Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,375 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian (544 Views)

Bodybuilding And Workout Session? Jack Up Your Creatine Level Now. / Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly / All Workout And No Rest: The Place Of Rest In Fitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian by TheMascot(m): 12:32am On Apr 30, 2016
why you should workout as a nigerian

as a nigerian life always has a twist to it.. and therefore nothing is ever acceptable to all nigerians, even if you say in this world there is right and wrong, some nigerians will still argue it..and as a nigerian we all have this natural tendency to question anything we see, and working out has been a major topic of arguement among nigerians.. a true nigerian will never indoldge in anything unless it can profit him or her, well thats also dependent if the work input than the gain output and therefore if i should tell you to work out as a nigerian you probably might ask one of these questions..
1) why should i workout
2) who workout help?
and even if you dont ask these questions you might make one of these remarks
1) alinko dangote get 6 packs?
2)6 packs dey give money
3)so instead of buying food i should carry my money to go to gym
4) when i am supposed to be working i should be going to the gym abi etc

but the truth why most nigerians do not work out is because they are either ignorant of the facts surrounding working out or the fear of not seeing desired outcome and over everything syndrome
but this is why you should work out as a nigerian

1) you do not need diet plans ;
unlike the whites, majority of nigerians hardly take junk food, while the whites take pizza, doughnuts and etc..a true nigerian depends on beans, rice,yam, pap, indomie, fish, snail, yam,garri and groundnut while those that have the luxury add turkeys, diary and etc.. you would be surprised that a daily intake of these foods within moderate quantity is what is required for a proper life ( well, cut out the soft drinks and alcohol intake, reduce the rice and take morebeans)..any other addittions like egg and vegetables is welcomed..

2) your climate favours general metabolism
you think God put you in this heat for a play, the intensity of sun means that your body must sweat more and that needs more body work and accelarated body growth, should a person in nigeria and a person in america should be fed the same food, chances are higher that the nigerian would grow faster, thus what may take 11 months of workout in america would take about 6-5 months for you to have a brad pitt look..if you want to look like john cena then you are on your own

3) its a potential every one can archeive
not many things are equaly given to evetry one in nigeria ttypical example is only death and oxygen cos you would connections to make it as asinger, get a degree and so on..but choosing working out to look good and fit, is something everyone can archeive wether norn fat or slim, read stories about brendan meyers and his likes who either came from being skinny to becoming buff or from being yokozunas to becoming david beckhams or paul okoye

4) it costs you nothing
ehn..stop acting like you are going to spend 10 k, what you need is a mat and set of weights which your welders can get for you for 3k highest if that is too costly do it your self with 600 naira cement and if you thinks its too expensive just depend on pushups for the chest results..and someone rerading this would ask where is the time, bros the time u use for watching a.m express(yes, i still watch it) you can use 20 mins for a workout session everyday that would bring out great results, so waking 20 mins earlier than usual wouldnt hurt

5) you need to be healthy
while you are shouting money over everything hope you know that its only a healthy person than can get wealthy,there is no denying the fact that it working out helps our heart rate, breathing capacity, metabolic activities and alertness and effectiveness, it makes our brain work faster, you are less susceptible to common adult killers like hypertension and even helps against diabetes,

6) you and others appreciate your self
evey one at the first glance likes a good looking person and tend to be more receptive and show more hospitaility to them, watch it, people that are buff have a higher personal confidence and self esteem that others, its not called pride its caklled raising your head in glory .. if you are comfortable with that pot belly then you are on a way to look uglty, omotoloa is still sexy because her stomach is never potruding, kim k and her sisters are always working else they would be no diffrent from suruya selling food at mam kola shop

7) trust me you dont want to be obese
have you ever listened to an obese person complain, you hear things like" i cant stand for 2 munites", " even inside the rain i feel hot", i cant sleep without fan", i am always hungry, "pls come and help me bring my remote"..being obese is a problem because you are more susceptible to hear failures and every vascular diseases, you cannot run in times of danger (with this fulani men and boko haram one must be agile), you dirtier than an average person cos when bathing you never fully clean ur self, you are always sweating in your armpits and your neck and hmmmmm..pls just know you have problems...people are always irritated by obese people and the few that are not feel pity for them..the list is endless..
working out is a choice but a necceasry one considering the fact that 65% of nigerians are either below or above thier appropraite body mass index (weight/hiegt), and the 35% left are are just the few that are working outr either at work place ot at home..so would you workout

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
Sweet article and one tailored for the average Nigerian. Its a disservice to this forum if this doesn't hit frontpage.
Re: Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian by TheMascot(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2016
charix:
Sweet article and one tailored for the average Nigerian. Its a disservice to this forum if this doesn't hit frontpage.
thnx bro
Re: Why You Should Workout As A Nigeriian by TheMascot(m): 10:55pm On May 01, 2016
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Remedy For Low Sperm Count And Weak erection. / For Health Sector Financing / Heart Attack, Stomach Ulcer +4 Reasons You Should Take Acidity Seriously!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.