Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? (3025 Views)

The Moon Is At Least 4.51 Billion Years Old, Scientists Say / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! / Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Feraz(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=Oxytocin post=45172922][/quote]
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Oxytocin(m): 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
Feraz:
Feraz:
If I may come in, I think what he is trying to say is that nature always has a way of redesigning itself no matter the calamity that befalls it. Take for example, Chernobyl which was a waste land after the nuclear incident is beginning to see life back there as plants, grasses and wild animals were found there.
To your question, I think the earth will not last that long because like Johnydon22 said, the demise of the sun may engulf it. . .humans may not be alive to witness the dying stages of the earth due to certain activities of man that may make us extinct (though there may be some human movement to other galaxies to survive) but humans ending the planet, nah! I doubt it! Except a crazy person develops a tech that can split the earth to multiple pieces like Toneri did with the moon. . . grin
It won't. With the pace of researches going on right now, new techs and forms of energy to power those techs will soon be discovered. I recently read of an article by Stephen Hawkings where he is collaborating with Zuckerberg (or so) and if the tech works, one can visit the nearest star - Alpha Centauri in 20 years. We know if this is achieved, modifications would be made and more advanced ones would prop up.
Yea... Like you said, the probability of humans been in the final days of the earth is quite small.
It takes about 4.3 light years to get to the alpha centauri; with the current advancement in technology... the laser beam propulsion project scientists are trying to manipulate for interstellar travels, would travel close to that speed, thereby making that 20 years space travel to the star system, more feasible.

@that in bold
A crazy person indeed grin
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
johnydon22:

Hello my brother, thank you... i have this idea of opening threads on scientific topic to teach the little things i know in lay man terms.. i have done many of that actually and recently put a (Simplified physics with Johnydon22) series.

I like every other science enthusiast here try with the little time we can spare to bring these to life and we know people appreciate and learn which is rewarding in itself.

But we feel Nairaland should gun towards bringing science topics to the lime light to reach a broader audience.

we that bring up these topics do so with the aim of reaching a bigger audience and to promote science among nigerian youths of which Nl serves as a good platform.

We hope Seun puts this into consideration and we will continue to do our best in this science section, you will be seeing more sir..

I think the solution is to create a scientific forum of our own. I think we should make science attractive to our youth, I have the total package. I have being working on it for years, I you will like the idea. I refer to it as my e-lab, though the vision is own physical one in the future, all I need is volunteers to kick start. Whoever is interested should show interest, then I will make the details known
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by johnydon22(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2016
Blakjewelry:

I think the solution is to create a scientific forum of our own. I think we should make science attractive to our youth, I have the total package. I have being working on it for years, I you will like the idea. I refer to it as my e-lab, though the vision is own physical one in the future, all I need is volunteers to kick start. Whoever is interested should show interest, then I will make the details known

You know i am in
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Geofavor(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2016
Blakjewelry:

well done.
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Oxytocin(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2016
Blakjewelry:

Great step..
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Feraz(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2016
Oxytocin:
Yea... Like you said, the probability of humans been in the final days of the earth is quite small.
It takes about 4.3 light years to get to the alpha centauri; with the current advancement in technology... the laser beam propulsion project scientists are trying to manipulate for interstellar travels, would travel close to that speed, thereby making that 20 years space travel to the star system, more feasible.

@that in bold
A crazy person indeed grin
I'm hoping to witness the first real image of the nearest star. . . grin
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Oxytocin(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2016
Feraz:
I'm hoping to witness the first real image of the nearest star. . . grin
Not in this life definitely grin
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2016
johnydon22:

You know i am in
check your email i have sent you my number add me up on whatsapp i will give you details
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by IAmTobore(m): 1:06am On May 06, 2016
Why do you guys always predict doom for earth? You always act like you have another home apart from earth.
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by bcardastro: 7:24am On May 06, 2016
all I can say is,the evolution continues,just as the animals evolve so the galaxy likewise
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Feraz(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2016
IAmTobore:
Why do you guys always predict doom for earth? You always act like you have another home apart from earth.
I do not think people here are predicting doom for the earth. . . then again, was life on earth not destroyed during biblical times?
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by IAmTobore(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2016
Feraz:
I do not think people here are predicting doom for the earth. . . then again, was life on earth not destroyed during biblical times?
Once! The great flood!
Re: Will The Earth Still Be In Existence Before The Next 5 Billion Years? by Feraz(m): 11:01pm On May 16, 2016
IAmTobore:
Once! The great flood!
Yeah! Which is why I said the below:
I do not think people here are predicting doom for the earth
It just seem like an event bound to happen after all, it has before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All SSH Vpn, Unlock Config Files For MTN Mpulse Data To Power All Apps / How To Call Other Network With MTN Zone At 8k Per Second Call Rate [working!] / MTN 9GB For N2000: How To Get Double Data Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.