Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

My Police Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Police Experience (1311 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Police Experience by Marinza(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
If you move around Lagos and mostly other parts of Nigeria a lot, and a young guy or girl, you must have had one or two encounters with police officers, good, bad and maybe frustrating.

Let me begin by sharing mine, i was traveling by road with a family friend to Abuja, when we were flagged down by police officers at a checkpoint.

They asked for the car papers and after seeing everything was complete, they now focused on me and said I looked like a yahoo boy and they wanted to search if i had any incriminating evidence, so they begun by searching my traveling bags, and if you travel a lot, you know how tedious it is fitting in all your clothes in the bag, anyway they scattered my clothes and didn’t find anything.

They left it for me to arrange and naturally i was pissed and asked if they would like to search the socks and shoe i was wearing as well.
The officer got angry saying i was rude and he was the officer in charge of the checkpoint, he then asked the other junior officers to take me to their office and make sure i was searched thoroughly. They searched my phone, laptop, and everything they could find. The painful thing about it was that the policemen searching the laptop and phone could barely operate it, and when they found nothing, they delayed us for over 3hours before angrily allowing us leave.

It wasn’t scary, it was just annoying people could take advantage of power and i couldn’t do anything about it, and i started to wonder, what if they decided to plant the evidence in my bag? what if i was detained? like do we even have rights?
So ever had any experience with policemen? Share yours.

Source -http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/forum-feedback/24721-my-police-experience
Re: My Police Experience by pcoolioz(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol they only searched your bag and you are complaining.
one day, I went to drop my sister at the park, it was environmental sanitation that day so I had to be back home before 7am when it started. So I was fast and Dropped her off and was headed back home in good time. around 6-30 I got into traffic caused by a traffic light. some policemen sighted me and asked me to park, I was in traffic so I had to maneuver my way to park they checked my papers and it was in order. when they realized they had nothing they said they were charging me with obstruction of traffic cos I blocked the road when I was trying to park noting they asked me to pull over o.. it was funny they now said I should pay 1k fine. we sha dragged and settled it and I had to even wait there cos environmental had begun. I was very very mad. but what could I have done?
Re: My Police Experience by benigneOne(f): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
see long stories everywhere, you guys are just finding out that police in nigeria isnot your friend ba ? happy new year
Re: My Police Experience by meezynetwork(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Police is your friend
Re: My Police Experience by oginineme(f): 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abi oo. You have no case sef.
benigneOne:
see long stories everywhere, you guys are just finding out that police in nigeria isnot your friend ba ? happy new year
Re: My Police Experience by oginineme(f): 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oga police once stopped me around 2am and asked "why are you driving alone by this time?" as if it is a crime to drive late alone.
Re: My Police Experience by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
At least they didnt take your things
Re: My Police Experience by Sodebo: 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Makes me remember this PSquare song...Oga Police yee, wetin be this yee
Re: My Police Experience by brook75: 3:06am On Apr 29, 2016
well not all policemen are bad, there was one who actually offered us a ride in their van when we were stranded in the rain, at first we were scared, but he dropped us at a decent bustop.
Re: My Police Experience by investment247: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2016
worst friend to have in this world?? POLICE
Re: My Police Experience by shaneefe(f): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2016
benigneOne:
Iwonder
Re: My Police Experience by shaneefe(f): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2016
I avoid police men as much as i can..they are unfriendly and stir trouble
Re: My Police Experience by shaneefe(f): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2016
brook75:
well not all policemen are bad, there was one who actually offered us a ride in their van when we were stranded in the rain, at first we were scared, but he dropped us at a decent bustop.
Some of them actually still v their values in place while some are just fucktards
Re: My Police Experience by shaneefe(f): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2016
oginineme:
Oga police once stopped me around 2am and asked "why are you driving alone by this time?" as if it is a crime to drive late alone.
na their way loool
Re: My Police Experience by Damiandark01: 12:03am On May 01, 2016
shaneefe:
Some of them actually still v their values in place while some are just fucktards

Like some are just on earth To make life miserable for people
Re: My Police Experience by pcoolioz(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2016
lol one day hopefully, Nigerian police would get better.
Re: My Police Experience by FrozeBABE: 3:13pm On May 01, 2016
oh uniformed men!! we haf suffer
Re: My Police Experience by Gentlebabs(m): 4:48pm On May 01, 2016
About 2 months ago, I was leaving for church and got to Oshodi at about 4.35am, when I suddenly realised I should have navigated into the service lane that leads to NAFDAC. I suddenly climbed the the slight road demarcation before I suddenly saw a group of Police Officers jumped in front of my car. I wound down and opened the door for them, they still forcefully opened the door and entered and even squeezed the small 4 years old chap I carried behind. I was very angry as I asked them why they should be that harsh. One looked at me and said "Why you want run". I retorted, "Why i go run, Police No be human being? I know say I commit offence but no be him say make una do like that. Me wey I dey always tell people say 'Police Is My Friend', una just fall my hand for these ladies wey I carry now. Na laugh dem go dey laugh me now".

The one that obviously looked visibly intoxicated said in anger, "Drive to our office. Then I told him "if I reach una office, I go leave the car for una, na somebody go come carry am come meet me". It was at this point that the Officer in charge asked me, "Which state you come from? Oscar Serial Uniform November" I replied. I deliberately said it fast, as I suspected they did not immediately code what I said. He further asked, "What is your name? Bravo Alpha Bravo Alpha Tango Uniform November Delta Echo". This time, I said this faster than the first. It was at this point a second officer said, "Where you take learn all these things? I tell you say Police na my friend abi? I dey consult for Police on retirement matters. Then the O/C said, "Make i show you road wey you go take connect to Egbeda road, so that you go dey go church". I smiled at him and said, na now you come". I just asked a lady by my side to give me #1,000, I gave them in love, as my friends and they opted to give me their telephone numbers.

So you see, Police can be your friends, if you know how to psychologically relate with them....Smiling.
Re: My Police Experience by kennybenjminz: 9:59pm On May 01, 2016
i woundnt wanna share my experience with enugu policemen..buh i hear am angry
Re: My Police Experience by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 01, 2016
Gentlebabs:
About 2 months ago, I was leaving for church and got to Oshodi at about 4.35am, when I suddenly realised I should have navigated into the service lane that leads to NAFDAC. I suddenly climbed the the slight road demarcation before I suddenly saw a group of Police Officers jumped in front of my car. I wound down and opened the door for them, they still forcefully opened the door and entered and even squeezed the small 4 years old chap I carried behind. I was very angry as I asked them why they should be that harsh. One looked at me and said "Why you want run". I retorted, "Why i go run, Police No be human being? I know say I commit offence but no be him say make una do like that. Me wey I dey always tell people say 'Police Is My Friend', una just fall my hand for these ladies wey I carry now. Na laugh dem go dey laugh me now".

The one that obviously looked visibly intoxicated said in anger, "Drive to our office. Then I told him "if I reach una office, I go leave the car for una, na somebody go come carry am come meet me". It was at this point that the Officer in charge asked me, "Which state you come from? Oscar Serial Uniform November" I replied. I deliberately said it fast, as I suspected they did not immediately code what I said. He further asked, "What is your name? Bravo Alpha Bravo Alpha Tango Uniform November Delta Echo". This time, I said this faster than the first. It was at this point a second officer said, "Where you take learn all these things? I tell you say Police na my friend abi? I dey consult for Police on retirement matters. Then the O/C said, "Make i show you road wey you go take connect to Egbeda road, so that you go dey go church". I smiled at him and said, na now you come". I just asked a lady by my side to give me #1,000, I gave them in love, as my friends and they opted to give me their telephone numbers.

So you see, Police can be your friends, if you know how to psychologically relate with them....Smiling.

Lool if you try this one with Lagos police you will just hear it
Re: My Police Experience by kendrick2: 11:17am On May 02, 2016
some of them can be so nice you wonder where the others usually come from
Re: My Police Experience by kesses: 3:47pm On May 16, 2016
i don't know what to call police or rogues
Re: My Police Experience by oluwadaemilola: 6:38pm On May 16, 2016
this police are killing me there was a day that i was going to apapa when a police man stop me and said '''where are your particulars'' i gave them to him and he saw that i was not ready to give him any money so he asked for the receipt of my Tecno phone he saw on the dash board and i was like shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Mother Of Two, Smuggling Indian Hemp To China, Arrested In Lagos (see picture) / Evil Son: Graphic Photos Of A Man Who Beheaded His Mother For Ritual Purpose / Thief Caught Stealing Offering From A Mosques In Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.