Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Earnest Expectation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Earnest Expectation (372 Views)

How To Pray Earnest Prayers / Laodicea, Part 5 : Be Earnest And Repent ( Rev 3:19 ) - Paul Ellis / To Break Forth, Learn To Praise With Expectation – Osaghae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Earnest Expectation by adeademolaa(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
EARNEST EXPECTATION
#
#
Mark Fisher in his book titled:
''#The_Instant_Millionaire'' reinstated that "Desire is what best sustains your thoughts. The more passionate your desire is, the more quickly the thing you want will spring up in your life. The way to become rich is to desire it fervently. In every area of life, sincerity and fervor are necessary ingredients of success"(pg 61).
The English Dictionary defines Earnest as a
''Serious purpose; To be serious with.'' Also Expectation is defined as "The act or state of expecting or looking forward to an event as about to happen.''
Summarily, Earnest Expectation is a determined serious state of looking forward to an event as about to happen.
Earnest Expectation is not just been hopeful, it is having a determined, focused and committed mind. It stems from patience and fervent pursuit of ones desire.
One of the most successful Female entrepreneur in Africa as well as the founder of EBONYTV and the host of ''Moment with Mou'' Mosunmola Abdul, was once asked in an exclusive interview to give a background on how she made it to the top. She replied '' I had a yearning in my heart to be a show host like Oprah Winfrey. I started reading almost all her books on presentation. Then I realize it's not enough so I got tutored by some of my friends who are into presentation, afterwards I traveled out to study TV PRESENTATION. At that time am over 40years of age. On my return I went to DSTV, I was rejected five times. But I dn't give up. Later on I was given an opportunity after much persistency.'' That's Earnest Expectation!
I've come to realize that one doesn't have to die so that his dream will come true, one doesn't have to wait for his dream to Be, but all one need do is to Live and See that His dream come to Life.
The big question you need to answer is ''How far are you willing to go to make your dreams come true? Can you wait long enough for that tree to bear fruit? Will you fight tooth and nail just to see your expectation turn to reality?
While you are earnestly expecting, consider these basic tools:
#
#DETERMINATION:
There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it every thing.'' Vincent Lombardi. Determination is pursuing knowing that all things is possible. Determination is having the notion that no one has ever drown in his own sweat. Mark fisher summarised it when he said: ''Our problem is that we don't ask, and when we do, we don't ask long enough.''
#
#CONSISTENCY:
Resiliency achieve success, but consistency holds it. In the words of Miller "Its not enough to begin; continuance is necessary, mere enrollment will not make one a scholar; the pupil must continue in the school through the long course, until he masters every branch. Success depends upon staying in power.''
#
#PATIENCE:
Patience is a virtue. Though its bitter, but its reward is sweet. Sometimes, failure, great havoc are averted when patience is enthroned. Patience knowing that God is in control.
#
#FOCUS:
Peter said ''one thing I do'' David asserts ''One thing will I seek, and that will I do''. Note: Its one thing, not all things.
Whenever you want to snap pictures, what's the first thing you do? You Focus on the image you want to snap,right?FOCUS.
The greatest secret weapon of any sniper is PATIENCE and FOCUS. Patience long enough for the TARGET TO SURFACE. Focus discretely enough in other to HIT the TARGET.
Invariably ''Follow One Course Until Successful.''
Lastly, What's your expectation?: Those who expects nothing are never be disappointed. What are you earnestly contending for?: The greatest emperor crown themselves. How serious are you with your dreams?: Thinking about your dream won't build it.
Remember Pauls word that says ''But if we hope for what we see not, then do we with patience wait for it''
#
#
Writer
Sayo Ademola.

(1) (Reply)

Knowing What Not To Say. / INDEBTED TO GOD... (only The Grateful Souls Can Understand) / Some Evidences Keeps Unravelling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.