Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now (20240 Views)

Root Gionee M5 Mini Marshmallow 6.0 With Latest Kingroot 5.0.1 / Tecno Y6 Gets Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by femdevcon(f): 6:07am On Apr 28, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-xTa9v4DvbtA/VyGIXnL-TxI/AAAAAAAAD5A/Y_NGd5qAK_QKpTnmZLZvyil56zp5VhutwCLcB/s1600/mobile-605422_1920.jpg[/img]

Though The Recent Update of Android Marshmallow 6.0 comes with couple of improvements and Promising Features, These update is not for everyone out there as it comes with a lot of Issues
I have received hundreds of messages by fans complaining about numerous Challenges they faces After updating their Android Devices to Marshmallow 6.0.

Well These Article is not convincing of you not to update your Device to Mashmalow 6.0 But to make you realize the whole issues that await after Updating.

1.Marshmallow Drains battery:

Genuine Battery Drainage is one major issue of Marshmallow. I have received many complaints about battery drainage by my blog Readers.
The best asnswer to what cause this genuine battery drainage is due to several background processes which Marshmallow featured

2.Marshmallow app crashes or freezes:

This is another issue associated with Marshmallow Update is random app crashes and occassional freezing which is attributed to mismatch API Issues.
Marshmallow is API 23 and not all apps are compatible with it yet).

3.Marshmallow randomly reboots Itself: this is a common issues that await you almost immediately after you have updated your device to 6.0 mostly when plugged into power.

4. Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems:
With no reasonable explanation to this Marshmallow sometimes fails to locate WiFi network even when in WiFi Range.

Though this can be fix by toggling the airplane mode and re scanning the network again. But must we have to go through all these every time?

5. Marshmallow data problems:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

6. Marshmallow performance problems:

General system sluggishness is another frequent complaint following an Android update Marshmallow lag a lot with a frustrating gaming experience

Conclusion: before Clicking that Update Button put in mind the challenges you will be Greeted with after the update . however we await Google quick fix to this Promising Update.

if you are still Hellbent and still want to update your Device to Marshmallow and live with this problems

This fixes will help you

You can do a factory reset in the Android settings by going to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Alternatively you can do the same thing from recovery, by turning your device off and following the steps outlined in the battery drain section of this article. Remember, the exact button combination is different for different manufacturers.

Watch out for my next Article on comprehensive fix to some of these Issues

SOURCE:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/6-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-update-your.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by 2cato: 6:23am On Apr 28, 2016
Ours is to consume and not to complain

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by xamiel4(m): 7:21am On Apr 28, 2016
Big lie. I upgraded my htc one m8 to android 6 a week after I bought and it was really wonderful. Maybe android 6 slacks on your phone that is why you think it should be the same on everyone's phone. Ignore joor.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Michaellegend(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2016
u guys will just paste info that are not verified...this is my best mobile experience so far..u will get real value for ur money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2016
femdevcon:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-xTa9v4DvbtA/VyGIXnL-TxI/AAAAAAAAD5A/Y_NGd5qAK_QKpTnmZLZvyil56zp5VhutwCLcB/s1600/mobile-605422_1920.jpg[/img]

Though The Recent Update of Android Marshmallow 6.0 comes with couple of improvements and Promising Features, These update is not for everyone out there as it comes with a lot of Issues
I have received hundreds of messages by fans complaining about numerous Challenges they faces After updating their Android Devices to Marshmallow 6.0.

Well These Article is not convincing of you not to update your Device to Mashmalow 6.0 But to make you realize the whole issues that await after Updating.

1.Marshmallow Drains battery:

Genuine Battery Drainage is one major issue of Marshmallow. I have received many complaints about battery drainage by my blog Readers.
The best asnswer to what cause this genuine battery drainage is due to several background processes which Marshmallow featured

2.Marshmallow app crashes or freezes:

This is another issue associated with Marshmallow Update is random app crashes and occassional freezing which is attributed to mismatch API Issues.
Marshmallow is API 23 and not all apps are compatible with it yet).

3.Marshmallow randomly reboots Itself: this is a common issues that await you almost immediately after you have updated your device to 6.0 mostly when plugged into power.

4. Marshmallow Wi-Fi problems:
With no reasonable explanation to this Marshmallow sometimes fails to locate WiFi network even when in WiFi Range.

Though this can be fix by toggling the airplane mode and re scanning the network again. But must we have to go through all these every time?

5. Marshmallow data problems:
You may start experiencing occassional data disconnection and in most cases the network data wouldn't even come on.

6. Marshmallow performance problems:

General system sluggishness is another frequent complaint following an Android update Marshmallow lag a lot with a frustrating gaming experience

Conclusion: before Clicking that Update Button put in mind the challenges you will be Greeted with after the update . however we await Google quick fix to this Promising Update.

if you are still Hellbent and still want to update your Device to Marshmallow and live with this problems

This fixes will help you

You can do a factory reset in the Android settings by going to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Alternatively you can do the same thing from recovery, by turning your device off and following the steps outlined in the battery drain section of this article. Remember, the exact button combination is different for different manufacturers.

Watch out for my next Article on comprehensive fix to some of these Issues

SOURCE:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/6-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-update-your.html?m=1

Una go just dey post nonsense. U can as well yell us which phones are having problems with marshmallow. We all know marshmallow is way better than lollipop in every category. Its got doze for longer battery so I don't know where u got this ur info from. My lg g3 was a pain with lollipop but marshmallow brought life back into it. Also my s6 had ram management issues which greatly improved after marshmallow upgrade. If infinix phones are having issues after marshmallow upgrade, that's their problem but u can't just generalize everything.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Oahray: 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Una go just dey post nonsense. U can as well yell us which phones are having problems with marshmallow. We all know marshmallow is way better than lollipop in every category. Its got doze for longer battery so I don't know where u got this ur info from. My lg g3 was a pain with lollipop but marshmallow brought life back into it. Also my s6 had ram management issues which greatly improved after marshmallow upgrade. If infinix phones are having issues after marshmallow upgrade, that's their problem but u can't just generalize everything.
calm down, kiddo. Firmware upgrades usually come with bugs, else there wouldn't be updates (this is an integral part of software development) afterwards. Everyone knows this... Except you, maybe.

The point which you so conveniently missed is that when it comes to upgrading android OS (and Android M is the in thing now), it's usually best to wait till after some bug fixes for better user experience. He didn't even mention infinix.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Clean9agent: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Told a pal yesterday, he thought I was high again

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Battery drainage, wake up screen problems, app crashes was wat I experienced from marshmallow. Most annoying of all it takes close to 800mb of ram unlike lolipop dat takes 300mb
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by mrlaw93(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marshmallow ke? When am already rocking Pancake 7.0 on my phone.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by smartbingari(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mashmellow is the best it better than Lollipop I have been using it since January
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by ogaofficer(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
A friend of mine tried it, and he has been blaming himself since then.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Segadem(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by JohnnyBling(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol..my friend updated an elderly man's phone without permission claiming this marshmallow is "fresh and dope"...from that day phone start to misbehave,, from missing contacts to fast battery drainage.. My nigga had to spend 1.5k to "de-update" that stuff. . .

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by johnstar(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Segadem(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
ogaofficer:
A friend of mine tried it, and he has been blaming himself for that.
hmmmm
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by AZeD1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
OP go and find another job because everything you wrote is trash.

I've been using 6.0 for more then a year now.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by pholar(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Upgraded couple of days back.Flawless so far!
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by webguru(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Big lie
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by coldsummer: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
[size=18pt]i updated it and its working super well.

Battery life greatly improved.

overall phone performance highly efficient

phone is fast

does not hang.

PLEASE UPDATE
[/size]
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by klinpami(f): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
I would just wait

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by klinro(m): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Major cons of this update-

1. Now on Tap gives disruptive performance
2. Few features need new hardware
3. Android developers can override settings that are useful
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by caukerzee(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
SMH... Moderators of this forum have resulted to posting controversial topic for clicks. Bait article. Please no one should comment after seeing this.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Presbulg(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
The people above me disagree with you Op
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Ymodulus: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Typing...

Lies.. i use the samsung galaxy s7 edge. And have never experienced this
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Johnwires: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Clean9agent:
Told a pal yesterday, he thought I was high again
true
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by chxe: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Sorry Op.. but this post is rubbish. I have been using marshmallow. It is the best thing that happened to my phone..
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by tobiboss(m): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
I can relate with everything the op posted. My ba3 is like the seconds hand now when draining
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by eudoh940(m): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Very true...
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by angelo5uk(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wettin this one dey talk....

Maybe Mashmallow in all those cheap Tecno and Innjoo phones.....

Mashmallow is my Galaxy S6 Edge and Google Nexus 7 is super awesome.

Stop spreading falsehood plz.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by abumeinben(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Big man big wahala.

Me just dey hia dey enjoy my 4.4.2 on chinko without...

Wait o, I may have to upgrade to lollipop due to this 82% RAM by default. angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now by Azeez532(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Michaellegend:
u guys will just paste info that are not verified...this is my best mobile experience so far..u will get real value for ur money.

Hi, do you know where i can get google nexus to buy preferrably in lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Transfer Glo Credit To Someone / Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) / Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.