Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

How To Be An OAP (parody) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Be An OAP (parody) (5031 Views)

How Can I Become An OAP Here In Nigeria / VIDEO DOWNLOAD : Tekno - Pana (parody) / In Search Of An Oap»do You Have What It Takes To Be A Radio Personnel?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be An OAP (parody) by Wave400: 12:09pm On May 03, 2016
We hear them everyday, they grace our ears every time. They are nobody but our OAPS (On-air Personalities). Have you ever considered being an OAP and enjoy lots of goodies on the side? Well here are 3 tips to make it a reality;

Get a Foreign Accent - This can never be overemphasized. The more Behind your accent, the better your chances of rising through the ranks. It doesn't matter if your accent is a poor mixture of British and Spanish or the number of months you've spent abroad can be counted on 1 finger. Speak like an Americanah or anything but Nigerian!

Become a Motivational Speaker. Copy quotes from all over the internet and say it intermittently so that we'd be awed or think you to be a philosopher. Especially indepth ones like these "Aspire to desire to inspire to acquire to require to reacquire to inquire and also esquire" . Rhyming is a must in this business.

Start a Side Hustle - Sell something; shoes, bags, makeup, chargers, belts or anything and use your social media platforms to push your market. If you can't sell a product, sell a service; whether it's a training, masterclass, or whatever. SELL

BUT don't get it twisted, we love our OAPS to the moon and back.

Source: www.wave400.com/blog/

Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by timmyshot(m): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2016
lets say this or i would just decide to call a spade a spade. The dream of becoming one hell of a prolific OAP has always been a constant movie to watch every night... I am really fascinated about the job not for the pay though, i love to talk... You know what am saying but how would one go about it as this OAP job is not advertised unlike other jobs. Await your response soon
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by chccho(m): 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
@op I want to believe your post is a big joke cos I don't see any reasonable or meaningful advice in your post....
Don't forget that some of the best OAPs/presenters/journalist do not have an accent all they do is speak good English..E.g Ik the wild child,Frank edoho,femi sowoolu,Gbemi olateru e.t.c

As far as am concerned most of the present day OAPs on air are mediocres

1 Like

Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by EbenzMedia: 5:43am On Aug 09, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO FOR ALL ARTISTES
(UPDATED)

Record a song for #8000 or voice on any instrumental of your choice for #4000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. You can also get your already produced song promoted on our site for #2000 with hypes on facebook and twitter and bbm with whatsapp broadcast. So hurry now before its too late. Promo ends by 31st of August,2016. For bookings and enquiries,call 08097168776.

You can also call us on +2348097168776 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by Wave400: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=chccho post=48315708]@op I want to believe your post is a big joke cos I don't see any reasonable or meaningful advice in your post....
Don't forget that some of the best OAPs/presenters/journalist do not have an accent all they do is speak good English..E.g Ik the wild child,Frank edoho,femi sowoolu,Gbemi olateru e.t.c

Yes you're right @ the big joke, hence the name Parody. It's not meant to be taken seriously. But you'd also agree that many just feign an accent to be able to rise up the ranks
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by Wave400: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
timmyshot:
lets say this or i would just decide to call a spade a spade. The dream of becoming one hell of a prolific OAP has always been a constant movie to watch every night... I am really fascinated about the job not for the pay though, i love to talk... You know what am saying but how would one go about it as this OAP job is not advertised unlike other jobs. Await your response soon

Apologies for the very late response;

Here's How I think we should go about it...

1. Pick your favorite OAP or OAPs.

2. Follow them on all social media platforms to learn from them. Engage them as often as possible. Many of them are open to sharing knowledge

3. Be a voracious learner. Listen intentionally to radio to learn how the top OAPs run their shows but don't copy. Everyone likes a unique voice

4. Fola Folayan (@4lah on twitter) is an OAP that is interested in developing people into good presenters. Check her out
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by timmyshot(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Wave400:

Apologies for the very late response;

Here's How I think we should go about it...

1. Pick your favorite OAP or OAPs.

2. Follow them on all social media platforms to learn from them. Engage them as often as possible. Many of them are open to sharing knowledge

3. Be a voracious learner. Listen intentionally to radio to learn how the top OAPs run their shows but don't copy. Everyone likes a unique voice

4. Fola Folayan (@4lah on twitter) is an OAP that is interested in developing people into good presenters. Check her out

Alright thank you dear would try even if i no like twitter
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by Glaxxs: 11:15am On May 17, 2018
Do any one have more practicable suggestions on how to be an OAP?
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by chccho(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2018
Why is it so difficult to get OAP jobs tho and how come people with very fake and irritating accents easily get the jobs E.g Bennyark on 105.1 is probably the worst OAP in lagos. The guys accent is so fake, and to make matters worse he cant even speak good english..
The likes of Frank Edoho, Femi Sowolu, or Daddy Freeze speak good english and do not fake an accent.

Anyways i just stumbled on a media academy in lagos called "The proemcees" u all can look it up if u are interested.
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by chccho(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2018
Glaxxs:
Do any one have more practicable suggestions on how to be an OAP?

Its "Does" Mr OAP
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by Glaxxs: 12:57am On May 21, 2018
chccho:

Its "Does" Mr OAP
Noted.

The proemcess is located Where ? Any address?
Re: How To Be An OAP (parody) by chccho(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2018
Glaxxs:

Noted.

The proemcess is located Where ? Any address?

Must u be spoon fed? Oga google is your friend

(1) (Reply)

Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) / DOWNLOAD MP3: Soft – Naughty / Who Is Your Favorite: Gbenga Adenuga Or Wale Adenuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.