Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? (2410 Views)

2d/3d Animator/concept Art Works. / Animator In 3d Wanted / Freelance Graphics Designer/3d Animator Seeking Part Time Job, Guys Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by desiree(f): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
If you are proficient in lightwave 3D, then contact me, we are talking cool extra cash here wink

Thanks.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by onyeozi(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2006
pls i dont understand what u meant
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by desiree(f): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2006
Do you know how to model and animate in lightwave?
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by grafikdon: 1:03am On Nov 17, 2006
lol, the modeling part, I dropped modeling in Lightwave after I used Modo. Animation part, I stopped doing 'character' work in Lightwave after I used Softimage XSI, but yeah, I still use Lightwave when I want to put something together without hassling myself with point weighing, or when I want to use particles (Hypervoxels rocks!!!!), cheesy Am I proficient in Lightwave? Started from 7.0 until 8.5, yup the Lightwave Mojo never died,
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by desiree(f): 2:27am On Nov 17, 2006
grafikdon:

lol, the modeling part, I dropped modeling in Lightwave after I used Modo. Animation part, I stopped doing 'character' work in Lightwave after I used Softimage XSI, but yeah, I still use Lightwave when I want to put something together without hassling myself with point weighing, or when I want to use particles (Hypervoxels rocks!!!!), cheesy Am I proficient in Lightwave? Started from 7.0 until 8.5, yup the Lightwave Mojo never died,

Thanks grafikdon, please drop your contact details at desiree_charm@yahoo.co.uk. smiley

I have a small-scale project for you, if you can help, i had a look at your website, impressive work bro. Are you a freelance Animator? I also noticed that lightwave is not the favorite software of choice for most people but it has its potentials.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by grafikdon: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2006
desiree:

Thanks grafikdon, please drop your contact details at desiree_charm@yahoo.co.uk. smiley

I have a small-scale project for you, if you can help, i had a look at your website, impressive work bro. Are you a freelance Animator? I also noticed that lightwave is not the favorite software of choice for most people but it has its potentials.

Yup, a freelancer right here. Lightwave was my first app. . . actually I was a Lightwave fanatic and could punch the Lightwave naysayers and I used to do everything from scratch in Lightwave, from modeling to animation. The truth is every 3D app out there has strengths and weaknesses. At the moment I can't say I have a favourite application 'cause I use three 3D programs for differents tasks depending on which one gives me more efficient result; Lightwave (for non character work or simple character animation,) Softimage XSI (exclusively for character animation and cloth simulation) and Luxology Modo (exclusively for modeling). The transition was easy because I customized Modo to work EXACTLY like Lightwave Modeler and the best part. . . it supports native Lightwave object format (.lwo) with all the morph targets. I also use Pointoven to move data between Lightwave and XSI. Softimage supports Lightwave object import and export so that makes my life a little easy and saves me the agony of using the Shape manager in XSI,

LOL, Lightwave heavily influenced my choice of complementary apps since I only work with the two most friendly Lightwave software, I often import Lightwave camera into Softimage through pointoven. That's the way to go . . . getting the best of both worlds. cheesy
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by zPixel(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2006
@ grafikdon

Have you ever considered Maya or 3Dsmax, i believe those are the most powerful 3d apps out there especially Maya which is the best for animation.

Have seen our stuffs and they are out of this country. I think you might be able to help me out, by early march next year i will be going for my I.T and i will like to do it in 3d studio here in Nigeria. Please if you know any let me know. I can model and texture a bit.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by grafikdon: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2006
@ zpixel. Actually, I can rig and animate in Max but it serves me no purpose at the moment since I have to plan of exploring the world of game development (Max's stronghold, no dispute) I did fiddle with Maya but I do not use it not because it is bad but because I am not missing anything with a combination of Modo, Lightwave and Softimage XSI. The only 3D software I am missing badly are Massive Prime (crowd simulation) and Houdini Master (Particles and dynamics) but I had to pass because they are well out of my reach.

About the IT part. Honestly, I don't believe there is any dedicated 3D animation/VFX studio in Nigeria. Hopefully, in a few years/months, that will change. I will keep digging and if I find any worthwhile, I'll let ya know 'cause it won't serve you any purpose to do your IT with a half assed studio.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by zPixel(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2006
grafikdon thanks, i will be waiting in case you find any nice studio.

I did fiddle with Maya but I do not use it not because it is bad but because I am not missing anything with a combination of Modo, Lightwave and Softimage XSI

does that mean maya is a bad 3d software? because that's what i use.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by grafikdon: 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ Zpixel no problemo, I'll let ya know.

Maya is a very powerful program and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN NOT DO WITH IT. It is the most used app (By studios that is). Just make sure you know it pretty well and you'll be ok. Like I said before, I do not use it simply because I do not lack anything (at least for now) in my present pipeline.
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by zPixel(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
@grafikdon

Please can i have your yahoo id
Re: Any Lightwave 3d Animator In The House? by grafikdon: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2006
@ Zpixel, my yahoo ID is grafikdon

(1) (Reply)

CONTACT PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC ARTIST FOR YOUR DESIGN JOBS / Pencil drawing vs Picture : Miss Oriflame Nigeria. Charcoal pencils on Alabaster / Unity In Diversity (pencil Drawing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.