to come here. The next thing you know, the only activity you could engage yourself into is Scamming cause thats the only way you could get money.

Over here is not like China or India or Philippines. Its worst off. . . The people here will always judge you because of your skin colour and theres no black man in this country whom has a job!! No one wants to employ a black man and thats just reality. They dont care. . . And whatever you purchase (from internet to car to phone, to television), they see your skin colour, they would charge you higher. Thats how discriminating they can be. These are just a few examples and it gets worst than this.

I once tried to convince one of my friend to not come down here (he is a Nigerian) and he insisted and now he is trapped and he is staying in my house for free cause he could not afford to live anywhere else. He got bassically trap here and now he is trying hard to find for a gf (its hard cause not many Malaysians like African people) in order to support him financially and if he could, he would run away to another country.

So pleaseeee. . . Think before you act. Many has made the wrong decisions and when they end up in a trap, they start doing bad things in the country to survive and when they do, thats how your country got painted black by the rest of the world.
Re: case closed by pdone: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2009
Thanks for your advice. Remember that I asked you to verify if it is hard to get China visa from Malaysia, actually I'm doing some business in China( that is buying goods from China company and sending it back home). But I want to complete my education. I came to Malaysia to look for the admission although I stayed only for four days. Within that four days I noticed a little racist. I went to book a room in a hostel but the lady told me that there was no room available, but I was surprised when some girls from USA entered the same place, the lady gave them rooms.Even the attendant in the hotel I slept wasn't friendly at first.If it is easy to obtain china visa with student visa in Malaysia, then I think there is no problem with racist.

Please I verify this from other Nigerians in Malaysia. Do you know of any Nigerian that comes from Malaysia to China for business. Please I need this information before I make the next step.
Re: case closed by Emuejev: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2009
@Gambry and pdone,
This is very enlightening

Am a nigerian and i live in Nigeria, i recentry applied for a MSc in Business and Finance in the uk and so far i ve gotten one offer from greenwich, am yet to accept this offer, my dad recently travelled to Shainghai and ever since he has been telling me of how Malaysia is the centre of business and doing a finance course there wud be more beneficial than doing it in london, and that the school charges in malaysia is cheaper, so please i would want sincere opinion on this, at least so it wont seem i am just being unreasonable,

Please advice
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2009
pdone:

Thanks for your advice. Remember that I asked you to verify if it is hard to get China visa from Malaysia, actually I'm doing some business in China( that is buying goods from China company and sending it back home). But I want to complete my education. I came to Malaysia to look for the admission although I stayed only for four days. Within that four days I noticed a little racist. I went to book a room in a hostel but the lady told me that there was no room available, but I was surprised when some girls from USA entered the same place, the lady gave them rooms.Even the attendant in the hotel I slept wasn't friendly at first.If it is easy to obtain china visa with student visa in Malaysia, then I think there is no problem with racist.

Please I verify this from other Nigerians in Malaysia. Do you know of any Nigerian that comes from Malaysia to China for business. Please I need this information before I make the next step.

Ok, I will ask them when they get back from football practise. So far, I have only come across Nigerians whom goes to Dubai and Japan. They told me that as long as you have the money, anything is possible to get. Ill get back to you on that one.
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2009
Emuejev:

@Gabry and pdone,
This is very enlightening

Am a nigerian and i live in Nigeria, i recentry applied for a MSc in Business and Finance in the uk and so far i ve gotten one offer from greenwich, am yet to accept this offer, my dad recently travelled to Shainghai and ever since he has been telling me of how Malaysia is the centre of business and doing a finance course there wud be more beneficial than doing it in london, and that the school charges in malaysia is cheaper, so please i would want sincere opinion on this, at least so it wont seem i am just being unreasonable,

Please advice

malaysia is the cenre of business but not for foreignors especially not to Africans. But when it comes to Whites, they would treat them like a God. . . . . . Thats ow the mentality of the people is over here. Alot of people seems to get it wrong there.

I would advise u to stick to the UK and dont come here. Seriously, If you are dark skin, theres nothing for u here except palava.

Second of all, Malaysian Education system is not good actually. . . Especially for Finance. No way can Malaysia beat the UK. UK and America is always the best when it comes to education so if you had the chance to go tyo any of these two countries for education, I say please do take the opportunity to do so, . . Dont waste your life and come here.

Am warning you guys. Pleaseeee. . . .
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2009
Maybe this will give you guys a shock and also this story will come as a warning.

Somewhere last year my housemate Wale (he is a Yoruba guy) was in the house home alone while the rest of us went for a road trip. I told him to join us but some reason he was not in the mood and decided to stay home. Suddenly the police broke into our house without a warrant and arrested Wale and put him in jail. He wasnt granted to make a phone call nor was he granted to even ask the police what was the arrest about. . . As far as I know, if you are in jail, the police should allow you to call someone and also to tell you what are u arrested for.

Anyways, we came back from the road trip and found out that our house was broken in and that Wale was not around. We called his HP and the police pick up the phone and told me that Wale is in jail and that if we want him out, we would have to pay RM400 which was about USD 120.

Anyways, I went to the bak and withdraw RM400 cause I was the only one with money that time and I went to the police station and told the guys to stay at home cause I know if they came along, more problems will ccur (as they are all Nigerians).

I went there and ask the police what was the charges made against him and the police said that someone launch a complain saying that an African guy had mollested his 16 year old daughter. And I ask the police what is the proof? And the police said that theres no rights for any foreignors here. Once u're black, you will always be painted black. Thats what they told me.

Than I said ok and I ask them what will happen if I did not bail him out from here? And they said he I did not they will put him in jail for 3 months and if no one bails him out, they will ship him off to Thailand to be a slave labour in prison. he will be a slave and they will pay him his salary untill he could pay his air flight back to Nigeria.

Than I ask them how much the prison will pay him and they say it all depends on their mood. If their in a good mood, he would get like RM100.00 per month if not he will get lower. . . yet an air ticket to Nigeria is like RM1600!!! Bloody hell!

So anyways, I paid the money and I bailed him out.

The police than ask me why save him? Is he that special to me? And  told the police that he lives under my house and Im actually his 2nd mpother so I have every rights to take care of him and I give them the evil look and walk away!

I got so angry that I reported this to the hotline but he hotline told me that thees nothing they can do about this so I reported this to reporters in order for them to write it on the newspapers but they say they could only do so for me if I have documented evidence so any chance I have I would record everything with my camera and will launch a domestic complaint about them. . .  angry  angry  angry
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2009
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2009
Pdone, ok I have check it out for you.

Regarding Stamford college, the program is good its because it is affiliated with the British Education system so its good.

Goon is a local program and they dont have proper facilities there to teach as well as the program is not recognize.

Other colleges available is KDU, INTI and Taylors but the price is also quite high cause of the affiliated programs with America and Europe.

As for the visa to apply to China from Malaysia, it is very easy. All you need is a Travel Check of 500USD, a letter from your school stating that you are a student from that college, and the visa fee is not more than RM100.00.

It would be advisable for you to at least have a credit card because the embassy here mostly requires you pay everythign via online using credit card. Especially when you are to renew your passport page book. Its kinda of a hastle though. . .
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2009
Why is my post being continuously deleted This is seriously a waste of ma time ooo. . . Pdone, if this has been deleted again, you would have to check in my post message history as I have posted information on the China Visa and the Stamford College
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2009
yeap. . . It has been deleted. Pdone, you need to check at my post message history. Its there
Re: case closed by Hanoobaba(m): 12:00am On Aug 10, 2009
@gabry: Are there Buddish temples im Malaysia. If yes;
@pdone: I've read the discussions you've had with Gabry on this issue and i've come up with a logical conclusion. As a 9ja boy, I expect you to be rugged and have the ability to adapt to tough conditions. What i'm suggesting is that you forget about accomadation and other costs for now and face the tuition. Buddhists are not likely to be racists so you can be staying in a Buddhish temple and be a part-time monk and part-time student. You will also be feeding on the watery meals they serve in the temples. So what do you think?
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2009
LOL! U are hillarious! MY GOD. . . No way they are letting you staying in their temple!!! LOL!  grin The Buddhist here are not like in other countries. They are mostly rich people and theres no such thing as monks here. Even if they are, they are mostly fake. They pretend to be monks so that they could get money easily from the public or from foreignors. . . . . But truth be told, there are no monks here. Seriously, when you think someone can hep u, you cannot find any. . .

No matter how rugged you are, (as alot of Nigerians are), they find themselves hard to even live in this country and in the end they all seek for Mama Ngozi smiley
Re: case closed by pdone: 3:01am On Aug 10, 2009
Hello Gabry, I couldn't find your response on China visa. Please I would like you to explain it again. I hope the teachers are not racist too. If they are racist, they might be cutting the students grades.
Hanoobaba:

@gabry: Are there Buddish temples im Malaysia. If yes;
@pdone: I've read the discussions you've had with Gabry on this issue and i've come up with a logical conclusion. As a 9ja boy, I expect you to be rugged and have the ability to adapt to tough conditions. What i'm suggesting is that you forget about accomadation and other costs for now and face the tuition. Buddhists are not likely to be racists so you can be staying in a Buddhish temple and be a part-time monk and part-time student. You will also be feeding on the watery meals they serve in the temples. So what do you think?
You are funny. Anyway, I don't think of becoming a monk now.
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:21am On Aug 10, 2009
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 6:12am On Aug 10, 2009
Seriously! This is a waste of time Seun! angry
Re: case closed by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 10, 2009
Gabry babe, how u dey? I hope you could still remember me. The economic crisis made me out of sight. How is life? I am glad you are not one of those malaysian racist. Take care lady and be a good girl for daddy.
Re: case closed by Hanoobaba(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2009
I used to think Malaysia would be a very nice place to live in but thank to you guys I don't even want to visit in my dreams. I would rather go to Tibet or even Afghanistan
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2009
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
bigmodo:

Gabry babe, how u dey? I hope you could still remember me. The economic crisis made me out of sight. How is life? I am glad you are not one of those malaysian racist. Take care lady and be a good girl for daddy.

of course I remember you. . . . U are the one whom forggoten about your sweetheart hia ooo angry

Hanoobaba:

I used to think Malaysia would be a very nice place to live in but thank to you guys I don't even want to visit in my dreams. I would rather go to Tibet or even Afghanistan

yes, dont visit and please try and warn as many people as possible.
Re: case closed by Gabry(f): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibb University Minna / Link To Noun Admission List / Plz Hlp;i Ws Offered Anoda Sch In My Jamb Admission Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.