Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer (1107 Views)

50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s / 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by dejahvu(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2016
Im an upcoming producer currently producing a television talk show. Im interested in doing a scripted production but im having a battle within me as which to start with, Is it a television series OR a feature length. One of the reasons is Im more interested in feature length but a friend of mine that works at DSTV suggested the television industry is more protected from piracy than the feature length and suggest if I go the television way there are more prospects in revenue generation than film. I need the opinion and views of fellow Nairalanders..
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by djakinwande(m): 8:48am On May 05, 2016
Gat no idea cool
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by dejahvu(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2016
Funny you. I want comments from people who gat an idea
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by joshkke(m): 7:29am On May 06, 2016
The advantages of Film over TV are that it is relatively cheaper to shoot, and takes a shorter prod time, and if you know what you are doing, you can score big at cinemas first before exploring other windows like VOD, DVD, and ancillary distribution. Sure the piracy thing exists but if you do well at above, you should be in the black well before. In fact only successful films are pirated. TV derives revenue from Vod and sponsorship from advertising. And if you get adverts from agencies, you can be owed for years. My advice: do a good genre film with a tight plot, and lots of extras, eg. action. If you need help call 09090000522. My film opened in Sterkinekor Cinemas, South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by happyboyce2016(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2016
joshkke:
The advantages of Film over TV are that it is relatively cheaper to shoot, and takes a shorter prod time, and if you know what you are doing, you can score big at cinemas first before exploring other windows like VOD, DVD, and ancillary distribution. Sure the piracy thing exists but if you do well at above, you should be in the black well before. In fact only successful films are pirated. TV derives revenue from Vod and sponsorship from advertising. And if you get adverts from agencies, you can be owed for years. My advice: do a good genre film with a tight plot, and lots of extras, eg. action. If you need help call 09090000522. My film opened in Sterkinekor Cinemas, South Africa.
can i see the trailer of your movie
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by emsco(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2016
Am a cinematographer,film maker and camera operator. Everything you wanna do depends on budget,i wont decide for you until i know your budget. I will like to be part of your production crew when ever you want to get startded,i have experience team that can be of help to you. Call me on 08131501631
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by dejahvu(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2016
Joshkke thanks for the response I would like to see the trailer of ur movie and are u on Whats App
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by prof800(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2016
I suggest tv for now. Then later film.
Suggestion is for dejahvu.
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by dejahvu(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2016
@Prof can ur follow up ur suggestions with reasons if possible?
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by joshkke(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2016
@ Dejavu n Happiboyz2016. My film is called "Spirit of the Assassin". Pls search trailer on you tube. I wrote and directed and my company co-produced with another company. Whatsapp number 08187245682
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by happyboyce2016(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2016
joshkke:
@ Dejavu n Happiboyz2016. My film is called "Spirit of the Assassin". Pls search trailer on you tube. I wrote and directed and my company co-produced with another company. Whatsapp number 08187245682
very goood one. I never knew its your film. I have had of the movie before now. Is it in the market now? Have you made any other movie?
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by happyboyce2016(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2016
joshkke:
i just downloadwe the advert. Thats a very nice job. What kind of camera did you use?
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by joshkke(m): 6:44am On May 13, 2016
happyboyce2016:
i just downloadwe the advert. Thats a very nice job. What kind of camera did you use?

We had a trial run on 5 cinemas. in South Africa. Hope to release everywhere else soon. Used Sony PMW Ex 3 but that was sometime ago. Would go 4k today. Finishing post on a children comedy starring Zack Orji and prepping for an action adventure now. BTW looking for investors so if you know anyone. All our films are designed to be commercial and critical successes.
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by dejahvu(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2016
OH! Spirit of the Assasin; ive seen the trailler a good one their
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by happyboyce2016(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
joshkke:

We had a trial run on 5 cinemas. in South Africa. Hope to release everywhere else soon. Used Sony PMW Ex 3 but that was sometime ago. Would go 4k today. Finishing post on a children comedy starring Zack Orji and prepping for an action adventure now. BTW looking for investors so if you know anyone. All our films are designed to be commercial and critical successes.
thats nice. What i do is visual effects. I also edit
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by forreelinc(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Do television, it's cheaper
Re: Film OR Television In Naija? Which Will You Suggest For An Upcoming Producer by joshkke(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
joshkke:
The advantages of Film over TV are that it is relatively cheaper to shoot, and takes a shorter prod time, and if you know what you are doing, you can score big at cinemas first before exploring other windows like VOD, DVD, and ancillary distribution. Sure the piracy thing exists but if you do well at above, you should be in the black well before. In fact only successful films are pirated. TV derives revenue from Vod and sponsorship from advertising. And if you get adverts from agencies, you can be owed for years. My advice: do a good genre film with a tight plot, and lots of extras, eg. action. If you need help call xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My film opened in Sterkinekor Cinemas, South Africa.

(1) (Reply)

How To Download Movies Fast Even With Slowest Network / Kenny Blaq: Nigeria's Best Stand-up Comedian (video) / List Of TSTV Dealers In Nigeria – Lagos , Abuja , Port Harcourt , 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.