Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Leicester Fans Name Their Baby Daughter After Claudio Ranieri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester Fans Name Their Baby Daughter After Claudio Ranieri (676 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Pictured For The First Time Since Baby Daughter Alana Martina' / Cristiano Ronaldo Welcomes Baby Daughter Alana Martina (video) / Abramovich Congratulates Claudio Ranieri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leicester Fans Name Their Baby Daughter After Claudio Ranieri by Emmafe(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2016
CLAUDIO RANIEIRI is so popular in Leicester that one loved-up couple of fans have named their DAUGHTER after him.

The former Chelsea boss, previously mocked as the Tinkerman, has turned into Superman at the King Power stadium by taking his side to their first Premier League title.

Despite starting the season as 5000/1 underdogs, Monday’s fiery draw between second-placed Spurs and Chelsea handed the Midlands side the crown.

And, to honour the Italian, Foxes fanatics James Robinson and his fiancé Sarah have christened their 5lbs 4ozs cub Olivia-Jane Claudia Robinson.

The season ticket holders have, like the rest of the country, fallen for the 64-year-old’s charm and even managed to let their newborn watch her namesake on TV against Manchester United on Sunday.

James, 29, who works as an administrator at University of Leicester, told the Leicester Mercury: “My fiancée and I have both been season ticket holders at Leicester for a number of seasons and felt it was only right that we mark this massive occasion achievement in the best way we possibly could.

“As it became more likely that City would win the league we considered naming our daughter after one of the players.

“But the only one that came near was Fuchs, which is German for fox.

“We did not think that was suitable. So we opted to go for Claudia, which also happens to be Claudio’s daughter’s name.”

Sarah, 25, fell in love with the club at their old Filbert Street ground after being taken along by dad.

And she has even taken to calling the loveable gaffer ‘Papa’ as he works his magic on the players and media with shouts of “dilly ding, dilly dong” on the training ground.

The proud mum added: “Papa Ranieri, that’ s how I refer to him, is the total opposite to Nigel Pearson.

“I was so pleased when he took over. He is humble and such a good role model.

“He brought the team together.”

She added: “The players are really nice people too.

“I met Nathan Dyer who was in hospital for the birth of his second child and he was such a nice person. Really down to earth.

“We are in total admiration of Ranieri and the way he has gone about his work, and feel it is a fitting tribute and one we can tell our little Olivia-June Claudia Robinson about in the future.

“She has started her life as a Leicester fan and already has a city scarf.”

cc Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Will There Ever Be A Fierce Competition Between Players Like Ronaldo And Messi? / If You Know You Have Longed Been Searching For A Sure Source In Sports Betting / WWE Smackdown Live 11/8/2016 Highlights - WWE Smackdown 8th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.