Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Controversies Surround 'secret' Anambra Fa Polls - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Controversies Surround 'secret' Anambra Fa Polls (326 Views)

Ghana FA President Caught On Video Taking Bribe / Tammy Abraham Tells England FA He Remains Available For Selection / Anambra FA Introduces ‘football Made In Anambra’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Controversies Surround 'secret' Anambra Fa Polls by uduokirika1(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2016
Controversies surround 'secret' Anambra FA polls
Ifeanyi Ubah (right) owner of Nigeria premier league club

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may well be involved in another legal battle as one of the candidates for the Anambra State Football Association (FA) chairmanship position, Olisa Aniuno, is set to drag them before the Federal High Court in Awka.
READ: 'Pinnick wants to impose Ifeanyi Ubah as FA boss'
This is coming on the heels of the controversy that is currently sweeping the state over the conduct of a 'secret election' into the Anambra State FA, 24 hours before the scheduled date.
Findings by AfricanFootball.com have revealed that a 'secret election' was held at the Don Ritz Hotel in Awka on Tuesday, as against the Wednesday date set for the elections, and it has now produced Ifeanyi Ubah as the chairman.
The NFF had announced Wednesday, May 4, as the date for the elections, while screening of candidates was fixed for May 3.
One of the delegates who spoke to AfricanFootball.com on the condition of anonymity claimed the correspondence they got from the NFF clearly said the elections will hold on Wednesday May 4, and not Tuesday May 3.
"They (NFF) told us the elections would hold on Wednesday (May 4), but they are now conducting a secret election today being Tuesday, with only one of the chairman aspirants present," the delegate claimed.
AfricanFootball.com put a call across to the head of the NFF communications department, Ademola Olajire, to find out their position on the raging controversy, but he said he wasn't sure of the set date, and referred this reporter to the legal department.
He said: "I don't know but it's supposed to be tomorrow (Wednesday) but I'm not following it. You can call the NFF legal department," Olajire said.
When contacted, head of the NFF legal department, Okey Obi, also said he wasn't aware when the elections would hold.
"Honestly, I don't even know. I'm not involved in it, so I can't really tell you whether the election is today or tomorrow," Obi said.
Meanwhile, the NFF have since taken down the announcement of the election date from their website.
The elections into the Anambra State FA have dragged on for over a year, with the Glass House nominating a normalisation committee to oversee the polls.
Ephraim Chukwuemeka is the chairman of that committee and calls to his cell phone have so far gone unanswered.
The Amaju Pinnick-led NFF are currently involved in a legal tussle with a group led by Chris Giwa over the leadership of the federation

http://africanfootball.com/all-news/

(1) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi: "I Have Arsenal Blood In My Veins” (video) / First Ever Draft Game Championship To Be Hosted In Ibiono Ibom / Arsenal And St. Totteringham Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.