Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

The Stress about A Lagosian. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Stress about A Lagosian. (497 Views)

I Am Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder From Living In Nigeria / Lagosian From Isaleko Apologized To Ooni Over Politics Of Oba Eko / A Lagosian Experience From Surulere To Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stress about A Lagosian. by sunch(m): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2016
A lot of times non-yoruba speaking persons are criticized for claiming to be a lagosian, while recognitions are accorded to an ibadan, egba etc that claims to be lagosian. My understanding of a lagos boy, or what have you can be bourne out of the fact that your phases of development as a boy was influenced by the environment you grew up and probably shapen your mental being to a particular state. Take for example, my parents are edo, but I was born in ikeja, went to primary and secondary in ikeja and later proceeded to unilag to study, and am still in lagos. The most part of my life was inarguably spent in lagos and that makes someone like me a thoroughbred Lagosian.
Studys as made us to understand that there are core indigenious people that makes up the lagos and its environ propelled in the early times by migrations to inhabit a particular area, so also some are propelled in present time to move to a destination thought to be greener for ones purpose. The issue of who is a lagosian has been over-stressed, and we need to embrace the reality that our next door neighbour is our family and he/she have a potential to be tapped.

(1) (Reply)

The Moon Festival / Davido A Fake Arse Nigga!! / The Result Of The Second Game Determined The Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.