Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start (1627 Views)

Help!!! Engine Cranks But Dies Of Immediately. / Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. / Car Cranks But Wont Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 6:51pm On May 03, 2016
I have a 2000 camry that has been serving faithfully.This morning i was ready to go out and alas it refused to start. What could be wrong?
Its an i4 eńgine
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 6:57pm On May 03, 2016
scan the car first.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by Burger01(m): 7:28pm On May 03, 2016
Scan first and post code. smiley
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by Dottore: 7:39pm On May 03, 2016
Did you visit any car wash, did they wash your engine?, if yes then water may have infiltrated some sensitive areas like the spark plug or distribution coil.
Other possible causes are: fuel pump failure or low pressure, then spark plugs. EFI (electronic fuel injection) switch or Fuse, sorry dude. Whichever is the case, that model of Camry is not expensive to maintain.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 7:41pm On May 03, 2016
Will scan first then. Dont want nobody playing around it
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2016
patlead:
I have a 2000 camry that has been serving faithfully.This morning i was ready to go out and alas it refused to start. What could be wrong?
Its an i4 eńgine

In the absence of a scanner.

What are the requirements for an engine to start?

1. Fuel supply
2. Air
3. A spark (sparkplugs)
4. Compresion
5. The right timing for all 1-4 listed above.

1 Like

Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 9:33pm On May 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

In the absence of a scanner.

What are the requirements for an engine to start?

1. Fuel supply
2. Air
3. A spark (sparkplugs)
4. Compresion
5. The right timing for all 1-4 listed above.
if you ask me, i think is fuel or plugs, but i did change the fuel filter when i serviced it in march
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45pm On May 03, 2016
patlead:
if you ask me, i think is fuel or plugs, but i did change the fuel filter when i serviced it in march

you need to eliminate the variables, you need to know, not guess.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by mexyk(m): 10:53pm On May 03, 2016
When I had similar problem with my camry, was the kick starter
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by tobiak(m): 11:29pm On May 03, 2016
You might have a blown EFI fuse.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 7:40am On May 04, 2016
mexyk:
When I had similar problem with my camry, was the kick starter
his, is a crank no start situation, yours is a no crank no start situation. mkay?
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 8:21am On May 04, 2016
tobiak:
You might have a blown EFI fuse.
ok, will look for that
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by depair: 11:37am On May 04, 2016
if it cranks ur timing belt could be out of sync
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 6:37pm On May 04, 2016
patlead:
ok, will look for that
thanks a bunch.took a look around it and discovered the fuse was blown.had it changed and the engine started.thanks to everyone that gave a cluę.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 6:48pm On May 04, 2016
patlead:
thanks a bunch.took a look around it and discovered the fuse was blown.had it changed and the engine started.thanks to everyone that gave a cluę.
simple, wow! sometimes it is really simple. But is the fuse burnt, melted or black in color? If yes then the fuel pump is taking too much current, if no, then it is just age or something not serious.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On May 04, 2016
patlead:

it will blow again. Fuses only burn when they have exceeded their rated capacity. Find the source of the problem, look for exposed wires touching them selves or touching the body of the engine. I'm never satisfied with "oh it was a blown fuse" it never works for me, and always turns back to bite me in the arse grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 11:00am On May 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it will blow again. Fuses only burn when they have exceeded their rated capacity. Find the source of the problem, look for exposed wires touching them selves or touching the body of the engine. I'm never satisfied with "oh it was a blown fuse" it never works for me, and always turns back to bite me in the arse grin
Oh Really, will have that checked to avoid stories that touch. thanks a million
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by erico2k2(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2016
patlead:
Oh Really, will have that checked to avoid stories that touch. thanks a million
You can get tape to tidy all of ur wires as well.Especially them ones near and heat shield
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by alomeda600(m): 7:09pm On May 06, 2016
Ow abt the battery...similar thing happened to me...thot twas even d kick..got to know later dat itx d battery
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 10:37pm On May 06, 2016
erico2k2:

You can get tape to tidy all of ur wires as well.Especially them ones near and heat shield
so i did a propęr check of all possible loose cables and what i discovered was amazing,the wire thats connected to the alternator was literarily loose.its usually connwcted to the top of the alternator with a washer and my horn got back into its original sound
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2016
patlead:
so i did a propęr check of all possible loose cables and what i discovered was amazing,the wire thats connected to the alternator was literarily loose.its usually connwcted to the top of the alternator with a washer and my horn got back into its original sound

check more, that will distort charging, not blow a fuse.
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 3:26pm On May 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

check more, that will distort charging, not blow a fuse.
100% right
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 3:29pm On May 08, 2016
Op the fuse you threw away, did it show any sign of heat, or did the plastic cover melt or appear like something that was thrown into fire? Please reply
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by patlead: 5:14pm On May 09, 2016
cocoduck:
Op the fuse you threw away, did it show any sign of heat, or did the plastic cover melt or appear like something that was thrown into fire? Please reply
It was just a cut, didnt show any sign of being burnt. Also, as per the wire on connected to the alternator, it has been well fitted and car starts as sharo as usual. Thanks
Re: Please Help,2000 Camry Cranks But Wont Start by cocoduck: 6:42pm On May 09, 2016
patlead:
It was just a cut, didnt show any sign of being burnt. Also, as per the wire on connected to the alternator, it has been well fitted and car starts as sharo as usual. Thanks
okay sometimes it cuts as a result of age, or that your Fuel pump motor was drawing excess current, when last did you change the fuel filter, it may be clogged causing the pump motor to work extra hard, or that the pump motor is on its way out.

(1) (Reply)

All New 2018 Audi A7 Sportback (details, Photos And Price) / Toyota Corolla Is Overheating / Top 10 Cars For Single Guys To Attract Women In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.