Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Something new in Support Of The Recent UNIPORT ALUTA Struggle. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Something new in Support Of The Recent UNIPORT ALUTA Struggle. (600 Views)

Something New- A Short Story By Avatarmode / Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] / A Tribute To Those Who Struggle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something new in Support Of The Recent UNIPORT ALUTA Struggle. by snippet: 5:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Three Mondays ago, we performed miracle, we breathed life into each student's right openly
A show against injustice,
We took a firm stand on the hands of the clock, freezed time
A show for those freedom inclined
Students gathered like organised dots of ink splodges to write history
Sealed with the blood of misery
I proclaim this as an oracle of mystery.
Our brethren victimized for being poor, a direct shot at NANS core, a pull on love's strong chord, produced a piece of music we know best: protest.
We believed with our whole essence that this was our conquest.
So we proudly followed this worn out path trodden by Martin Luther King Jr, Fidel Castro, Mahatma Gandhi, kings of Kamasutra,
Invoking the spirit of Kalakuta, breaking free like the strong hands of Aluta,
Greatest 'kpokpo kpakpa' exchanging shots with our captors,
Cannons of defiance in response to their bullets.
Our unity bullet wounded, mortally inflicted, creating gaping holes through the fabric of our resilience,
But , this was enough opening, courage breezing in, feeding our resistance with precious oxygen,
Flooding our mind, we drowned our fears in our thoughts.
Fearless! Walked deep into boundaries defined by the struggles of our predecessors. Yes,that same fight that redefines us,
Poked our feet into their footprints till there was none to follow, then we created our own blueprints.
RIP to the dead, you taught us how to do it better
Y'all might not be immortalised at the gate of Delta
But know this, your strong thirst for justice left deep imprints on our mind in which water gathers that only leaves us thirstier for your cause,
Y'all were our well negotiated price for freedom, we pray your souls soar high, kiss the sky and tap from the sun's wisdom.
We learnt one thing, the next time we witness injustice, for the sake of Peter and co, we'll just speak.
I know this war wasn't without flaws, these flaws were only a piece of a bigger jigsaw
Negative of a beautiful picture
As much as we wanted peace, we sought justice by every means,
Broken glasses for their broken promises,
Exchanged each piece for our peace, till there were equal shrapnels of justice.
We only acted as humans dangling from the jaws of death, haunted by the shadow of sorrow,
Their guns aimed at our tomorrow, about to rain more hails than Gomorrah.
But, our ship is set to sail, and their plans are bound to fail,
Behind bars without the slightest hope of bail, and at this point my thoughts trail (off)...one voice is a whimper, our voices combined is a roar.
ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA.
Re: Something new in Support Of The Recent UNIPORT ALUTA Struggle. by marenx: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2016
Try this title instead: Something New in Support of the Recent UNIPORT Aluta Struggle

I hope you will get more viewers than this.

You love literature like me and until many read your work, you will get more power to write.

I recently post a very important post but I am disappointed to realise only 50 people read. If you click my name and go to my profile, you will see it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Something new in Support Of The Recent UNIPORT ALUTA Struggle. by snippet: 8:28am On May 05, 2016
marenx:
Try this title instead: Something New in Support of the Recent UNIPORT Aluta Struggle
The
I hope you will get more viewers than this.

You love literature like me and until many read your work, you will get more power to write.

I recently post a very important post but I am disappointed to realise only 50 people read. If you click my name and go to my profile, you will see it.

Thanks!

Thank you.I heeded your advice, hope it works.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Work But See No Results? Do This! / The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction / What Do I Do With My Manuscript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.