Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,313 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Regular Prventive Maintenance For Your Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Regular Prventive Maintenance For Your Vehicle (702 Views)

How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea / How To Prepare Your Vehicle For Travel / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Regular Prventive Maintenance For Your Vehicle by carboyfriend: 10:48pm On May 04, 2016
Hello everyone.

Thank you for reading my last post.

How is your vehicle treating you? Or should I ask, how are you treating your vehicle?

Well in this post I am going to talk about the basic preventive maintenance you should do on your vehicles.

The Engine:- You are required to change the engine oil and oil filter of your engine every 5000km or 30000miles or every 3months. There are some high quality oil that could stay in your engine for longer, for these types of oil try not to exceed four months so you don'4t have sludge build-up in your engine.
The Fuel System.:- If you have an external fuel filter, check it every 10,000 or every 6000mies or 6months to confirm if its blocked. If it is, you need to change it.
Brakes:- Check your brake pads level whenever you change your engine oil. That is, every 5000km or 3000miles. If low, change them. This helps prevent your brake disc from getting damaged. The brake lining should be checked and adjusted every 10,000k or 6000miles.
If your car has an automatic transmission, you are required to change the transmission oil and filter. Check your manual to know when to do this. It helps the transmission to last longer. If you don't have the manual you can search out the mileage it should be done for your car's model and year on google.
Check your tyre pressure regularly. At least once a month. To get an accurate reading, check in the mornings when the weather is cool and when you have not really driven the car for too long.
Check your car lights at least once a month. If any bulb is burnt or not working, rectify.
If you notice any noise from your suspension, get it checked and rectified immediately. What you feel is small might actually be a major problem.
Balance your tyres whenever you buy new ones.
If you treat your vehicle well, it is sure to treat you well too.
Ensure to do the above listed things on your car, especially, changing the engine oil and filter regularly will make your engine last longer.
Also, don't forget to do the basic checks listed in my last post on your car regulaly.

I will appreciate your comments on this post.

Have a great day all.

Best Regards

2 Likes

Re: Regular Prventive Maintenance For Your Vehicle by ukata16(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2016
Nice post. If this can make front page other nairaland users can gain from it too
Re: Regular Prventive Maintenance For Your Vehicle by carboyfriend: 9:46pm On May 09, 2016
ukata16:
Nice post. If this can make front page other nairaland users can gain from it too

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On This.. / Spark Plugs / BMW Opulence Concept Car By Swaroop Roy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.