Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

My League Of Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My League Of Interviews (1786 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My League Of Interviews by Egohunter: 8:43am On May 04, 2016
Just sitting at home and wondering, My people i have attended at least 2 dozens of interview, passed at most one quarter of a dozen of them but yet my phone never rings even after medicals.

I have attended interviews in big firms and it will be going smoothly all of a sudden my village people go get alert , either i get tongue-tied, start stammering or then knack me one unwanted question from the blues.

This is not a pity post but i wanna know who has recorded such high amount of interviews (from oct till date) with such low success rate or if my record is unbeatable..loll

Let he who is without blemish cast the first stone.

3 Likes

Re: My League Of Interviews by H2Ossss(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2016
even after medicals? you probably need to go do a checkup... or hopefully you will get called soon.
Re: My League Of Interviews by Kookny(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2016
Hahahahaha... Maybe cos you're still an "egohunter", when you change to a "job-hunter" grin
Re: My League Of Interviews by bookason100(m): 9:25am On May 04, 2016
Hahahahhahahah. Mehn u wanna bust my ribs with lafta. Itz well Ur miracle is around d corner
Re: My League Of Interviews by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:31am On May 04, 2016
Lol, i experienced such den,..

Analyse nd know where u dey Bleep up..

#selfimprovement#
Re: My League Of Interviews by hordunayodt: 10:07am On May 04, 2016
Same here bro, from Oct . Some have been hit back to back sef but boils down to we'll get back to you.
it will soon be history
Re: My League Of Interviews by spicyuzo(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2016
Lol, Finally someone wearing the same shoe size as me...

Mine is even more intriguing....

On two separate occasions, The interviewer had said to me with a big smile "I am looking forward to working with you".

The last one said me....."I will make a recommendation on your application".

I went home with joy almost bursting my heart, I started Ironing my clothes.....But For where....Till Today I am still in the hunting market.

God is on our case.....

It might take a while, But It will surely come......PANDENSHE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My League Of Interviews by nmreports: 10:37am On May 04, 2016
In as much as this is funny this is something a lot of people went through and are still going through.

Follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2835452/tagged-serious-simple-ways-get You might find it interesting.
Re: My League Of Interviews by Egohunter: 11:07am On May 04, 2016
Kookny:
Hahahahaha... Maybe cos you're still an "egohunter", when you change to a "job-hunter" grin
guy kponkpi...de are all intertwined
Re: My League Of Interviews by Egohunter: 11:11am On May 04, 2016
spicyuzo:
On two separate occasions, The interviewer had said to me with a big smile "I am looking forward to working with you".
I went home with joy almost bursting my heart, I started Ironing my clothes.....But For where....Till Today I am still in the hunting market.
God is on our case.....
hehehehehe...hr personnel's deserve to go to hell before lawyers.. Their diplomacy is annoying

1 Like

Re: My League Of Interviews by FixedRoots: 12:12pm On May 04, 2016
spicyuzo:
You should have gone back there after a week. Send a mail. Make a call. Do something. If I were you I'd go there tomorrow requesting to see my interviewer. The job market is a jungle, you can't just let go so easily after coming so close.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My League Of Interviews by niceeric(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2016
spicyuzo:

God is on our case.....

na me b this now!!!!!!!....always getting good comments that always makes my belle sweet and in all interviews since October too, I get asked if I've worked in the field longer than my CV says but lo and behold, I'm punching this post on my keyboard lying on my bed facing the ceiling on a Wednesday afternoon ,not on leave but just plain jobless

I hate HR peeps, wonder y they make you happy for nothing....wonder y they never keep their 'we'll get back to you'(whether for good or for evil) promise!

2 Likes

Re: My League Of Interviews by spicyuzo(m): 12:54pm On May 04, 2016
FixedRoots:
You should have gone back there after a week. Send a mail. Make a call. Do something. If I were you I'd go there tomorrow requesting to see my interviewer. The job market is a jungle, you can't just let go so easily after coming so close.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Frankly, I called and I was told to expect a mail with the response. I have my mail inbox open in almost any device i come in contact with.

But Alas! what can a man do when it is obvious that the said position has been filled....I even got in contact with one of the successful candidates.

I really wish the HRs could at least give candidates a clue as to the reason for disqualification. Even a one-line sentence can calm tensed nerves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My League Of Interviews by spicyuzo(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2016
niceeric:

na me b this now!!!!!!!....always getting good comments that always makes my belle sweet and in all interviews since October too, I get asked if I've worked in the field longer than my CV says but lo and behold, I'm punching this post on my keyboard lying on my bed facing the ceiling on a Wednesday afternoon ,not on leave but just plain jobless

I hate HR peeps, wonder y they make you happy for nothing....wonder y they never keep their 'we'll get back to you'(whether for good or for evil) promise!

Exactly on Point. If I'm bad, Please tell me to my face and save me from sprinkling my filth at every interview I attend. Tell me why I don't qualify, I am a Learner, Please teach me from your experience. HRs shouldn't patronize my evil and filth in the name of diplomacy. Please help me and equip me towards eventually landing a job....."We'll gt back to you" for me is another term for "Go and continue wallowing at home".

5 Likes

Re: My League Of Interviews by FixedRoots: 1:12pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=spicyuzo post=45304119]You did well. The HR is at fault. Keep your head up.
Re: My League Of Interviews by arthurshelly: 1:14pm On May 04, 2016
@poster please still be calm and keep praying to almighty God....i send for than 3000 cv out some years back after 3years some of the multinational company among them start calling me for interview after 3years...some company keep there cv till dey need them..............i even went to a company after i was called by a compant after 2years and i was ask what exam did i take since the 2years i attend there interview and i told them that what make me get the job others that even have hight score mark then dint get the job because of me not indle with many exam.............@poster keep ur self busy with professional exams and training.....i wish you good luck
Re: My League Of Interviews by Egohunter: 1:30pm On May 04, 2016
arthurshelly:
@poster please still be calm and keep praying to almighty God....i send for than 3000 cv out some years back after 3years some of the multinational company among them start calling me for interview after 3years...some company keep there cv till dey need them..............i even went to a company after i was called by a compant after 2years and i was ask what exam did i take since the 2years i attend there interview and i told them that what make me get the job others that even have hight score mark then dint get the job because of me not indle with many exam.............@poster keep ur self busy with professional exams and training.....i wish you good luck
Yes professional exam is necessary but finance is needed to back it up..the rest of ur post i do not understand, u need to sack ur p.a

4 Likes

Re: My League Of Interviews by niceeric(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2016
spicyuzo:

Exactly on Point. If I'm bad, Please tell me to my face and save me from sprinkling my filth at every interview I attend. Tell me why I don't qualify, I am a Learner, Please teach me from your experience. HRs shouldn't patronize my evil and filth in the name of diplomacy. Please help me and equip me towards eventually landing a job....."We'll gt back to you" for me is another term for "Go and continue wallowing at home".
exactly my thought bro....these HR peeps just don't care...guess they see job seekers as trash and I don't blame them, the number of unemployed graduates roaming the streets has made us look too cheap hence they treat us like beggars
we'll win them someday I hope(with the little hope that is left in me)
Re: My League Of Interviews by Jamean(f): 9:27am On May 05, 2016
FixedRoots:

Seconded...not all closed doors are locked, sometimes you just have to push.

1 Like

Re: My League Of Interviews by Kookny(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2016
spicyuzo:

Conversely, the job I just got, the MD told me straight-up, that I messed up. After the interview, I'd asked when we should start expecting feedback, the panel laughed and the MD told me to run home, I shouldn't expect any good feedback from such an abysmal performance... I was startled.

Ironical, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: My League Of Interviews by spicyuzo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Kookny:

Conversely, the job I just got, the MD told me straight-up, that I messed up. After the interview, I'd asked when we should start expecting feedback, the panel laughed and the MD told me to run home, I shouldn't expect any good feedback from such an abysmal performance... I was startled.

Ironical, isn't it?

First, Congratulations on securing the job. As ironic and abysmal your performance was at the interview, It is worthy of commendation that the interview team were able to spike your ego and maybe that made you perform somewhat better in trying to defend your claim on the job. But then finally, you got the job, so in your perceived "bad performance" you exhibited an amazing quality that landed you the job.

I hope to run into an ironical favour as yours.....But until then....I am jobless and searching....LOL grin grin grin

Big congrats again bro......
Re: My League Of Interviews by Kookny(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
spicyuzo:

First, Congratulations on securing the job. As ironic and abysmal your performance was at the interview, It is worthy of commendation that the interview team were able to spike your ego and maybe that made you perform somewhat better in trying to defend your claim on the job. But then finally, you got the job, so in your perceived "bad performance" you exhibited an amazing quality that landed you the job.

I hope to run into an ironical favour as yours.....But until then....I am jobless and searching....LOL grin grin grin

Big congrats again bro......

Thanks bro, expect yours soon smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BEDC Aptitude Test Invitation / Recruitment For Graduate Transaction Trainee In A Renowned First Generation Bank / ATM Manufacturer (NCR) Graduates Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.