Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Graphic Designer Needed Urgently - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Designer Needed Urgently (1588 Views)

Premium Social media designs / Good Logo/graphic Designer Needed! / 8 Sure Ways To Be A Better Graphic Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 05, 2016
graphic designer needed urgently to design label/sticket logo.
09039205941 whatsapp me.
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 12:48pm On May 05, 2016
@Businessnaija Is it fair that i designed your work went thru stress,loaded card called you you didn't pay me for the job,you didn't talk to me or say anything since that day.And you're looking for another graphics designer...Is it fair ?

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 12:49pm On May 05, 2016
Is this job not good enough for you to atleast pay or say something and then we settle it,than you just keeping quiet over a week.And you think it is fair.Does my body not run on blood abi i don't think to do your design for you ?
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 05, 2016
aurumbay:
Is this job not good enough for you to atleast pay or say something and then we settle it,than you just keeping quiet over a week.And you think it is fair.Does my body not run on blood abi i don't think to do your design for you ?
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 2:40pm On May 05, 2016
I expected you to have given me a legitimate excuse.or you didnt use the banner is that what you would say ?
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 3:05pm On May 05, 2016
Pls folks intervene in this subject is it right? Doesn't it equal to scam when one offers service and instead of pay for service rendered u just run away what does it seem like to you ? Judge me house
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 4:19pm On May 05, 2016
Businessnaija:
graphic designer needed urgently to design label/sticket logo.
09039205941 whatsapp me.

aurumbay:
Pls folks intervene in this subject is it right? Doesn't it equal to scam when one offers service and instead of pay for service rendered u just run away what does it seem like to you ? Judge me house

No downpayment requested/offered? Na wa o!

Anyways, it equals scam. Because you've been scammed of your time, thought process, resources and your due cash.

But who knows? Businessnaija may have have his own reason(s). I wonder what they might be angry

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lodscott(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2016
aurumbay:

that's a nice design dude, its unfortunate but most people do take advantage of graphic designers. I av been scammed twice recently. and I learnt from others how to avoid this. never send usable samples to them. always cover a major part of your design with your logo or watermark transparent enough that it can be seen through but also opaque enough to render it unusable. only send complete design when payment is completed

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by felixchip(m): 8:31pm On May 05, 2016
aurumbay:

I'm sorry. But, there's nothing you can do even though it's wrong for him to have made away with your work without paying for it.

But, my advise, don't you "EVER" get started with any design job without a deposit. You'll understand as time goes on. Don't even design samples without payment. If they want samples, they should check your previous works.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 05, 2016
If you are a graphics designer, please kindly whatsapp me...
For the above posters, think before you judge...
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 6:37am On May 06, 2016
Businessnaija:
If you are a graphics designer, please kindly whatsapp me...

For the above posters, think before you judge...

...one can tell the kinda petty human you are from your thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3065653/make-supplenmentary-income-investing-business

Thinkers club ni. Anyway, OP will learn to stay away from your types now that he has been burnt. Nature will treat your business as thou hath treated others business.
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by InZA: 5:44pm On May 06, 2016
aurumbay:

We learn different lessons in different ways, some ways are mild, while others are sour. Unfortunately you've learnt a lesson the sour way. As a creative, never start any design or artwork without a down payment of some sorts except you just want to exercise your hand.

Sometime ago, I was applying for a Graphics Designer position for an independent life style blog- Whenever I'm applying for GD positions I attach a link to my GD portfolio... I got a feedback from the owner of this blog and she was glaringly pleased with my portfolio. She later told me to design a logo for her... I now sent her the terms of engagement, part of which was that she was going to have to pay a deposit (half of the total) for the design before I start.... It's been close to two months now and she has not sent a feedback - she don run go.

The point is as a designer, never sell yourself short, If you're contacted for a job, always ask for a deposit - you should be paid for the creative thinking and process involved in a design. Some of these clients think design is a piece of cake...You have to place a level of worth on your intellectual property by demanding a deposit before you start any work.

It may be painful but I suggest you leave this businessnaija guy alone, there are better opportunities ahead of you. Don't fight for crumbs, when there's a whole bakery ahead of you.

Cheers man

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2016
^^
Don't fight for crumbs, when there's a whole bakery ahead of you.

Words on marble!!! Your head is legit, sir!!!

1 Like

Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by EXPERT01: 6:24am On May 07, 2016
aurumbay:
@Businessnaija Is it fair that i designed your work went thru stress,loaded card called you you didn't pay me for the job,you didn't talk to me or say anything since that day.And you're looking for another graphics designer...Is it fair ?
It just so painful that this businessnaija guy take advantage of you ,scam of your resources annd time , bro just move on.
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 8:58pm On May 08, 2016
Thanks everyone.I got banned right after i made that comments for the past 4-5days.I've been reading the comments from my fellow graphic designers it's very encouraging and heart warming.No doubts i'm blessed and encouraged,we gotta put the hustle on,work hard,play hard too and hope for the best.Thanks for cheering me on Mates !
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 08, 2016
@Businessnaija, why don't you just clear the air here and give reasons why you never gave him feed back instead of keeping mute. Things like this can spoil someone's image so even if your reasons are genuine or not it's better you spill it out. Nobody knows your mind so we can't assume why the business transactions should go in such a manner. #JustMy2Cents
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lordmario(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2016
@Businessnaija it will do u n ur business name good if u clear d air abt dis. @MrDesigner why didn't u collect upfront to avoid stories like dis? Now u hv learnt ur lesson
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 6:29am On May 09, 2016
Thanks guys.i guess i was greedy.i just inherited an office which cost 25000naira rental fee monthly.panic and greed trying to make more money to cover expenses here and there
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 6:54am On May 09, 2016
aurumbay:
Thanks guys.i guess i was greedy.i just inherited an office which cost 25000naira rental fee monthly.panic and greed trying to make more money to cover expenses here and there

Well, you could also run a shared office package with someone in your area. That way, rental bills are split and less burdensome for thee. smiley
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 6:58am On May 09, 2016
@lightheart it's AJAH o,secondly it's at the bus stop thirdly i'm not defaulting in payment.Trying to make cash so i can keep the office for next year as other partner wants to pull out by December..so i'm planning early to keep the place since i'm into about 6 businesses...
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by wabdesigns(m): 7:08am On May 09, 2016
felixchip:

I'm sorry. But, there's nothing you can do even though it's wrong for him to have made away with your work without paying for it.

But, my advise, don't you "EVER" get started with any design job without a deposit. You'll understand as time goes on. Don't even design samples without payment. If they want samples, they should check your previous works.

GBAM
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2016
aurumbay:
@lightheart it's AJAH o,secondly it's at the bus stop thirdly i'm not defaulting in payment.Trying to make cash so i can keep the office for next year as other partner wants to pull out by December..so i'm planning early to keep the place since i'm into about 6 businesses...

No wahala, sir. May the odds remain in your favour.
Cheers!
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by lightheart(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2016
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 10, 2016
@mrDesigner. Sorry for that, but you should also be a man and reason why i stopped communication.

First, my wife just gave birth, wherby my undevided attention is needed.

Secondly, i did not use your design. I gave you corrections on the job, you refused to correct the job, therefore i was practically disqualified from the project. I remember i informed you it was a company project and various biders are in, and i was given a time frame to deliver, but i guess we both failed to meet up.

Thirdly, you can go through my past posts, am number 1 nairalander, who is strongly against crime and online scam. I wont be angry at your allegations, because on a normal thought, that is what anybody should do, seriously, i appreciate the fact that you brought the issue here.

Finally Sir MrDesigner, I did not use your work, because i was disqualified. Try and reason with me sir, but if you seek payments for the unsused work/stress involve, i would gladly do that.

I have being away from nairalandd for a while, because the joy of fatherhood is in me.

In conclusion, to those who judge without reasons/verification of allegations against someone, please try and amend a little. hear from the both parties before passing judgements.

God bless us all.
Re: Graphic Designer Needed Urgently by aurumbay: 9:40pm On May 10, 2016
@Businessnaija i didnt accuse you neither did i bring any accusations to the forefront.I got angry you didnt address my concern i brought here..See what i said here again to be sure.... @Businessnaija Is it fair that i designed your work went thru stress,loaded card called you you didn't pay me for the job,you didn't talk to me or say anything since that day.And you're looking for another graphics designer...Is it fair ?

Even during the deisgn process u cut off communication after a while.I was o tell u doing what u said required i designed from scratch and not as easy as remove this as you thought.For the past 4weeks i've been dealing with Nairalanders and one just paid me 8 now self for a service,i advocate clean and transparent business as much as i hate that you didnt qualify for something remember work takes stress secondly i use data,if u see how fast data is used up u will pity me.and for the unknown factor u had a son congrats,i won't be civil and humble i'll ask for the 3k for my job,but don't pay it to me..pls buy the boy a Bible with my 3k,na my own contribution to him journey for Life.Let's leave the past buried.And move into what the future has for us.I promise to be more patient and serious with my job....So any jobs for me ? because of the past my jobs now i collect an upfront so the job won't be given to someone else and i now strive to deliver jobs within 3-6hours...So BUSINESSNAIJA is a free man no offence taken he's not a cheat he just had a technical misunderstanding and thnks for you guys my family for settling the brotherly quarrel...so any jobs for me now?

(1) (Reply)

My Pencils Works / African Arts: Paintings, Prints, Murals And Sculptures / Woman Creates Amazing Optical Illusions With Make-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.