Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Passion Is Not The Ultimate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Passion Is Not The Ultimate (314 Views)

Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety" / Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. / My Passion Is Not My Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Passion Is Not The Ultimate by donogaga(m): 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
PASSION : The strong driving force that compels you to keep moving when everything around you is screaming out loud for you to stop. (My definition)

To get to the top you must be crazily passionate about what you do, but to remain at the top and stay relevant, much more than passion is required, you need COMPASSION.

COMPASSION : the driving force that keeps you going, even when those who TRULY NEED (not want) your service can't really AFFORD to pay for it. (My definition)

When you have hit success in your career, compassion is what makes you want to give back. Compassion is what makes a successful Doctor carry out that surgery even when they can't pay for it. Compassion is what makes that pastor stay up all night interceding on that troubled family's behalf without them knowing. Compassion is what makes you let that cab man that hit your car to go even when he was at fault because you know that's all he has to feed his poor family. Compassion is what makes a billonaire donate money to poverty stricken nations. Compassion is what makes a great musician host a concert just to raise money for charity.

Compassion looks beyond self and yearns to apply a talent or gift to impact the world . That's the true definition of success.

It's ok to discover your passion and make a success out of it, but great and lasting success is COMPASSION DRIVEN. It will always outlive you.

Are you building a career or vision? make sure you are Passionate about it. Have you hit the Jackpot of your career? Then get compassionate about it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Location Has More Opportunity For A Marketing Graduates; Ph Or Lagos? / What Will You Do / Imagine Your Mistakes Are Not Your Own Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.