Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst (526 Views)

Taxi Ploughs Into World Cup Fans In Russia, Many Injured(Photos) / Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife, Amara At Arsenal Stadium For Wenger's Farewell Match / Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
ARSENE WENGER reckons Arsenal fans are being “manipulated” as he readies himself for more protests tomorrow. Supporters organisations Black Scarf Movement, RedAction and Arsenal Supporters Trust have called for banners to be raised in the 12th and 78th minutes of the game with Norwich saying: “Time for change. Arsenal is stale – fresh approach needed.” And a series of prominent-figures have also criticised the Gunners who are now out of title contention. Wenger said: “I can understand the frustration of our fans. But, despite that, they want to support our team. The best chance they can give our team is to be behind our team. “Some groups of people try to manipulate our fans, and I believe apart from an agenda, a personal agenda, a big ego, there's not a lot behind it. “For me, what's interesting is the quality of the game, the values we want to present. This club is hugely respected and loved all over the world, focused on performing no matter i

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
in
what circumstances we play. “The club is in a very strong situation.
You want your fans as well to be
behind your team.” Despite another poor season, Wenger
reckons Arsenal can finally compete
financially with the biggest sides again. RELATED VIDEOS He said: “When you build a stadium,
we had five to seven difficult financial
years where we had to pay back: we
had to be three years in the
Champions League out of five and
have an average of 54,000 people. “We didn't know we would be capable
of that. We had to sell our best players
every year to survive, but we didn't do
three years out of five in the
Champions League. We did five out of
five. “Now the club is in a stronger position
and we can compete again with our
main opponents. But during that time it
was very difficult

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst by dreamcast95: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Each year, to read the same from Wenger's become a tradition - https://www.naij.com/815164-imagine-guess-arsene-wenger-blamed-seasons-title-failure.html .
team issues from year to year are the same. Previously, he said that the money spent on the construction of the stadium, where are they now? And whether dealing in them?
I think Wenger has long outlived its usefulness as a top coach. If even in this season, he achieved nothing

(1) (Reply)

Epl / Analysed Weekend Games,85% All Things Being Equal,good Luck. / Arsenal Released New Kit Already, See The New Number For Alexis Sanchez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.