Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! (986 Views)

Who Is The GOD Of The Old Testament? / Do Christianity Have Anything To Do With The Old Testament? / The God Of Old Testament And That Of New Testament Cannot Be The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2016
Yes . we hear this all the time . many or virtually all christians use this cop out all the time when irreligious people like myself challenge them with the genocidal , infanticidal, homophobic and misogynistic behaviour of their god construct yahweh and the behaviour of his chosen ones , the jews and also the barbaricness and silliness of his laws.
But those this really absolve the blame.

1. There is no explicit verse which states that the old testament or law does not count

For every verse which xtians claim support this, there are other verses which debunk this.

Luke 16:17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for one dot of the Law to become void.

2. It is for a fact that xtians still use some of the laws such as paying of tithe and offerings and first fruits. This just shows that christians cherry pick verses thag suit them.

Why pay tithes and offerings when this is clearly part of the law.

3. If jesus is god as the trinity implies. This means he was the one who commited those atrocities in the bible.
Jesus ordered the massacre of innocent virgins, babies and unborn babies, ordered the stoning of adulterers and etc

4. If yahweh is perfect , then all his deeds are perfect and good ergo all his deeds in the ot are good, if all his deeds in the ot are good , why then do you have to be ashamed of them and sqy they dont count necause they are in the ot.
grin why dont you encourage your children to emulate such a good behaviour.

5. Are xtians implying that morality is not fixed and changes over time

6. If we should turn a blind eye to the atrocities just because they are in the ot xtians should honestly answer these questions

.. .. If they were in the old testament times and their daughters were found not to be virgins would they honestly stone their daughters to death because they were in the old testament times.

....... If they were in the old testament times and their brothers or sisters or children turned away to worship other gods would they honestly put them to death as was instructed by yahweh

....... If they were in the old testament times and their sons were killed for trying to prevent an ark from falling down would they honestly smile and accept this as just.

...... If they were in the ot times and they were ordered to attack their neighboring countries and to slay pregnant women and children would they honestly do these because thet are in the old testament times

In John 1:1, we read "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In verse 14, we read: "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." We are told explicitly that Jesus Christ IS THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT! You probably already accept this. But, by logical extension, you must also accept therefore that it was Jesus Christ who ordered the Israelites to slaughter millions of defenseless men, women and children in the conquest of Canaan; it was Jesus Christ who killed every firstborn child in Egypt; it was Jesus Christ who ordered king Saul to butcher thousands of children and babies in the genocide of the Amalakites; it was Jesus Christ who ordered the Israelites to capture and mass-rape 32,000 young girls of the Midianite tribe after killing their families; it was Jesus Christ who struck dead 50,000 innocent people at Beshemish for merely looking into the ark of the covenant; it was Jesus Christ who caused the painful asphyxiation of every man, woman, child and animal on the face of the earth during the flood of Noah (with the exception of cool; and it was Jesus Christ who condemned every person ever born to a state of eternal suffering, all because 6000 years ago a curious and naive woman ate a piece of fruit. And, of course, it was Jesus Christ who sent 2 bears to chase down 42 little kids and disembowel them for just acting like kids

My xtian brothers and sisters

........ Ponder on this

Cc

Johnnydon22
Hardmirror
Son of lucifer

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by opeaceo: 7:57pm On May 01, 2016
we should ponder on it and then do what??

Your brothers in the "faith" have gone down this path and they are tired and you just wanna start?? I'll give you 2 pence and broth for your journey. #mystudentsmite

hmmm, scratch that, if you no longer belive the Bible, why bother about it anyways??

3 Likes

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2016
opeaceo:
we should ponder on it and then do what??

hmmm, scratch that, if you no longer belive the Bible, why bother about it anyways??

I bother about the bible because bible believers exist and i am surrounded by them.
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by opeaceo: 8:05pm On May 01, 2016
urahara:

I bother about the bible because bible believers exist and i am surrounded by them.

This defies LOGIC, I don't believe in eating apples or I don't like apples, and I keep telling people the core in an apple is bad or it has an alkaline taste, it's not worth the fight naw, haba!!!
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 8:19pm On May 01, 2016
opeaceo:

This defies LOGIC, I don't believe in eating apples or I don't like apples, and I keep telling people the core in an apple is bad or it has an alkaline taste, it's not worth the fight naw, haba!!!

"Apple believers" dont go around carrying out crusades or blowing airplanes. Apple believers dont go around spending millions of naira on building churches to worship apple
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by opeaceo: 9:38pm On May 01, 2016
urahara:

"Apple believers" dont go around carrying out crusades or blowing airplanes. Apple believers dont go around spending millions of naira on building churches to worship apple

They carry out crusades because they believe in it, they spend their money because they belive in it, for the non believers, you know what to do!

1 Like

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2016
opeaceo:

They carry out crusades because they believe in it, they spend their money because they belive in it, for the non believers, you know what to do!

So for the fact they beliv in it they should go about killing innocent people ba.

U really dont know that indirectly u are justifying boko haram.

They blow up planes because they beliv in it

1 Like

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by opeaceo: 9:51pm On May 01, 2016
urahara:

So for the fact they beliv in it they should go about killing innocent people ba.

U really dont know that indirectly u are justifying boko haram.

They blow up planes because they beliv in it

I understand that your course might be confusing, but don't complicate matters for yourself, I've argued with better peeps over this same issue. You made reference to the Bible, and you made mention of boko haram in the same sentence??

I do not mean to insult you my dear, but you need to read wide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2016
opeaceo:

I understand that your course might be confusing, but don't complicate matters for yourself, I've argued with better peeps over this same issue. You made reference to the Bible, and you made mention of boko haram in the same sentence??

I do not mean to insult you my dear, but you need to read wide.

U my friend need to learn how 2 read and sharpen your comprehensive skills as well
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by opeaceo: 9:59pm On May 01, 2016
urahara:

U my friend need to learn how 2 read

lmfao, coming from someone who confuse 2 religions?? bokoharam? the Bible?? do you need me to spell out your mistakes??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2016
opeaceo:

lmfao, coming from someone who confuse 2 religions?? bokoharam? the Bible?? do you need me to spell out your mistakes??

I neva confused the 2 religions .

I said if rationalisations could be made for saying crusaders carry out crusades because of belief

Then rationalisations could be made for b. Haram for their acts because of belief.. undecided
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 10:05pm On May 01, 2016
I dont mean prayer crusades but holy war crusades
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 9:59am On May 02, 2016
Pls lets not derail
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by odijeks(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2016
urahara:

think again. you'll realize you bother about it because the truth is too close to you for comfort. and I assure you, you'll keep bothering about this same Jesus because he is the truth for eternity. anyways, you have the right to believe what you want but you'll have to answer for yourself for willfully believing wrong.

1 Like

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by ValentineMary(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2016
urahara:
Pls lets not derail
I swear u get time to dey follow these religious fanatics dey yarn logic that sounds like Greek to them. Just leave them to their ignorance

2 Likes

Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

I swear u get time to dey follow these religious fanatics dey yarn logic that sounds like Greek to them. Just leave them to their ignorance

My brother if frosbel could dump his nonsensical beliefs anything is possible grin grin cheesy
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by urahara(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2016
odijeks:

think again. you'll realize you bother about it because the truth is too close to you for comfort. and I assure you, you'll keep bothering about this same Jesus because he is the truth for eternity. anyways, you have the right to believe what you want but you'll have to answer for yourself for willfully believing wrong.

Pls dont derail from the thread
Re: But Its In The Old Testament !!!!! by ValentineMary(m): 6:16pm On May 03, 2016
urahara:

My brother if frosbel could dump his nonsensical beliefs anything is possible grin grin cheesy
Okay fire on bro

(1) (Reply)

One big practical step to your next level if you would / Houston Megachurch Lakewood Leader Joel Osteen New Memes And Images Trending / Did Jesus Recognize Muhammad ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.