Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work (1738 Views)

Facebook Notifications Are Going To Change - You May Not Like It / How Do I Turn Notifications Of Call Cost On With Mtn Zone / Mtn Users Can Now Receive Facebook Notifications & Updates Via Sms! (not Bb) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work by AKO1(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2006
If your phone has been on over the last few months, youre likely to have received a text that read something like:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your number is one of the lucky numbers in our on-going Chevron/NNPC bonanza. You have just won #500000. Your ticket no-41808. please call our supervisor on 08051960600 for details.

It is a bloody lie. I was foolish enough to call them up and then they said that to insure my cheque, I had to text a recharge pin no of NOT LESS than two thousand naira only to the number. The guy made it sound so professional. But then the timely internention of as friend saved me an extra 2000 bucks. If tyou have received any similar text please share your experience, and if you get it aftr this, please do not respond!!!!
Re: Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work by textmypage(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2006
Dats
Re: Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work by Spectrahertz(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mine Just happened this afternoon.
. "Congratulation!You have won #500,000 ur number is among the lucky winners of (N¤N.P.C OIL COMPANY) Code (MTN3GR ) Call Mr lucky on 08036416202 for Claim."
. That's the message, the Supposed Mr Lucky was so unprofessional, I mean the dude was actually picking his words, you can Imagine, he said the bonanza was a new year bonanza, we're not yet in the new year. I just played along. Just take a Look at their code, It's so Obvious that it's an easy acronym prolly to Identify their MTN magas (Lools). Men, there's nothing you won't see in Nigeria.
Re: Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work by donbenie(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Na longer throat be our problem for Naija,how can you be told you won something in a competition you never entered for and you believed him?

(1) (Reply)

Linux On Iphone? / Help!!! Airtel Is Ripping Me Off / Please, How Do I Change Imei Of ITEL/FERO Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.