Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. (2248 Views)

Pete Edochie Joins Bishop To Mark 1yr Remembrance Of Ozubulu Massacre(pics) / Dolapo Badmus Stuns At Her Late Father’s 5th Year Remembrance / 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by Novaworld(m): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2016
PRINCE GBENGA ADEBOYE.
Her Sister, a presenter and a singer, in one of her albums dedicated to her late brother titled 'omo majemu' (covenant child), narrated all the story of his life, all he went through before he survived and became popular. she talked about his family, social, personal life and his death. she also revealed how wednesday was so special in the life of her late brother.
According to her, he was born on wednesday 30th sept. 1959, he started his education on wednesday, he started presenting on radio on wednesday, his first trip to america was on wednesday, his first album was released on wednesday. acording to her, most of his achievements were made on wednesday, he died on wednesday 30th of APRIL 2003 and was laid to rest on wednesday 14th may 2003.
His biography: Born on 30th September 1959, at Ode Omu, Gbongan, Osun State, Nigeria, late Adeboye first worked as a freelance radio presenter for Radio Lagos where he started a very popular programme which catered for Yoruba listening audience titled Funwontan in 1981. This programme was later re-baptised to Gbenga Adeboye in the Mix on Radio Lagos and Gbenga Adeboye in the House on OGBC. While doing these, he cut over nine albums and put them out on cassette, including Ph. D Beetle, Orosunkunnu 1 & 2, Funwontan 1 & 2, Ijinle Oro lati ori ite mimo 1 & 2, Versatility, Aiyetoro, Supremacy and Controversy. Adeboye's popularity earned him several nicknames including Alhaji, Pastor Oluwo and Funwontan, which stuck with him until his death.
Gbenga was an activist, orator, prophet as well as a comedian, humorist, entertainer, the pioneer of stand-up comedy in Nigeria who will never make you sad. He used his talents to install democracy back in Nigeria through all his works, jokes, and radio programmes.
Olugbenga gave up the ghost on the 30th of April 2003 throwing the entire entertainment scene into deep mourning and he was so widely respected and loved that crowds trooped out in candle- lit processions all over south-western Nigeria.
May your soul rest in peace OLUGBENGA ADEBOYE, ONE MAN BATTALION, JENGBENTIELE, APAGUNPOTE 1, ABEFE, OLAYINKA, OMO BABA OVERSEER, AWO ITU BABA ITA, AWO BABA LAISI ABESUPINLE, SUN RE O!

Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by igraman(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2016
Olugbenga Adeboye Abefe Jengbetiele Dokita Onje(doctor of diet) eeyan laisi abesupinle ..Maa sun n re laya olugbala.
Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by dammytosh: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2016
So It is 13 years already ?

It is 13 years that i wept profusely and people were wondering why i will weep so much for a 'celebrity'

Thanks for those kind words you say carelessly on your shows.

Thanks for those jokes that put smiles on my face during those difficult moments.

Thanks for making it clear then that despite that difficult moments, There is a future.

Now I have made it and wished, I can tell you that you are a prophet.

RIP Olugbenga Abefe Adeboye. (Itu Baba Ita, Laisi Abesu pinle)

One of the greatest talent that ever walked.
Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by Akkord4gov: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2016
dammytosh:
So It is 13 years already ?

It is 13 years that i wept profusely and people were wondering why i will weep so much for a 'celebrity'

Thanks for those kind words you say carelessly on your shows.

Thanks for those jokes that put smiles on my face during those difficult moments.

Thanks for making it clear then that despite that difficult moments, There is a future.

Now I have made it and wished, I can tell you a prophet you have been.

RIP Olugbenga Abefe Adeboye. (Itu Baba Ita, Laisi Abesu pinle)

One of the greatest talent that ever walked.

He is more than just a celebrity but an icon,a legend that is still irreplaceable even till today

I miss him too
Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2016
RIP Bro
Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by mamawin(f): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Gbenga Adeboye's death made the saying 'igi to to, kii pe nigbo' true. I haven't seen any other like him. I loved his work greatly.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by juman(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2016
Remembering our dear brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuT4ud1MKFw
Re: Gbenga Adeboye : 13th Year Remembrance Of An Icon. by dododawa1: 10:29am On Apr 30, 2016
legend

(1) (Reply)

Ruth Kadiri Releases New Sexy And Sultry Photos / This Lady Died After Sleeping With Alhaji And His Monkey / [PHOTOS] S3x Education: Which ONE S3x Style Is Most Enjoyed By Naija Girls?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.