Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 (13839 Views)

Bad News For Nigeria As Moody’s Downgrades First Bank, Access Bank, GTB, Others / IMF Downgrades Nigeria’s Growth Forecast For 2017, Says Recession Over Next Year / Fitch Downgrades Credit Ratings Of First Bank, UBA- The Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by Ogbuefi2020: 11:29pm On May 01, 2016
allexy2:
Am not suprise at this moody rating. It should by now be obvious to nigerian that western countries the brain behind the economic situation we are going through.

Have you wonder why our problem became so bad in 2015

Don't forget that around 2002, America said Nigeria will divide by 2015. Their gaol was to use boko haram to create that division where the north and south will go into civil war. They use boko haram as a guise to make it look like northerners are killing southerners. That way, the south will hit back and civil war will start to the point where both side begin to kill each other.

Unfortunately for the Western countries, the plan did not work becos nigerian army have been able to deal ruthlessly with boko haram.

Have then wonder why western countries are quick to come to send their military to come fight boko haram ? Nigerians, we all need to see the obvious. Even the missing girls is a scam use to make the federal government look weak so that they can can on western countries military to come to nigeria to help.
This is scam to invade nigeria oil just like what they did in Iraq and Libya.
THANK GOD BUHARI AND JOHANTHAN DID NOT ALLOW THEIR MILITARY IN TO NIGERIA.

Since they know the whole game plan did not work, their last resort is to use economic warfare to make nigeria bow to their pressure. This is why you notice lately that attempt have been made to make the NAIRA a worthless currency.how if you may ask me ?

Do you actually think the naira lost its value mainly as a result of low oil demand ? Think about it for a second. There is a conspiracy between saudi and western countries to manipulate oil price.that way, it will affect the value of countries that produce oil. This is a fact.

Ask yourself that, how come America and other western countries that their economy is so bad that the value of their currency became string OVER NIGHT ?
A country that manufacture NOTHING.can someone explain this to me. This is where u k ow that the banking system is a scam. The western countries will always make their currencies very strong. That way, they can print money in exchange for our natural and mineral resources all over Africa. The america dollars is a scam ! It is just a paper.

To complement their evil plans to destroy nigeria, IMF came in few month ago to say they can help nigeria. Thank God buheari did not fall for this. Notice that naiara have now been badly devalued that even IMF is telling us to devalue. This rhis make economic sense ? By now, nigerians show have been suspecting foul play that something is not right.

Fortunately, buhari was smart enough to go meet china for help. The moment IMF saw that, they came in to say they will like to borrow nigeria money . Really ? You will notice that around that time when buhari went to sign some deal with the Chinese, the naira start to gain strength strength again. IMF was not happy about it it becos they know they have been busted.

Now, we are hearing about moody rating. To hell with all of this western countries and their evil organisations.

their main agenda to to create kiosk in the country to a level where we will be force to sell all our resources to western companies. Look at them calling for privatisation of all oil sector, phcn etc. I use to wonder if the nigerian cannot see the scam taking place before their eyes

Nigerian must must be smart to see the obvious
They created the country. You can't withstand their influence in an entity they created for economic exploitation.
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by banmee(m): 1:09am On May 02, 2016
yinchar:
Let Moody keep their rating, by the time the budget is signed and money is pumped into the economy, they will lick their ass then....

I know it will all turn around for good before the end of this year....

I BELIEVE...

God bless PMB

Keep dreaming. The biggest difference between the western world and Nigeria is the western world at least tries to tell themselves the truth while Nigerians love to live in lala land. Your belief is part of what is holding the country down. Nigerians need to learn to face the truth about the country. The truth is the country is crap and the sooner they admit it and start to change for the better, the better they are for it. Nigeria has been digging itself into a hole for half a century and you expect to climb out of that hole in seven months? Ok. Keep believing.

1 Like

Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by ClintonDal(m): 4:56am On May 02, 2016
yinchar:
Let Moody keep their rating, by the time the budget is signed and money is pumped into the economy, they will lick their ass then....

I know it will all turn around for good before the end of this year....

I BELIEVE...

God bless PMB
Please explain to us how this Moody story is linked to our budget. I can't seem to understand anything up there and it sure seems you do. Thank you
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by miqos02(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2016
yeah
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by nellyelitz(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2016
B for Buhari
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by MrGerald(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2016
ritababe:

I just finish reading it the third time I still don't get it.

make somebody explain abeg in layman Language.
it means b1 b2 b3 are lesser than ba1 ba2 and ba3
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by GoodMuyis(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2016
Kezifils:
If u understand this, help me out cos all I see is B's everywia

It means Buhari has grade "B1" in Investment instead of Economics
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by ritababe(f): 8:55am On May 02, 2016
MrGerald:
it means b1 b2 b3 are lesser than ba1 ba2 and ba3

okay tnx
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by Nobody: 10:12am On May 02, 2016
spartanobad:
Please i need help
are they trying to change the alphabet "B" or something

please someone should explain

it means there is a greater risk that Nigeria will not be able to pay it's loans than previously. This does not mean we can't pay our loans just that the outlook is not as good as it was before. it operates on a scale where AAA is the best and D is the worst. In lay man's terms AAA will always pay, d will almost certainly default. What this means is we are slipping down the scale. and the lower you move down the scale, the higher the interest rates financial institutions will charge you to borrow from them because your risk of default rises. The best interest rates go to the guys withh AAA and the worst to the guys with D assuming you can find someone who will lend to you if you have a D rating.
Re: Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 by Khris3(m): 12:25am On May 03, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heritage Bank To Acquire Enterprise Bank / Small Nigerian Oil Producers May Merge To Survive Price Slump / Raw materials in nigeria - Manufacturing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.