Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ (5246 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / Munachi Abii & Uti Nwachukwu “get Married” In Wedding Dresses By Mai / Brides Dressed In Traditional Wedding Dresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by ud4u: 10:30am On Aug 13, 2009
My own is inside the box after my wedding since May 31st 2008. Well I don't know what to do with it.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by omooloye1(f): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2009
sew a beautiful gown out of it for your daughter grin
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by manuel(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
debest1:

or keep it for the next wedding,

LMAO grin grin
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by jchick(f): 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
Had mine locked up in the closet since December and still plan to keep mine for as long as 10yrs or more. will probably wear it for my first anniversary then keep trim to make sure it fits for my tenth.

I could change my mind later though and give it out , if the need arises
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by modele2: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
I rented,
the morning after i packed the thing and returned (make that 2 days later).
i did not care if it was being soiled, i enjoyed my self and never visited the drycleaners.
I think its whimsical, also a waste of space and money to buy.
My shoes were practical so i wear them some sundays, the earings and stuff die quick, besides they could be cheap so i used them till they died and did not mind.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by adaku123(f): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
I will keep it, Renting is just not my thing!!!

I will wear it on my anniversaries, I think its important,

My mum still has her gown, She allows me and my sisters try it on very carefully, LOL

Its hideous, But it has serious sentimental value, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by mrperfect(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2009
I will leave that decision to my wife
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by N101: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
adaku123:

I will keep it,  Renting is just not my thing!!!

I will wear it on my anniversaries,  I think its important,

My mum still has her gown, She allows me and my sisters try it on very carefully, LOL

Its hideous, But it has serious sentimental value,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm curious, what decade did your mother get married?  The only hideous dresses I can think of were 70s and 80s (even the men's outfits were awful!)  grin

roniesharl:

smiley smiley smileyhi guyz, interesting tread.
my wedding is coming up dec 2009, from wat ive read on this tread, i'm begining to have a rethink.
i'd wanted to go for a very gorgeous wedding gown, but the question is,
will the wedding gown be useful after my big day?
will it appreciate in value with time? wink
Very VERY rarely would a dress appreciate - in fact, it's more likely to deteriorate first!

You may want to pick something that you can either dye (if possible) and wear again or convert into a dress which may not be possible, depending on your choice of style.

Congrats and hope all goes well in December.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by posakosa(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
why spend soo much money on a dress anyways if you're only going to wear it once ??
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by funcy: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
My wife should decide that on her own.My own case is simple i can still be wearing my suit to work.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by adaku123(f): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
@ N101

My mum got married in 1986, the gown  has style small, lol,

What my parents are wearing is hideous, lol, The guests look like they are clowning around, >Some serious retro sturvs, LOl

At the end of the day she loves it and i believe that its a good souvernir especially in those times when marriage is hard, U can look at it and remember the good times and it could strengthen you,
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by nk(f): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
i still had mine and still thinking of what to do with it. It has already been dry cleaned. hope to keep for a long time anyway
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by CrazyMan(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2009
I would keep mine in a safe; so that I can always remember it.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by TinTin18(f): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
I wont spend so much money in the first place.
I have done my research in preparation for my future big day and i've decided to get my dress sewn in china as it costs very little ($150+).
By doing this, it wont hurt to use the dress to mop the floor the day after the wedding  grin grin grin grin
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by joyblinks(f): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2009
or probably keep it for your burial day
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by jayskillx(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2009
I am a competent dear on gown.any body interested should contact me via 08038038457 or nicebeatzmusic@yahoo.com.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by ayobase(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2009
ladies probs!!!

Guys gat no probs about theirs!

It depends on my wife.

Im still cruising my dad`s wedding suit up to date!
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by TinTin18(f): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
@joyblinks,  thats rather harsh and uncalled for!!
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by stilletos: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2009
I'll keep it forever. It would be a good way to ensure I maintain my figure 8.When I can no longer fit into my wedding dress, I go know say yawa don burst.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by ikemefuna1: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2009
burn it
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by MrBentley: 1:06am On Aug 15, 2009
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by coolgenius: 3:20am On Aug 15, 2009
Folks in the U.S. ship their wedding dresses home to Nigeria for their relatives to where. You can buy anything for your wedding in the U.S.A from Pretty Logial. People in the U.S. use Pretty Logical Intl to ship things home to Nigeria. They are FAR cheaper than FedEx, Dhl, UPS.

You can get anything in the U.S. from Pretty Logical.

Check them out at www.prettylogical.com

Call 08033040582 (Lagos) or 310-532-3254 (Los Angeles)

Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2009
ikemefuna1:

burn it
You read my mind
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by oge4real(f): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
I prefer buying, then resell it after use.
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by sweetpie23: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2009
put it on rent
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by amyb1(f): 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
i kept it all for my daughter incase she wants it wen she eventually gets married smiley
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by kellorah: 3:18am On Aug 28, 2009
I will buy and keep MINE. I'm gonna look @ it whenever I want to grin and wear it whenever I feel like it tongue I wont mind lending it out if someone asks to borrow it though. . . .But they must return it in perfect condition!

[Wouldn't rent, cos that would mean someone else might have worn it before me. (EW!!! BTW) ]

My mom kept hers for a VERY long time. It was fine until someone borrowed it, and when she was done, handwashed it (instead of dry-cleaning as my mom told her to). She somehow tore the inside of the dress. I don't know what my mom did with it after that cos she hasn't got it anymore.

Yeah, I wanna keep mine so my girls can play in them like we used to, with my mom's. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by cashful(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
ayobase:

[color=#006600]ladies probs!!!

Guys gat no probs about theirs!

It depends on my wife.

color]
i agree
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by Radiant(f): 1:53am On Nov 09, 2009
Borrow? Hell nah! cheesy

Will buy and keep it with me. No selling nor giving away cheesy
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by shushu(f): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2009
i gave it to my sister to use for her wedding.its only a gown at the end of the day-white, champaigne, beige or whatever and in many cases u are the only one who remembers what it looked like-as in all the details.
no one knew it was the same dress my sister and i used
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by Winnergal(f): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2009
shushu:

i gave it to my sister to use for her wedding.its only a gown at the end of the day-white, champaigne, beige or whatever and in many cases u are the only one who remembers what it looked like-as in all the details.
no one knew it was the same dress my sister and i used

If some of your guests attended her wedding, then they were def. aware of it, sweetie . . .
Re: ~The Morning After: What Do You Do With Your Wedding Dresses. . . ?~ by shushu(f): 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2009
winnergal,
they were not aware.we did not get married in the same year to start with and i got married in the uk, she in nigeria, besides she used a bolero with it.people dont notice the details like the bride would

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Groom & Groomsmen Wears - Free Delivery Within Lagos State / Important Information To All Military Pensioners / VFD PLC, ANAMMCO, Others Partner Anambra Man Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.