Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Way Out Of My League - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Way Out Of My League (1426 Views)

BOOK REVIEW: Being Single: Challenges And Way Out By Becky Olorunpomi / Shut The Door On Your Way Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Please Note: I did not write this story but because I find it extremely interesting I have decided to post it here.
The story was written by a good fried of mine Moyosoreoluwa Agboola, so if you want to appreciate the writer you can drop comments which will be forwarded to her duly.
I repeat, I am not claiming ownership of the story. Thus, all copyrights are reserved. Thanks.

Now who is taking the front seat?
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2016
Episode 1: THE PILOT

It’s my first day of work. And God knows I’m nervous as can be. After the 18 months battle of looking for a job in the country, favour finally shone on me as I got a call last week from one of the three job interviews I did that I should resume Monday which is today. You can imagine my elation. After slipping into my most beautiful suit piece (it was my convocation suit) I picked up a simple pair of flats (because I can’t walk well in heels) and ran off to work through a brt, regular yellow bus and finally an “Okada”. All in my bid to get here early. Now I’m here and I’m extremely nervous as can be.

I got the weirdest job “PA to the PA of the MD”. Even as I’m here seated in the office I cant understand why a Personal Assistant would have a Personal Assistant. Is the MD that tasking or does he saddle her with the responsibility of his family. Maybe. Maybe not. Speaking of the MD I haven’t met him. And from what I can perceive here they all seem like they’re extremely scared of him. Was he that mean? Is that why this Sandra girl( PA to the MD) needs my services.

“Audrey, the MD is coming in soon, as soon as the door opens, you stand up immediately and we would greet him in unison, okay?” She said to me in a voice so shaky I could sense her panic. I replied “okay”.

Now my heart has started to race. If his PA that has been working with him for so long (I’m sure years) can be this freaked out then I should be. My thoughts were interrupted with the door opening.

He walked in. The Managing Director, Corlax Pensions. I was awed by his appearance. Tall. I’m sure he’s not less than 6 ‘2. Caramel skinned so clear he should spend 20k on creams. His eyes. They had a burning look. There was something unusual about them. His lips. Arrrgh. Why so sexy? I wasn’t even aware that I had parted my lips and was staring for too long Until I heard Sandra call my name. I looked at her and she signaled to me to get up quickly with dismay on her face. I just realized I had forgotten to stand up. Ugh Audrey. Not again. You let lust overtake you. I quickly scrambled to my feet in the most clumsy way ever. Ugh. Then we quickly greeted him in unison.

“I presume you’re the new PA to Sandra” he said. I wasn’t even sure if it was a comment or a question. I was in too much dismay. “Yes Ebuka-Sir, she is” Sandra helped. Mumbling over each word.Oops hadn’t realized that was a question. Did she just call him Ebuka?

Hmmm. So much for fear.

“You don’t talk or you have hearing issues, which is it?” He said with amusement on his face.

Ouch. Wow perfect first impression Audrey. Would you talk already! I snapped at myself with a tap on my leg. Hope no one saw that.

“I’m sorry… none of the above… I err. I’m sorry. I talk. I hear.” I managed. Pathetic reply. I scoffed at myself.

“It’s fine. You’re nervous. First day jitters. You’ll be fine. Next time no matter how intimidated or nervous you are try to still speak. You have a powerful resume. A 4.32 2.1 from UNILAG That’s impressive.”

As if he could sense my shock. He continued “I know you’re suprised. I was emailed your resume. I made her hire you. Don’t dissapoint me. Audrey.”

Just like that and he was gone. Leaving me with shock. Happiness. Shock. Confusion. Shock. Humiliation. More shock.

He is impressed by me. I couldn’t stop smiling.

“Forget him. I know what you’re thinking. Many have tried, few have succeeded. I’ve been a victim. Don’t let him get into your head he’s way out of your league“

She has been a victim? Is that why she called him Ebuka? Many have tried? Why doesn’t any of these words kill my happiness?

Sigh.

He sure has gotten into my head. maybe heart. Lol. Nah. Haba. It can’t be love at first sight.

Or is it?

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2016
EPISODE 2:

Its my fourth day at work and as usual I’m dressed in one of my best outfits. Sadly for one reason – Him. This would have made sense if we had something or if he was even taking notice of them.

Since Monday he hasn’t said a single word to me neither has he even glanced at me for more than thirty seconds. Even when I greeted him, all I got was a wave of hand. Sigh. To make matters worse he didn’t even come yesterday. Sandra said he had a meeting with the minister of finance. I was overawed but I had to conceal it. Sigh he’s really way out my league.

“Hello sir, okay I’ll send her in” the sound of Sandra’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “Audrey, the MD wants to see you now”

“the MD? He’s around? Didn’t notice him walk in” I was suprised. I had been keeping an eye out for him through out the day. Every time the door opened my heart flew to my mouth. But each of those times my hopes were replaced with disappointment.

“There’s a second entrance. From the parking lot” she said flatly, as if i was making a fuss out of nothing. Sigh I need exposure.

why does he want to see me? What could he possibly want to see me for? I should be happy but man am I worried. Maybe he wants to transfer me. He might be irritated with my presence.

I opened his door and walked in gently.

“you weren’t trained to knock?” He asked. Ugh Audrey not again.

“I um, I thought cause you called you would know its me, I didn’t want to disturb you with the sound of knock”

does that reply even make sense? I thought to myself.

“what if I was having sex with someone? And you walked in on that ? ” That question rendered me speechless. If I was light skinned I would have been as red as a tomato.

“what?” He raised an eyebrow. “Why you acting like a 5 year old, like you’ve never heard of sex before?”

“erm i uhm…” I forced a dry laugh. “I should have knocked actually, that won’t have been funny” I managed.

“exactly my point. Have a seat” he beckoned to the Sofa beside his table. Sigh. I’m not even worthy to sit at his table. He stood up. Man he is tall. Then strolled over to the sofa I was seated. As he sat my heart started to race. What’s going on? Why are we sitting in a sofa. Together!

As if he could sense my panic. “Relax…” He laughed softly. “We are just talking…” “business talks” he added with a smirk.

Was he flirting with me? I could not help but smile.

“so what are we talking about?” I was starting to gain confidence. I sat up and looked him straight in the eyes. Lawd he’s gorgeous.

“you”

“me?, what about me?” I asked confused.

“I’m sure you’ve been wondering why a PA hired another PA. But I was the one that hired you. I want to fire Sandra” that last line hit me like a stone in the head.

“fire Sandra? Why? She’s very efficient. She knows her onions. She’s devoted to you. To this company” I was talking like I had been here for years.

“When did you start work again?” As if he could read my mind.

“sorry…Im just wondering” I offered.

“Don’t wonder. You haven’t been here up to a week. And even if you’ve been here for a decade I am the managing director. You don’t question my decisions.” He “killed” me.

“I -I wasn’t-”

he cut me off “no explanations. I guess we are clear”

“Yes sir”

“it’s Ebuka…when we are alone” he smirked again. Oh guess that’s the same thing he told Sandra. Now I get.

“so as I was saying I want to fire Sandra. I have had enough of her. The company has had enough of her. We need fresh blood, fresh talent.” He explained.

“im still confused. Where do I come in sir? Sorry Ebuka”

“I need you tail her for the next few weeks. Follow her every move. Learn how the company works. How she works. How I work. The company’s needs. My needs”

There was something about the way he said the last two words that freaked me out. Okay not freaked me out. That caused streaks of excitement to run through my body. Audrey stop it. He’s way out of your league.

” I want you to replace her as my PA, you’re smarter and Younger. You would be able to handle a lot of things better.” He crossed his arms then uncrossed them again. That was when I noticed there was no ring on his finger. Wasn’t he married? Then what needs could he possibly have been referring to.

“okay” my mouth was suddenly dry. As much as the idea was elating it was unsettling that he was firing her and I had to be the replacement. I added “I guess we are done” I needed to leave.

“yes…for…now”he said each word so slowly it could pass for a sensual statement. I stood up and took to my heels.

“one more thing” he echoed. I turned to look at him. “Tell no one about it. Especially Sandra” he ended. I nodded because I couldn’t find my voice.

As I walked back to my office I couldnot stop thinking about it. Sandra was too good at her job. She was devoted. She was smart. She had a huge memory. She respected him. Everyone at the office loves her. I love her.

As I sat on my chair and stared at her I could help but feel guilty. She was beautiful. Nice small frame. Round in all the right places. Beautiful smile. Powerful voice. She eluded elegance. Poise. There has to be more to this.

“I know he said you should not tell me anything”she startled me. what?! She heard or eavesdropped?

“I don’t understand what you’re saying Sandra.” I tried to lie.

“I don’t blame you. I was once there. I know…” She stopped abruptly. Then cursed “Bleep it! bloody Cameras and recorders. Good luck Audrey Olushile. Be smart. Don’t let anyone get into your head” then she went back to her work. She didn’t say another word to me till the end of the day.

At five when I was leaving. I told her “bye Sandra, see you tommorow”

“Goodbye Audrey, your real work starts tomorrow” she said with a smile that did not reach her eyes.

My my real work starts tomorrow ?

what does that even mean ?

Have I been playing here?

sigh.

Guess I would find out tommorow.

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 8:17am On Apr 27, 2016
Please drop your comments, criticisms for encouragement. Thanks and God bless
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2016
EPISODE 3:

It’s day five at the office. I think I should stop keeping count. It’s not like I’m leaving anytime soon. The weirdest thing is happening right now. For the first time in my five day journey here, Sandra was late. Okay it’s almost twelve. This is worse than lateness. Could she be ill? Or worse an accident?. Now I’m freaking out. Of all days for this to happen, it had to be today that I’m all dressed up. I’m wearing heels for the first time since my convocation; unfortunately I’ve fallen twice today. Clumsy Audrey unfortunately.

All for one reason. Thank God it’s not him this time. All for Sandra’s words. Your real work starts tomorrow or today. Lol whatever. I tried to look like her – all poise and polished.

“Sandra won’t be joining us today”

I shook in my seat. How long has he been here? Staring at me thinking. My heart started to race. I managed to glance at him. Couldn’t even dare stand. I was sure in a less than a heartbeat I would be on the floor if I did. Bloody shoes. Bloody clumsy Audrey. Sigh

He continued “you look nice by the way, I love the shoes.” I started to smile…way too much.

He gave me a side smile – the one that could pass for the whatsapp smirk smiley. Then said “what have you been doing all week…buffering? If you keep dressing like this trust me you would last longer than Sandra did”

last longer than Sandra did? I thought she wasn’t just joining us today. She’s gone? Now I’m confused.

“Why isn’t she joining us today?” I had to ask.

“You don’t say thanks when people compliment you? Remind me never to compliment you again.” Ouch. Audrey the forgetful child. Always falling my hand.

“I – I totally forgot, I’m sorry thank you. Please d-don’t take it that way. I take compliments. I-I love compliments I’ve j-just been pretty worried…” Stamering and mumbling over words. Typical Audrey style.

He chuckled. Now this is awkward. What’s funny?

“babe you need to chill out, am I that intimidating? What would my compliments do to you. Wow I was just messing with you” he said.

“Oh.” Was all I could utter. I should be given the donkey of the day.

“Anyways you asked about Sandra yeah?” I nodded in approval. “Yeah she’s not joining us today – or any other day.”

I guess he could sense my confusion. He continued “I realized her staying longer would cause a lot of damage to the- ”

“Damage, how?” I cut in.

“you are one inquisitive little girl” he said in a naughty tone. Little girl? My butterflies are back again. Your supposed friend just got laid off and you’re having tingling sensations for the guy that fired her. Nice move A.

“Yes Damage. To everything. Don’t ask any more questions. I have a meeting now. I’ll be back soon.”

“okay sir”

He rolled his eyes. “it’s Ebuka”

Sigh.

“sorry, Ebuka”

“you say sorry too much woman” he shook his head lightly – like he was trying to shake off my stupidity. Then walked away. He was about a few inches close to opening the door when he turned suddenly.

Then muttered “Don’t leave Audrey, we have important things to discuss”

Just like that he was gone. Living me to my confusion and somewhat misery.

The way he said those last words. There was some seriousness in his eyes. The obvious commanding tone. And fear. Nah I’m reading wrong. He couldn’t be scared. Ebuka couldn’t be scared of me. Neeh. The other way round.

What meeting was he even going for? He looked too nervous and in a hurry for the MD and chairman of the meeting. Except it wasn’t an organizational meeting. Whatever. What’s my business anyways. I have worse things to worry about.

like what did he mean by damage?

To everything? What everything?

what could a common employee like Sandra possibly damage?

my eyes suddenly caught the camera.

bloody Cameras and recorders

Wait a minute. Audrey you’re smarter than this.

She was saying something then suddenly caught off. Because of the cameras and recorders! Meaning she had something to say but couldn’t due to fear of the cameras and recorders.

Now she is suddenly laid off.

Audrey you know what to do.

He’ll be back soon. Do it quickly.

I quickly picked up my bag. Ransacked the whole thing. Yes I’m very clumsy. Finally found my phone in the outer pocket. Whew!

Went straight to the dailer. Bleep I don’t have the number here. Ransacked my bag again. This time for my appointment letter. Boom. Finally.

Quickly copied the number and dialed. Yaay it’s ringing. Please please pick please pick. Yes!

“hey Sandra, it’s me Audrey -”

“don’t ever call this number again”

Before I could protest, the call was cut. Arrrgh. I called back. Switched off.

okay now I am really freaked out. What the hell is going on! I need to leave this place.

The door opened.

It was him.

My heart skipped a beat.

Arrrgh.

So much for wanting to leave.
Re: Way Out Of My League by bqlekan(m): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Way better here
Re: Way Out Of My League by bqlekan(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Wow, nice story so far, I like the suspense and how you described every character/scene. Go on
Re: Way Out Of My League by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2016
I hope you finish the story tho, I love the suspense and side-talks. Thumbs up!
Re: Way Out Of My League by jacy67(f): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice story
**rushes to the front row with cold lacasara and gala
I just hope you will update regularly
Re: Way Out Of My League by ObaKlaz: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Owojuyi:
Please drop your comments, criticisms for encouragement. Thanks and God bless
Wait up... Didn't you point out this isn't your work? So, why should comments and criticisms (criticism especially) matter much to you (Just saying)?! This is good, crisp and refreshing though. Keep the dice rolling. I'll butt in with the criticisms where appropriate. I'm HOOKED!!!
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Wait up... Didn't you point out this isn't your work? So, why should comments and criticisms (criticism especially) matter much to you (Just saying)?! This is good, crisp and refreshing though. Keep the dice rolling. I'll butt in with the criticisms where appropriate. I'm HOOKED!!!

So I can pass it to the writer and she will know where to adjust
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
EPISODE 4:

He walked in looking very upset. His eyebrows were so squeezed together, I was sure he was in so much pain keeping them that way.

He barely glanced at me when he said “give me a minute to clear my head”. All I could do was nod. I was still suprised at his expression. Who could have angered him this much. He left for the meeting looking all nervous and uneasy and now he’s back with rage. I wonder what meeting that was.

A few minutes later.

Beep Beep. It was Sandra’s intercom. Should I pick it or not? I asked myself. I finally resolved to picking it. I strolled over to her table but by the time I got there the call had ended. Sigh. My sluggishness at work again.

The door opened. He stood in the doorway looking at me frustrated.

“Audrey why didn’t you pick that call?” He said with a sigh. “Nevermind just come, I was the one calling”. And he left.

I resolved to not thinking about anything and just go with the flow. Even though as I walked into the office my heart was in my mouth.If he wanted to harm or kill me I’ll be dead by now so murder is out of it . I thought to myself.

“have a seat Audrey we are past politeness and curtesy stage, plus I’m not even in the mood, I just need someone to talk to, can you do that, talk to me?”

I fought the urge to say nigga we are talking. I nodded in agreement.

“yeah if this is going to be productive or helpful you’re going to have to stop nodding….arrrgh” he glanced at me deeply. He began to scan my face as if looking for something. “Why do you look so uneasy? What’s up?”

“n-nothing” I stammered.

he raised an eyebrow “you sure?”

I was sure as hell freaking out. The phone call with Sandra was freaking me out. His out of the blues anger was freaking me out. But I didn’t want him to know. So I took a deep breath and replied. “I’m fine Ebuka, let’s talk, what’s up?”

“Do you have a dad?” His question startled me. What’s his business with my dad. I wondered.

“I do” I said in a low voice.

“how does he treat you?” He continued.

“Err, like a normal dad. Good. I guess. Abi I know” I was confused.

“mine treats me like shit Audrey. Shit!” He closed his eyes and shook his head. He continued,”you know the meeting I just came back from? Yeah he was there. And as usual rubbished me in front of everyone”

No wonder he was so nervous when he was leaving. But I thought he is the MD or CEO…why would his dad be at his meetings.

“Why was your dad at the meeting?” I had to ask.

“Well he’s the owner. I am just the managing director, I’m on probation, he doesn’t think I’m man enough to take over complete ownership of the company” I could sense his pain from the tone of his voice.

” You? Not man enough? You’re like the manliest man I know” he giggled. I realized I sounded like a kid. I had to redeem myself, it couldn’t obviously be physical attributes. “Before I came on Monday I did a quick research on you and the company. You are smart – a nerd. I saw the numerous awards you bagged at school and the ones from various associations. You’re a pro. You look smart. Talk smart. Act smart. Elude intelligence” I was talking too much. But I guess he needed it because he smiled.

“thank you. But then my dad is sick.” He shook his head again.

” Sick as in…” I trailed off. I couldn’t obviously ask the obvious. If it wasn’t mental illness I would be in deep shit. He looked up at me.

“Sick Audrey. Sick as in mental…” He trailed off. Then narrowed his eyes. “Wait a minute…have you signed the non-disclosure agreement? ” I looked at him with confusion. He cursed, then walked to his shelf and picked out a file tagged “Audrey” on the topmost section. He sighed and dumped it in front of me.

“I’ve said too much already, sign it” he said with a deep voice.

Why in heavens name am I signing a non-disclosure agreement. Agreed we are getting personal. But who signs non-disclosure agreement in Nigeria? Now I get why Sandra couldn’t tell me shit. What could he possibly have to tell me that is so deep that I can’t gist anyone about. Rich people though. Ugh. But why was Sandra so freaked out. Why is this agreement thingy making me uneasy.

“and if I don’t sign it?” I asked.

“There’s no If here Audrey. Sign the goddam thing.” He snapped.

“what would you possible be hiding? I don’t get this” I was really confused.

He scoffed and hissed. “Women are annoying man!… Babe this is a company people sign non- disclosure agreements all the time, except you’re a talkative you shouldn’t have a problem with this. Stop acting like a village girl.” I had never seen him talk and explain so much. He looked frustrated.

I knew it was a stupid move but I signed it without even glancing much at the content.

Audrey what are you getting yourself into?

I pray your inquisitiveness wouldn’t get you into trouble one day.

Sigh.

Non-disclosure agreement.
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
EPISODE 5:

imageAs I gave him the sheet back, my hands began to tremble. For some weird reason I was feeling uneasy and nauseous. Ebuka Williams. Why am I signing a non-disclosure agreement with you.

He took off his jacket, loosened his tie and opened a few of buttons. There was something sexual about those innocent movements he made. I started to feel butterflies again. I looked at his chest, so wide. His shoulders eluded complete masculinity.

His beards, I imagined them tickling me in all the right places. His lips, he licked them. Those had to be soft.

“Audrey!!” His voice brought me back to reality. “I have been trying to get your attention for like some minutes, what the hell are you thinking about?” He was obviously mad.

“I’m sorry errm, I have a lot going on at home”I lied.

“it’s fine, you were asking a question, I want to answer it” he said flatly. That pain I sensed earlier in day came flashing over his face again. “Yes, about your dad” I replied.

“my dad is sick, he’s dying, mental disease caused by brain tumor” he looked at his feet. “I should be sad, well my dad is dying, a true son should be sad, but I aint. I’m hurt, not cause his dying…because of what he did, what he’s doing” his mouth was shaking, he shook his head with pain.

“what is he doing? Or what did he do?” I had to ask. My chest was throbbing already.

“he willed everything to him. An illegal child. I knew he never loved me nor my mum but mum was too blind, even in death she still believed his lies” he sat at the edge of the table, placed his left Palm over his temple and eyes.

I was shocked. Ebukas dad had an affair. Illegal child? Him? Ebuka Williams has a sibling? A brother?.

“so if he willed everything to this illegal child why are you the one controlling his largest estate now ?” I was probing too much. But f**k it mehn I already signed a freaking non-disclosure I can as well ask any thing.

“I-I had to do the inconceivable” he stammered. “Sandra helped” he added.

What-is-he-saying? Why am I having a feeling like I should hear no more.

“what did you do Ebuka?” It took all the strength I had in the world to ask that.

“I – We – she – I” he turned away till he was totally backing me. He went mute. What could be so deep that he was this scared of saying. We were quiet for minutes. Then he finally turned.

“there’s something about you Audrey, I dunno that intrigues me.” He had totally changed the topic. He looked perplexed.

“you’re beautiful, from the first day I saw that cute passport on your cv, I knew I was whipped” what is he saying? My heart was racing and I wasn’t sure why anymore. Was it cause I was was nervously waiting for the answer of the other questions I had asked or was it cause Ebuka Williams just said he was whipped by me?. All I know is I smiled. He smiled back.

“but it wasn’t just your beauty, I could sense intelligence. Amidst your obvious clumsyness I could see a strong woman capable of anything” he looked at me with glittering eyes. ” I wish you were the one here, the one that helped. Not Sandra. That girl is a bloody waste. I knew she badluck but I was in dire need of salvation.” I was confused but at same time elated. I looked at my feet, couldn’t meet that burning gaze.

“Sandra was a good girl with a promising future, too bad it all had to end this way” he touched my face. I was alarmed. When did he walk over to me. He raised my chin to meet his gaze. He looked deep into my eyes. My heart had literarily stopped beating.

“can I trust you Audrey?” His face was so close. “Yes” I said in a whisper. “It’s a lot Audrey, it would blow your mind, it would change your life. ” I was confused. As if he saw my panicked face he added “for the better obviously” he smiled. I nodded in approval. Then he left my chin. He rose back to his full height without leaving my eyes.

For some weird reason I was breathless.

“Would you mind if I kissed you?” His question startled me. I didn’t know what to answer. I sure as hell wouldn’t have minded. But with the intense conversation we had just had I was worried it was a test.

“I don’t know” I said in a low voice. I doubted he heard me.

“I don’t know is not an answer Audrey. If you don’t say no before I’m less than an inch close to you. I’ll take you right here in this office” those words gave me throbs like I had never felt in my life. No one had ever spoken to me like that. I had dated two guys my whole life and none had ever been so blunt with thier desire.

I didn’t want that. Not right now. Not with so many unsettling unanswered questions lying all over the place. He hadn’t answered my question what did he mean by the inconceivable. His breath against my skin made me remember his previous words. Bleep I hadn’t said no. I quickly muttered “no Ebuka, I mean yes I’ll mind”

“too late” were the last words I heard before he claimed my lips. I was darn right. His lips were soft. And man was he a good kisser. He sucked lightly on my upper lip, lingered a little and gently bit my lower lip. He was teasing me. He placed his arm on the small of my back and gently bent his face towards my left ear.

He bit it and whispered. “I need to get rid of Sandra” his other hand went to my left breast, I moaned. He continued “and you’re going to help me”.

Getting rid of Sandra? Was that like murder? My heart started to pound. Dear lord. He couldn’t mean that. Or could he? Please Let this be a dream.

I moaned again.

Okay not the pleasure part.

2 Likes

Re: Way Out Of My League by ObaKlaz: 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Owojuyi:

So I can pass it to the writer and she will know where to adjust
Alright. *Welldone!
Re: Way Out Of My League by Missmossy(f): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Interesting piece, work more on the arrangement of your paragraphs and spacing also.
Re: Way Out Of My League by Ridwan0100(m): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
Following ma'am
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
EPISODE 6:

It was morning. I yawned. Then stretched my body like my usual fashion in the mornings. I had a fab night. Made love with my all time crush and BOSS. Damn Audrey, you’re sure way out of your league. The aftermath feeling was surreal. I was too happy. I knew I was reading too much into it but I couldn’t help the feeling of being wanted and bedded by Ebuka Williams.

That reminds me. I looked towards his side of the bed. He wasn’t there. I looked at the time. 11:00am. Ewo! He has a meeting for 10 this morning I screeched out. What a secretary. I quickly scrambled to my feet and used the bed spread to cover whatever dignity I had left.

I looked around scanning for my clothes. Couldn’t find any. Ugh where the heck have my clothes gone. I noticed the wall in front of his table had a yellow paper taped to it. “Over here” was written boldly on it. I rushed there. Saw a note on the table.

HEY LOVE. HAD TO RUSH FOR MY MEETING. A CHANGE OF CLOTHES IS IN THE BOX ON THE CHAIR. SEE YOU LATER.

Hey Love? Love? My heart danced with excitement. I sighed. Last night was just not about pleasure then. I smiled wide. Picked up the box and placed it on the table. Hmmm.

There was a beautiful black dress in it. Wow. When did he get this? We were pretty much occupied last night. I grinned at the thought.

Except he always has extra clothes for sluts he did in his office. The thought of that caused me to frown. Useless girls giving him thier bodies. I fought the urge to curse them. Then I realized I was a slut too. Slept with a man that didnt even say he liked me talk less of take me out on a date. He did say he was whipped though. Oh well. Whatever the outcome the deed has been done. I noticed the new set of under wears. Hmm how thoughtful. He sure has experience with women.

An hour later,

I was struggling with the zipper of my dress when I heard his voice.

“let me help with that” he walked towards me. My heart started to race. He did it up then turned me around. He smiled. ” you look beautiful”.

I blushed “Thank you”

He eyes swept through my whole body up till my feet.

“And you’re sure as hell goddam sexy. I wanna rip off that dress so bad…but we have things to do right now so later.” I nodded like a child responding to an adult. “Tonight” he added. Then handed me my hand bag. He reached out his palm to me. I placed mine in it and we walked hand in hand back to his office. There was something intimate about it. I sighed. And just as if he heard my thoughts he left my palm immediately and walked a step quicker than before. Weird Human. I thought to myself.

“have a seat Audrey” he was Back to his official boss-like behavior. “Yes sir” I said waiting for his correction. He didn’t correct me. Sigh. I pushed my luck.

“Have you heard from Sandra since she left?”

“Uhm I…” I trailed off. “No I haven’t” I lied.

“But you called her on Thursday” he said with a frown. Ugh. How did he know.

“I forgot” I said in shame.

“Audrey for this to work, I have to be able to trust your words else I’ll get another Audrey to eliminate you too” I gasped. Was he threatening me?

As if he saw the horror on my face. He forced a laugh. “I’m kidding baby” he called me baby? I grinned.

“I promise to always be truthful to you”

He looked at me with glittering eyes and said “Good girl”. He continued “back to business, you’re going to pay Sandra a visit today”

my heart pounding. I remembered his last words last night before he claimed me. I want to get rid of Sandra and you’re going to help me.

“Did you really mean what you said yesterday?” My voice was low.

“I meant everything I said Audrey”

“I mean the part of getting rid of Sandra, what do you mean by that?” My heart started to race.

“What do you think?” He smirked.

“kill her? Murder?” My mouth shook with every word.

“darling I’m not a murderer” I was relieved. “Sandra is” he added. My mouth suddenly went dry. Was that why she was so terrified that I would found out her little secret. Dear Lord. She’s a killer.

“then how do you intend to get rid of her?” Inquisitive me probbed again.

“Jail. Life imprisonment. She needs to pay for what she did” his mouth shook.

“Oh. wow. Cant you just report her to the police? Why do you need me?” Where do I bloody fit into all these. I wondered.

“it’s complicated. She has things that would make me look bad. Things that would implicate me.” He said each word so slowly.

“but you’re…” I paused. Gathered strength and asked “you’re innocent, right?”

He frowned.

“stupid question forgive me, what I’m I going to do at her place today?”

“You’re going to lie”

Three hours later. Sandra’s home.

Finding her home was easy. Ebuka was a walking detective or I guess he payed someone to find it out. We had rehearsed everything I was going to say for two hours long. But still as I stood there I knew I sucked at lying. I remembered Ebukas last words “be safe, she’s quite impulsive and brutal”.

I knocked hard on the gate. My heart started to race. I was helping to get justice I reminded myself.

I heard a male voice. “I’m coming”

As he opened the door, the striking resemblance made me realize it was her brother.

“Sandra’s friend?” He asked. He was huge. His hard muscles made me sure he worked out. One punch from him and I knew I was dead.

Ebuka didn’t tell me she had a brother.

“Yes I am” I smiled. “She home?” He nodded and beckoned to me to come in. As I entered I noticed the fence was higher than normal. Ugh Audrey stop scaring yourself.

The house was massive. I didn’t expect anything less. As we walked in I realized they had too many doors. And he kept locking each one with a key from one key holder he held.

My heart started to pound real hard. Could this have been a plot between Ebuka and Sandra to kill me?

We got to the parlour.

She stood.

“what the hell are you doing here?”

I was about to start my play acting when I noticed she had a gun in her hand.

I passed out.
Re: Way Out Of My League by Ridwan0100(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
I was about to start my play acting when I noticed she had a gun in her hand.[b][/b]

I passed out

These part got me laffing

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 9:14am On May 01, 2016
EPISODE 7:

I opened my eyes. Twirled around the bed. That sleep was needed, I thought to myself till I took close observation of my environment. Wait a minute. Where the hell am I?

For some weird reason I was blank. This wasn’t Ebukas room. The memories suddenly hit me. I was in Sandra’s house! She had a gun. I’m alive? Why didn’t she just kill me?

The door opened. My heart skipped a beat. Sandra and her brother walked in. “Finally she’s awake” he said. “I’ll leave you both to talk”. Then he was gone. I should have been relieved but rather my fear hightened.

She sat on the bed. “What the hell are you doing in my home? I told you never to call me. And you do the worst?!” She was shouting.

what did we rehearse? What the hell am I supposed to say? I couldn’t remember shit? Arrrgh.

“my head hurts I need water and a painkiller” was all I could manage.

“you would get that when you get home”

“I’m going home?” I was suprised.

“did you plan to stay over?” She looked at me with confusion.

“the gun. Y-you you had a-a gun” I stammered.

she laughed. “You’re kidding right? Gun? Where?”

“In your hand…” I trailed off.

“I don’t get you Audrey… Oh wait, earlier? In the sitting room?” I nodded.

“Ahh Audrey I always knew you were timid but delusional? This is deep… I was holding a hair dryer!”

the moment came flashing back. Oh my God.

“oh shit” was all I could manage.

she squeezed her brows together and raised one up. ” why in heavens name would you think I would have a gun? do I look like a criminal?” I didn’t answer. “Wait…that’s why you passed out?” She started laughing.

I had never felt so stupid my whole life. To make matters worse I still can’t remember shit. I’ll just have to improvise. The idea was to get close to her and be her friend. Ebuka pointed that all her friends were abroad and she was new in the country as such Sandra would not hesitate to embrace a new friend as long as I can prove I’m trustworthy. Finally, the memories were coming back.

“enough of the jokes. What are you doing here honestly?”

” I- I came for answers” oops that was off-script.

“What answers?”

“To everything, why did you leave like that, what did you want to tell me that day?” As much as I believed Ebuka was innocent I couldn’t help but question Sandra being a killer. This girl doesn’t look so bad. If she was a killer I’ll be dead.

“I know Ebuka sent you” oops. Is that why she didn’t kill me because Ebuka would expose her? God help me discern the truth. I prayed silently.

“Ebuka?” I scoffed. “That bastard” lol off script but serves the same purpose. “He doesn’t take two glances at me, he has been so distant lately. Like something is bugging him. Weirdly I feel it has a lot to do with you” Actress Audrey activated.

she looked convinced. “Really? Good for him” she grinned. “Next time he won’t be such a traitor” as she said that last word I saw a flash of pain. Something told me there was some element of truth to the statement. Ebuka had said not to believe a word she said. But this lady staring at me looked too frigging innocent and bloody harmless.

“Sandra I’m in dire need of answers. I’m loosing my mind. Ebuka is being mute. You too can’t. I could have left the company but cause of the bloody 3 year service agreement I’m stuck there”

“I can’t tell you anything because I know Ebuka sent you.”

“he didn’t. Why would he?”

she brought out my phone. Handed it over to me. I looked at it. 21 missed calls, an unsaved number.

“Doesn’t still suggest anything it’s an unsaved number”

” Audrey I know Ebukas number in my sleep, he doesn’t know I do but I crammed it for situations like this”

“you’re mistaken” I then realized he said he would call with an unsaved number just Incase I was running late. But 21 missed calls? Ebuka? That was unlike him. Could this mean he actually cared?

“Dial the number and put it on speaker” Sandra said in what sounded like a command.

“Nah, it’s not Ebuka. And whoever it is might want to have a private conversation with-”

“Bloody Dial the number!” This time it wasn’t her voice. It was her brother’s. The previous poise and friendliness was replaced with an anger I couldn’t recognize. Had he been eavesdropping on our conversation?. He walked into the room and looked at me like a lion ready to devour its prey.

“David, I can handle this-”

“No! I’m taking it from here” he walked towards me and yanked the phone from my hands. “I’m dailing the number and I swear if it isn’t anyone other than Ebuka Matthew Williams. Forget ever being born”

Ebuka paced back and forth his sitting room. For some weird reason he was worried. He knew Sandra was impulsive, but he doubted she would do anything drastic.

It was 8pm. Audrey was supposed to be back by now or at least given him a call to say she was fine. He had never been this worried about anyone in his life, especially a woman. Women were just for pleasure and to pass time. But Audrey, Audrey wasn’t just any woman unfortunately.

He rembered how she slept. The way she snuggled around him. She looked so peaceful, so innocent and damn beautiful. Who looks that gorgeous while they slept. Arrrgh! She was creeping her way into his thoughts, his mind…his heart? He shook his head. That wasn’t possible. He felt nothing for her. Just attraction maybe. She was merely a means to end. And he was just worried because a valuable part of his escape plan was being compromised. He knew that was a lie, but he couldn’t dare explore the alternative. He didn’t need that right now.

His phone rang. He rushed to it. Finally! Audrey. He Picked up the phone and…
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 9:17am On May 01, 2016
EPISODE 8:

I looked at Sandra and back at her brother with the most pleading look I have ever created my whole life. Still it wasn’t enough to melt the anger on his face and anguish on Sandra’s face. For some reason she looked worried. A huge contrast to the mean look on her brothers. These people don’t look like siblings.So different. I sighed. this is the least of my worries, I thought to myself.

“He didn’t pick, hmmm, I’m going to dail this number till I fucking get an answer!” He roared.

Sandra looked really sober.”Babe we both want justice but not like this-”

“shut up” he cut in. He picked up the phone and dialed again.

Ebuka if that’s you don’t pick please. I hoped silently. I looked at Sandra, she gave me a sorry look.

Ebukas fingers shook. Why did this woman have to come now. She couldn’t know about any of this. The less people that knew the better. His phone started ringing again. Arrrgh Audrey I’m sorry I just can’t pick now. Please be fine.

“Ebuka why are you not picking that?” Mrs Williams asked. Shit. Step Mama had to notice. “It’s nothing” he managed. “It’s not nothing, see its ringing again. Something I should know before I yank it from your hand?”

“Mum it’s nothing” she yanked it out of his hand. Oh shit. I have to make up something. “Mum it’s a wrong number the person has been calling me all day, all these spam people that deceive people with won contracts, I mistakenly dialed the number now she won’t stop calling me”

She didn’t look convinced and so she picked up the phone and swiped the answer button.

The sudden noise from the phone caused my heart to sink. It was a woman’s voice. Wow Ebuka is with someone else. At least I’m not going to die. I sighed.

“I want to speak with Ebuka I know he’s there” he said through clenched teeth.

“are you stupid, I just said its a wrong number never dial this number again!” The lady snapped. Fiesty- just like her lover. I scoffed.

“Oh really? What about Mathew that’s his middle name you familiar with that?” He persisted.

“I’ll call the authorities on you. I dialed your number by mistake. I’ve told you this is a wrong line, yet you’re still asking me about people I don’t know. This is bloody nonsense. ” she hissed and dropped the call.

He looked at me and said “Get out of my house and never come back or else” he smirked “I don’t need to tell you, you know” then he stood up and left.

Sandra and I stared at each other without saying a word. She stood up and finally broke the silence, “I warned you Audrey, do not let him get into your head. Ebuka is not who you think he is, be safe and never ever come here again, David – my brother won’t be so nice next time”

“does he have a personal beef with Ebuka?” I couldn’t understand David’s anger in this whole saga.

“darling somethings are better left unsaid, let’s just say he’s very protective of me, go home Audrey and stay away from Ebuka, else you would go down with him…the doors are open” then she was gone.

Shit. When I think I’m making progress more questions. Who the hell is Ebuka anyways. “A liar and a Casanova” I said aloud. I just left for a day and he has someone else. Wow. I shook my head and stood up, straightened my clothes and picked up my bag.

She dropped the phone and looked him straight in the eyes.

“Ebuka Mathew Williams, who was that?”

“Mathew? When did you start calling me Mathew” he looked at her with amusement.

“Since your supposed unknown female caller with a male voice called you Mathew”

” male voice? When did Audrey sound like a man” he unconsciously slipped.

“oh an unknown caller suddenly has a name?”

“what? Ma?” he acted oblivious.

She shook her head. “I’m smart Ebuka don’t play me for a fool. Start talking. Only myself, your dad, you and your late mum know about Mathew. You have never used Mathew in a document so whoever that is knows you personally or has had you thoroughly investigated.” In a lowered voice she whispered “that man didn’t sound nice, you in trouble pumpkin ?”

Ebuka sighed. As much as he knew this woman loved him, she was still married to his Father. He couldn’t tell her anything.

“mum I’m fine alright. Trust me on this”

she sighed, “okay just be safe, this world is getting mad”

“I would ma, I love you”

“I love you too my son”

They switched the topic and an hour later she was gone. As the door closed behind her Ebuka sank into his chair. Audrey was with a man??!!!! He was boiling with rage. So it was because of a man, she didn’t pick his calls. Ugh. She was disgusting. He wondered why he was that mad. “she’s not mine so why am I this mad!” He snapped at himself. Then he remembered Mathew, he never told Audrey his name was Mathew, except she was snooping around? Or was there really a threat like mama said? He picked up his phone and stared at his log. I’m going to fish you out. No one snoops in on Ebuka Williams’ business and gets away. Back to Audrey she was going to explain why a man picked up her phone. Arrant nonesense. He picked up his phone. She would explain herself.

As I walked down the staircase of Sandra’s house, I got a glimpse of my face. I looked crappy. Ugh! I quickly adjusted my hair and wiped away every bount of oiliness. There was no doubt that Ebuka wasn’t who I thought he was. He has wronged this people greatly and now he has wronged me. How do I look him in the eyes tommorow. Bloody greedy human. I left for a day and he got down with someone else. He isn’t bae Audrey, get a grip of yourself! I snapped with a tap on my leg.

My thoughts got interrupted by voices. It was Sandra’s and Davids. They were arguing about something. Or not. It was coming from a nearby door. I was torn. To eavesdrop or nah? I settled on eavesdropping. Maybe I would finally get answers.

“Babe you took it far, admit it!” She keeps calling him babe. Nawa.

“my love what did you expect, I was mad…seeing someone working with him…working for that bastard made me lose it” he sounded softer than the previous mad animal I encountered.

“I understand but imagine her telling Ebuka I have an angry brother that knows his middlename… He’s smart. He would suspect, I don’t want to lose you. You’re the best thing that God brought my way”

“You’re right, if Ebuka ever found out I was still alive, we both are finished” he acknowledged.

“Enough talk about Ebuka, come I need some good loving” I heard kissing sounds. Siblings kissing? This doesn’t add up.

She giggled, “you’re just like your brother, Fiesty and naughty” another kissing sound.

Oh my God, Was David the illegal child Ebuka talked about?. Sandra was having an affair with…with..Ebukas brother?!

My phone rang. Shit!
Re: Way Out Of My League by Owojuyi(f): 9:21am On May 01, 2016
EPISODE 9:

I struggled with the screen, of all the times for the screen touch to have problems it had to be now. I finally managed to turn it off. I started to hear rumbling sounds from the door. I hope they didn’t hear me. I took to my heels. Ran as fast as I could till I made it out of the compound. As I boarded an “Okada” I took one last glance at the house and noticed David staring at me. I couldn’t see his expression. I just hope he didn’t know I was eavesdropping.

The past three weeks have been the craziest of my life. From the first day I stepped into that office and right up till now, revelations upon revelations have been the order of the day. I have deep feelings for a man that doesn’t even give a hoot about me. A man that is terribly way out of my league. A man I’m so mad at right now. I left for a day, to help him and he took another woman in. We aren’t dating but still I expected more from him.

Sandra is a killer? Yet she defended me so much against her outraged brother. Their words “if Ebuka ever found out I was alive we are finished” weighed a lot. Meaning Ebuka wanted him dead. I can never forget his words the first day he opened up to me “I did the inconceivable, Sandra helped”. The only thing that all these could mean is Ebuka wanted David dead and he convinced Sandra to do the dirty work. Unfortunately she fell in love with him and couldn’t.

David looked like he had plans for Ebuka. Should I tell Ebuka what I know or not? He isnt even worth telling he’s a killer. A liar and an arrogant fool. He should pay for his crimes. Him and that woman he brought to his house. I scoffed.

the next morning.

I was dressed up. For some weird reason I felt a need to look good. I wore a bandage dress that clung to every part of my body. I could never forget my mums look before she left for her trip to trade fare, it was pure amazement. She had never seen me in the dress. I wore it only once at school and I turned basically every head in Unlag that day. I smiled at the thought.

I looked pretty too. I knew why I was doing all these. To get back at him. I picked up my bag and ran off to work.

At his office.

“why are you this late?!” He roared as he consumed my complete look from head to toe. I saw a flash of desire in his eyes.

“I didn’t want to come in and interrupt anything” I said in a haughty tone.

“Wha-what d-do you mean?” He stammered. I was getting to him. I smiled.

“can you not pretend please, she’s gone don’t mean you should deny Her” I said with an annoyed expression.

“Audrey, honestly you’re not making sense, who’s gone? I’ve been in this office for the past two days worried sick about you because of where you went. I call you severally you don’t pick up. I finally get you and a man picks! Really?! I was worried and you were with a man! Now youre trying to use reverse psychology…you’re disgusting” he said. I was speechless. Disgusting?

what the hell was he even talking about. What man? Oh!

“David?! Really? That’s the person you’re talking about” I said. oops did I just say David.

“David! Who the hell is David, oh your lover has a name…ugh I’m done with this conversation” he turned away and walked to his office. I was burning with rage. I went after him. We aren’t done with this conversation as far as I am concerned. I barged into his office. I caught him unawares as he gave me a startled look.

“Audrey get out of my office” he ordered.

“No Mathew not until I’m done with this conversation” I said with so much confidence that I overawed myself. He was speechless. The Mathew thing shocked him equally. He just stared at me with no words.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I wasn’t with any man. You called me severally yes. I didn’t pick because my phone was confiscated…” I couldn’t tell him the fainting part, that would be too humiliating. “I was threatened and mentally tortured by a man. Sandra’s brother” I saw a flash of rage on his face.

“Did he touch you?” He was tensed.

“no he didn’t…he suspected you were the one that sent me and threatened to do something terrible if you were the one that picked… Fortunately your mistress picked”

“my mistress?” He asked. Giggled a little then said “Audrey that was my mother!”

“your mother is late Ebuka…please save your lies” I was getting even more irritated.

“She’s not my biological mother, my step mum actually…but I love her so she’s mum now” he said then continued “wow we are amazing, I was mad at you thinking you were with another man and you were mad at me thinking I was with another woman…wait Audrey whats going on with us?”

“I don’t know, you tell me” I said in a low voice.

He stared at me quietly for some minutes. Then began to scan my face as if searching for something.

Finally he spoke with a tone I couldn’t recognize, “I have feelings for you Audrey…it’s crazy but…I think I’m in love with you”
Re: Way Out Of My League by Missmossy(f): 1:25pm On May 01, 2016
Keep it coming!!

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of My League by CuteChiluv: 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
Hmmmm , following ooo, waiting for the misteries to be unraved, well done

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of My League by Flygeriansteve: 6:36pm On May 01, 2016
You better continue this story before angry smiley
Following

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patient [part 6] 18+ / Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 7 / Quicky With My My Future Sister-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.