Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Angry Man/ Woman - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Angry Man/ Woman (654 Views)

Soulmate Solution Network To Meet the Man & Woman of your Dream / Intrested In A Serious Relationship? Meet The Ideal Man/Woman / What Makes A Man/woman Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Man/ Woman by oyinda3(f): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2009
Why Do Some People Get So Angry?

A group of people I know were discussing anger, the reasons some people get angered easily and the outcomes of having relationships, of any fashion with such people. I was amazed at some of the reasons I heard. For instance, you never even think of a person's insecurity, as a reason why they would be quick to anger on any given occasion.

We all get angry for one reason or the other, but there are people who take it over-board! Have you even met someone who just bursts into a bad mood after a seemingly small joke or matter is brought up? I used to be amused by these types of people, at first, but when you find yourself dealing with these personalities, you realize that it is no longer funny.

Here is your assignment. Look around you. Do you have someone that is easily angered or irritable or can explode if they do not get their way? Do they get mad because you do not react the way they want you to? What I observe is that these people do not have anti-social skills in all aspects of their lives either. They can be the most outgoing personalities or introverts. They may even pick and choose when and where they display their anger.

I have seen people who appear who have one demeanor at work and completely different countenance at home. One man I met was extremely diplomatic and proper at work, while his home persona was that of a belligerent and angry dictator.

What are some reason that people get so angry? I am not a doctor, nor am I licensed to diagnose anyone, but you don't have to be the head cashier at Walmart to see that many people who are angry, suffer from some dose of low-self esteem. It may not even appear that way on the surface. For that group, it is evident that they are unhappy with themselves or with one aspect of their lives and take it out on others.

Some angry people, are also manipulative. They think and behave as if people will change their behaviors or intentions as a result of their moodiness or tantrums. I have noticed that even when people admit that their loves ones have an anger problem, they rarely tell that person how they feel. It becomes a question of not wanting to ruffle feathers, I suppose. The fact is, these types of people have no real sense of control. They give off the illusion of being in control. I am yet to see a person with a temper/anger problem that is doing something in their lives that I would consider motivating or inspiring. They cannot. Anger to that degree serves as a blocker.

People who get angry easily, sometimes have a sense of entitlement. They want to be the authority on any matter they bring up and do not want you to counter anything they have to say. Sometimes they feel they deserve to be tended to, and not doing so, angers them.

Insecurity, is the bottom line. They know they are mediocre in many aspects of their lives and try to feign control. In my never-to-be humble opinion, they try to hide the truth from themselves and feel that they can camouflage their insecurities with tantrums, flare-ups, mood swings, and sulking.

Talking to such people can be difficult, at times. They can be terrible self-centered and you may find yourself catering to their emotions. Be careful. The angry person is difficult to please and you will more than likely find yourself playing to the beat of their drum.

If you know that you are dealing with someone with these symptoms, it may help you understand that their outbursts may actually be a cry for help. In a future article, I will write on simple ways that you can cope with angry people.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Do-Some-People-Get-So-Angry?&id=1431126

I found this article interesting because it's something i've always wondered about. It takes some people very little to become happy while it takes a lot more to make some others happy. these perpetually unhappy people are always very moody and negative. even when they seem happy u are scared that their mood will change any time soon. I know it's a personality thing and there are advantages and disadvantages to both personalities but I just never understand why people are like this. generally happy vs generally moody.
the advantage i see to having this angry personality is that they tend to be more disciplined. they are fussy about everything and are perfectionist. people are scared of them so they usually get their way.

so what do you guys think of the article?

I know this is more of a psychology/ people relations topic but anyways. but I think the "romance section" should be renamed "relationship section" lol
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by whitelexi(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2009
People who get angry easily, sometimes have a sense of entitlement. They want to be the authority on any matter they bring up and do not want you to counter anything they have to say. Sometimes they feel they deserve to be tended to, and not doing so, angers them.

In that case, every Nigerian man is an angry ma naa grin grin grin grin
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by TPIA3: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2009
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by oyinda3(f): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
I agree with you tpia and it definitely is ok to get mad. but what I mean is that some people are perpetually in this negative/ moody state of mind and get angry more easily than others.
ex if someone stepped on you, some people will forgive easily or not get mad about it while others will be more pissed and are more likely to vent.  with these anger prone people, ppl are always careful around them and try to appease them which i don't think is fair really. lol
emotions are contagious as well so being around a negative person for too long will dampen a happy person's spirit more often than not.

yea ppl who hide their anger can be sneaky. lol there is nothing wrong with showing your anger but some people are just always angry about everything than others. lol  and there are some people who genuinely HARDLY get angry n seem to be content most of the time. I think it's more of a personality thing but i don't understand the psychology of it. lol

i think yoruba call it ikanra. some people kanra wayy too much. I know some ppl like this and if i had my way i would ask them if they are content with that kind of life? i mean they're pretty smart and get things done usually. very fussy about everything but is it worth it if ur mental state have to suffer as a result? lol maybe they are content with being less happy in general than others and don't mind it.

whitelexi:

In that case, every Nigerian man is an angry ma naa grin grin grin grin

nahh not all naija men are like that. but a lot are though. lol
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by tpiah2: 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
I agree some people are always angry, though I cant say I know anyone who's always angry all the time. Even on nairaland.

However, if someone around me seems to be under tension most of the time, then maybe I could be contributing to the person's ill humor? Just a thought.

No man is an island and if someone is getting angrier than everyone else, then its just possible they're intentionally or unintentionally doing something to displease the person, and in that case, I'd give him/her a wide berth until s/he calms down, if I dont understand that kind of temperament.

True, some people have short fuses while others dont. Everyone cant be the same.
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by oyinda3(f): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
yea that's true about some ppl having short fuses. I wonder why though.

I know this girl from the first time i talked to her she seemed mean. then i observed her and notice she's like that with most people. I don't really talk to her much but i'm friends with her on facebook and u know how statuses are public. every time she has a moody status. it is rare that she has a positive one.  ex." i'm sad today, it is cloudy (she never comments when it's sunny. only when it's cloudy lol), i can't stand some ppl, this person is a blah blah, i hate this place, what is wrong with, i am pissed. . . "
it's worse that i don't know how to block such thing 'cause emotions can be infectious sometimes. lol and even when i see her she's always with a straight face 90% of the time. and very opinionated

there are some people on the other hand that are the opposite of that and you just want to be like them 'cause they seem to be always happy and content and appreciate more of the good things in life. and try to ignore the bad or not let it affect them.

ps: are u getting banned or something? lol
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by tpiah2: 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
abi.

well, thats people's personality.

The mean girl will still have people who interact with her as she is. If you're not careful she may even end up as your boss and you the employee. cool lipsrsealed

The "happy" ones, on the other hand, often have their "happiness" as their major reward, and little else besides the good reputation.
Re: Angry Man/ Woman by oyinda3(f): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
yea but i hope she doesn't end up as my boss o. i will have to quit grin

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A God Fearing, Nice Guy For A Serious Relationship / Love Zone Forum / Dating Tips For Men: The Basics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.